Campaign Unlock Discussion

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

WoodenPlank

Re: Campaign Unlock Discussion

Post by WoodenPlank »

Ash2Dust wrote:There are other unlock server commands, but there is no information on how to use them. So they are basically useless as far as I can tell.
If someone with server admin rights wants to sit down one night and try to figure them out, I'll be glad to be guinea pig and help out.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

unlocklist.add

found that in the BF3 R10 server admin zip file located here : http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/showthrea ... -Changelog

but not much info on that tryped the unlocklist.add on google came up with a load of commands of all the weapons you can unlock or not ofc unranked server only. Can look into gadgets as well if you want.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Please posts links off the adds. I could only find one link and zero discussion on using the command.

The link I found was
http://pastebin.com/Z6dW459m
and that looks like a wishlist. Several weapons are listed multiple times with different spellings.
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

that was the link I found as well, but isn't there Unlocklist.list, gotta strange feeling that EA/DICE decided to put that in so they could expand later
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

This thread sums up my experience with it so far.
http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/showthrea ... ng-unlocks
Zaitsev Jr.

Post by Zaitsev Jr. »

As i am diggin' deeper into this game and it's possibilites ... or options, for that matter ...
I would have to say this ,,,

BF3 without Unlocks is the way to set up a traditional campaign, as known in BF1942 and BF2 for somes ...
Points for kills, some flags ...

IMO, the virtual machines of war/technology available in BF3 does not really support that.
It does support tactical and strategical game play on a per map basis... like drones to gather intel on enemy positions, blind fire weapons etc.

With Unlocks ...
Think of the artillery feature in BF2, available to the commander, only, this time, it's delivered personally :)

What i mean is, the stuff you've seen in the Campaign/Single Player Mode, if you actually did complete it , is what will be available in MPG ... except, it will take a human counterpart to do the A10 gun run, the lasing, the JDAM spots etc.
I am only responsible for what i write,
not what you understand.
C9:ImageC10:ImageC13:Image
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Everyone please make sure to vote on whether you would like unlocks or not here - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16708
j0n3s

Post by j0n3s »

I have diffuculties on deciding. I have no idea how useful the top notch unlock are and what influence they have at the game.

I am rather leaning towards playing with unlocks because of the variety and tactical options they might provide.
AusbilderSchmidt
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by AusbilderSchmidt »

IMO with no Unlocks its better

otherwise the Airforce will be very strong and we dont need it to have more fun
[IMG]https:///images/210831/.jpg[/IMG]
C7:CPL C8:MAJ C9:SFC C10:COL C11:TA C13:SGT
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

I really wish someone would sit down and try to work out the unlock restriction system. All unlocks will cause some aspects of BF3 to be completely broken. No unlocks at all will also leave somethings completely broken.

Either way, there will be problems. Figuring out how to implement unlock restrictions is going to be the only way to balance things. Either by figuring out the restriction options on the server, or be implementing weapon restriction rules but leaving all unlocks enabled in server settings (ie: No FRAG12 ammo allowed, even though the server allows it).
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Sorry Planky but it just simply isn't capable of doing that right now. DICE haven't implemented the commands yet. As soon as they do we'll experiment with the system.

As for the current vote, my personal choice has been swayed by playing today. I'm now voting for no unlocks.
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

WoodenPlank wrote:Either by figuring out the restriction options on the server, or be implementing weapon restriction rules but leaving all unlocks enabled in server settings (ie: No FRAG12 ammo allowed, even though the server allows it).
That is an admin nightmare. TAs can't spend their whole time worrying about whether somebody is using a type of ammunition they shouldn't be.

At the moment it is either all or none. If it's even possible to set individual unlocks and somebody figures out how we can come back to this but until then the choice is binary.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

It really feels like a catch 22 to me - no matter what option wins out, something gets screwed. Maybe with the next patch the balance will be a little better, and all unlocks won't feel so stupid, or they will fix unranked weapon selection.
j0n3s

Post by j0n3s »

After today i am definetely voting for unlocks. There is so much neat stuff missing without.
Ferrit

Post by Ferrit »

Another issue with no unlocks is.

M27-IAR > RPK-74M
M4A1 > AKS-74U
M16 > AK-74M

That is not just my opinion, It's also the opinion of lots of others. (just go read EAUK)

Also have to mention i can not be the only person who hates using iron sights.

edit,

Talking about weapon restrictions, From what i have seen during the battles we have had so far, It is the people that do not have the weapon unlocked yet that seem to abuse it.

Looking at you Mr USAS-12
Yesterday on Grand Bazzar must have been atleast 5 people thrashing it's backside, Once everyone has EVERYTHING unlocked the novelty factor "should" disappear.