Battlefield: Heroes

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Goggles
Executive
Executive

Battlefield: Heroes

Post by Goggles »

I hope this doesn't violate any NDAs... but here 'tis. We beta testers just got this in an email:

Return of the Battlefield Heroes Beta

Hello Heroes!

The Battlefield Heroes team is almost ready to start the second phase of the closed beta! It’s been great to see so many of you showing so much interest already!

You may be wondering what we’ve been up to the past few months, and how this new beta phase will be different from the last time the beta was live…

The main thing we’ve been working on is building a new back-end and web system for the game. This means the Heroes website will look better and run faster and the forums, character profiles and stats will be leaner, cleaner, and meaner! We’ve redesigned and rebuilt the system that allows you to buy Battlefunds (virtual currency), earn Valor Points (in-game rewards), and to spend them on character customisation items like hats, weapons, and emotes.

We’ve also been working on improving what you see and feel in-game. We’ve fine-tuned our hit detection and made some balance improvements. We’ve hammered away on many of the bugs you were experiencing. We’ve even worked on some new customisation items and designed some new maps. These are things we will continue to work on throughout the beta and beyond.

Our aim is to bring the beta back up some time this February. Stay tuned to the Heroes site for the exact date!

If you haven’t already signed up or have friends that still want to sign up, you can read about how to do so here.

See you on the Battlefield!

The Battlefield Heroes Team
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

Just to keep this thread up to date... beta keys for the new season of closed beta are now going out. Apparently if you've been a closed beta participant in the past, then you're very likely to get a new key - but it might take a little time before they get around to you.

So keep an eye on that mailbox, PinkAss!
Hi!
PinkAss

Post by PinkAss »

Hehe, I already did.
Some nice improvements and some not so nice. Whineeeee more! :D
Now You can search buddy and join his server but that also doesn't work as it should ...
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

Well it's still a beta :P At least you have your key... mine hasn't arrived yet! Though I did empty out my spambox a little bit before I read that they would start sending them out, so maybe I deleted it by accident!

I'm looking forward to trying out some of those VPs (not the ones you buy, but the ones you earn).
Hi!
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

PinkAss wrote:Hehe, I already did.
Some nice improvements and some not so nice. Whineeeee more! :D
Now You can search buddy and join his server but that also doesn't work as it should ...
Sounds like its ready to release by EA's standards.
Mat-Moo
Executive
Executive

Post by Mat-Moo »

Is it the same two boring arse maps still?
## # /\/\at-/\/\oo # ## (AKA Mat-d-Rat)
My software
Free reminders by email
Tsumetai_Ryujin

Post by Tsumetai_Ryujin »

WOOO HOOO I'VE GOT THE BETA KEY!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!

:)))))))))))))))))))
Tsumetai_Ryujin

Post by Tsumetai_Ryujin »

and I'm very disappointed with game :\ ... servers tend to be so much unbalanced that i loose any will to play anymore... in regular BF it was just a matter of switching sides, you can't do this here cuz every hero is bound to his side... i've even seen larger ratios than 8:4...
PinkAss

Post by PinkAss »

This issue has been discussed many times in beta forums but DICE wont change it.
Best way is to try and find another server.
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

I think what their focusing on most is their skill balancing algorithm... so basically they're trying to put people they think are of similar skill levels on the same server... but then forget to look at how the sides look at that time.

In the previous beta whenever I was tossed on a server and was on the side with too many people, I'd often just change to a character on the other side. They rarely had too many servers up, so I often got tossed back on the same server (or maybe I was just a noob :P)
Hi!