BC2 Vietnam

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

.Sup
Executive
Executive

BC2 Vietnam

Post by .Sup »

I thought we need an official thread dedicated only to Vietnam.

Here's the latest from EA (fullscreen is a must)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgMip96ugvI[/youtube]
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: BC2 Vietnam

Post by Hitman47 »

looks like battlefield heroes...
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Hitman47 wrote:looks like battlefield heroes...
in what way? I don't see any similarities apart from it being a 1st. person shooter

Edit: heroes aren't even 1st. person shooter :P no similarities!
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Looks tasty to me. Not sure if flame weapons are effective in playing. Seems like you're painting a big bullseye on yourself. $15 is realistic in price. But being a cheap poor bastard, I'm hoping closer to $10 for the 4 maps. If anyone sees any deals, let me know.
AlbinoKalle69

Post by AlbinoKalle69 »

I am not sure whether the german USK (responsible for censoring and banning violent video games) will like the use of a flame thrower ... :cry:
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

i guess we will find out soon enough
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

So who has it?
I like the weapons and vehicles, there is lots of camping which I don't like, maps are decent. I guess its worth it but I have seen better mods for BF2 that were free.
AlbinoKalle69

Post by AlbinoKalle69 »

I just tried to play it but it didn't really work...at first I was unable to log in ("unable to connect, please try again") and after I solved that problem I couldn't find any servers... 8O
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

AlbinoKalle69 wrote:I just tried to play it but it didn't really work...at first I was unable to log in ("unable to connect, please try again") and after I solved that problem I couldn't find any servers... 8O
Are you sure you have the latest patch?
AlbinoKalle69

Post by AlbinoKalle69 »

Ah...my bad. I simply had to to add "all game modes" in the server browser. Didn't notice that the box was empty before...
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

AlbinoKalle69 wrote:I just tried to play it but it didn't really work...at first I was unable to log in ("unable to connect, please try again") and after I solved that problem I couldn't find any servers... 8O
Also are you sure you purchased the addon, I get the same message and I sure as hell did not purchase it.
AlbinoKalle69

Post by AlbinoKalle69 »

I'm pretty sure that I purchased it :)
Everything works just fine now. Allready grilled some chicken today :wink:

PS: To use the word fine was a bit overhasty...the game still has its problems. It always takes ages to update my stats (which is quite annoying) and there are still some connection issues...but if you finally manage to get on a decent server you'll definitely have loads of fun.
gomimin

Post by gomimin »

From german OPT Forums where soylent posted it (without source...)
Regarding the past few days' connectivity/server problems (Dec 18th-22nd)
Here is a quick recap of what has happened during Dec 18th-22nd:

During Saturday, the stats database was getting overloaded for PC. This was both due to increased player counts and 3rd party stats websites pulling out stats.
This manifested itself in several ways:
* Sometimes the game would spend a really long time at the "updating stats" stage.
* Sometimes when people logged in, the game claimed that they were at rank 1.
* Sometimes the game would claim that they hadn't achieved anything (no pins/insignias etc).
One thing which is important to note here is that the stats for players have not been modified in any way - it is merely the game client that fails at retrieving them from the database.

We have blocked the main 3rd party stats websites, and are having a dialogue with their developers. Also, we have done modifications to the master server code to reduce the load that game clients cause on the stats DB. These changes were deployed during two master server restarts during Tuesday.

A bit later some networking issues caused something which we refer to as "ghost games" appearing in the server browser. What happened here was that 5-8% of all game servers fell offline, yet parts of the backend was under the impression that the servers were still connected. When the servers tried to reconnect, the backend would deny with the reason "there is already an identical server connected".

The swiftest way of resolving that is also the crudest - restarting the backend. We did so during Wednesday (a bit before lunchtime GMT).

At the time of writing, the backend is doing reasonably well and we are about to surpass 40k players online in less than an hour.

EDIT:
During evening Dec 22nd there are still reports about problems. These are likely due to packet loss that was occurring between two backbone locations in the US (one destination being near the master servers). The ranking DB itself held up fairly well during the night.
C11SCUM - Mandy
C12Panzerarmee Afrika Leutnant
C13 Neutral -Mercs
PR Team
-inactive- No BF modding = not buying - FUEA
B.I.A. for RS2V ?!?
AlbinoKalle69

Post by AlbinoKalle69 »

8O