C12 system-Naval Combat!

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

gomimin

Post by gomimin »

ah! oh! jaaa! I can see clearly now--- 8O

BF2 mod FH2.1 mixed with naval BF1942 campaign - very nice idea :!: :!: :!:
(it would make =GC= mucho different from other FH tourneys too...)

I have played only 2h SP BF1942 till today - looks like i should buy it...ASAP

I'd suggest to play on tuesday, cuz i'm working Fr, Sat, Sun. :wink:

Looks like i should look into BF1942 mapping :D
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

jmo - I don't see 42 being played as part of our main battle day - I believe we should go FH2 all the way on Saturdays. But I do see 42 being played on a different day with the outcome having some consequence to the main battle. This way we could satisfy two groups of players without forcing them to play something they don't want to play on their chosen gaming day.

As a clan we could pull the mix off, but as an open tournament I think it is a stretch to incorporate both on one day.

And just so you don't get me wrong; I'm itching to sink Mordred 96 times in one round without dying.
gomimin

Post by gomimin »

That way i understood Thur: Sat Battles with FH2.1 and on another day 1942 naval. This should be Campaign 12...

...man it's soo hard to get an english language version of BF Complete Collection...Amazon offers it inexpensive- but if you don't want to pay for shipping more than for the game you'll have to wait up to a month to hold it in your hands and you have to pay by credit card or paypal (which i don't have or use) - *grmpf*
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

ok now, my assumptions were right. I think it is an interesting idea, but let's see just how many ppl will participate in the regular Saturdays battles FH2 campaign before adding Tuesday into the system with a whole new GAME to play!!! Remember, Tuesday attendances are always lower than Saturdays'. Don't get me wrong, I have BF 1942 and have played it long enough and I like it but c'mon ppl let's rethink this!

The making of camp12 should not be personal ("we'll play what I like and think is good") but everything has to be rethought and then rethought a bit more and then put on paper if it's best for the community we have at the moment and if it will work. With what we have right now, I doubt it will work, I am hoping we will get decent numbers on Sats, just because 3-4 vets came back on the forum to say hi doesn't mean "wow, large scale battles all over again". My 2 cents.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Ghostly

Post by Ghostly »

Okay,

It sounds great, altough I have to get bf42 for this.
I am willing to try!!!
Ghostly Greetings

"knowledge is power"
mem :OZC 6gb triple channel
graph : ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
Power : Antec Throughpower 850 Watt
box : Antec 182 black
gomimin

Post by gomimin »

Bought BF1942 :-)
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

hitman is right, brummie too
but
42 is ready and still played here :wink:
I can repair 6 hours, sir
:P
SSnake_Plissken
Location: an obscure body in the S-K system, known to its inhabitants as the planet Earth

Post by SSnake_Plissken »

Both in one day would be tough to pull off. I don't own 42 and probably won't be buying it. I'd bet there are others out there like me too. I don't mind not playing in the weekly battles (I'll skip 42) but it would suck not to play half of the Saturdays as well. It was hell trying to get everyone to change between BF2, Mods and SF, could you imagine the hassle changing between BF2 and 42? JMO...

Plus we advertise this community as a BF2 Tournament, and I'm sure a few of us joined because we like playing BF2. I'm not a fan of FH2, but if that's the direction we're going, I can live with it, but 42 is taking me further from BF2.

$0.02
"The Korova milkbar sold milk-plus, milk plus vellocet or synthemesc or drencrom, which is what we were drinking. This would sharpen you up and make you ready for a bit of the old ultraviolence."
Thur
Executive
Executive

Post by Thur »

I appreciate everyones feedback!

I will shelve this idea. It sounds good in theory but I believe you gentlemen are correct in your opposition. It is not practical ATM.

For those of you who like to try BF42 naval combat lets get together some friday night (20:00 GMT} and try it.

We need Captains, Gunners, Engineers and Pilots. :P
@4|Obshtz.Thur.DAK
5A|HC|Gen|Thur
@6-Oblt.Thur/LW
7R|HC|Gen.Thur
1E|HC|SgXo.Thur
UN|=GC=Thur
S1*TRG.Thur
4P*SGT=GC=Thur
11H.=GC=Thur
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

Well since FH2 is currently set in the desert shall we try a desert theme, possibly going with the order of the battles are in the timeline,
Mordred
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Mordred »

BRUMMIE wrote:And just so you don't get me wrong; I'm itching to sink Mordred 96 times in one round without dying.
I still don't have a reliable internet connection yet and at the moment I also need to get a new graphicscard but as soon as those things are fixed you're more than welcome to try, you might even pull it off but only if I would be driving a rubber dingy and you would be driving a battleship :twisted:
Ours is not to reason why, ours is but to do and die!
Thur
Executive
Executive

Re: C12 system-Naval Combat!

Post by Thur »

Why do I get the mental image of Mordred climbing up the side of the boat like a spider with C4 strapped to his back???
@4|Obshtz.Thur.DAK
5A|HC|Gen|Thur
@6-Oblt.Thur/LW
7R|HC|Gen.Thur
1E|HC|SgXo.Thur
UN|=GC=Thur
S1*TRG.Thur
4P*SGT=GC=Thur
11H.=GC=Thur
Pooschi

Post by Pooschi »

We all live in a yellow submarine, yellow submarine...la la la laah :) I remember there is one in BF42^^
Thur
Executive
Executive

Post by Thur »

You would be correct sir! I cannot remember which MOD or map but I did in fact pilot a yellow sub in BF1942.
@4|Obshtz.Thur.DAK
5A|HC|Gen|Thur
@6-Oblt.Thur/LW
7R|HC|Gen.Thur
1E|HC|SgXo.Thur
UN|=GC=Thur
S1*TRG.Thur
4P*SGT=GC=Thur
11H.=GC=Thur
Hashey

Post by Hashey »