Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

.Sup
Executive
Executive

Re: Campaign Unlock Discussion

Post by .Sup »

Chefcook wrote:
Von_Krieg wrote:I think you will see that air is going to be the nightmare with all unlocks. I really wish we would have played an air map last weekend.
As is Air WITHOUT any Unlocks. You cant get the jet down.
In BF2 and BF42 machine gun was the primary gun on jets. Missiles were there for backup. Planes in BF3 are even more noob friendly.
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

Chefcook wrote:
Von_Krieg wrote:I think you will see that air is going to be the nightmare with all unlocks. I really wish we would have played an air map last weekend.
They also do not have the tons of upgrades to kill you as they are actually more worred about getting shot down. A fully unlocked chopper is going to own everything worse then BF2. There is no unlock for the AA so you have as a trooper a low change in bringing them down.
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

Von_Krieg wrote:There is no unlock for the AA so you have as a trooper a low change in bringing them down.
The AA tank gets quite a few unlocks.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

I wasnt talking about air vs air. Ground vs. Air is the big thing.
As Infantry, what do you do about a chopper in the air? NOTHING.
There is no tool, which can hurt that vehicle. Totally takes away the stone, scissor, paper effect from BF3.
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

I don't find it too hard to shoot down a chopper with a tank, done it a gazillion times in BC2. At least choppers will fight choppers and planes will fight planes with no unnecessary rape of infantry troops.
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

Is that really what Battlefield is about?

Inf fight Inf.
Tanks fight Tanks.
Heli Fight Heli.
Jet fight Jet.

I allways thought its the combination of it...
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Since there is an option to turn unlocks off then it must be yeah
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

Well you will see. I have seen it a lot lately that a god chopper pilot on a map will own and nothing can bring them down. You can say take it out with a tank but against a good pilot this will not happen. At least without unlocks they are not that deadly, no infered for a chopper that you cannot hide from and your AA is worthless.
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

I agree, vk. On a public server you are absolutly right.
Stingers only used by 1 (!!) player can never hit. (although patchnote state reload times for flares should be longer)

But 2 Stingers working together can do it. (1 firing, second fire just after flares, combined with SOFLAM even more effective)
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Chefcook wrote:
You don't NEED to get the jet down without unlocks, it's bloody useless!
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

Chefcook wrote:I agree, vk. On a public server you are absolutly right.
Stingers only used by 1 (!!) player can never hit. (although patchnote state reload times for flares should be longer)

But 2 Stingers working together can do it. (1 firing, second fire just after flares, combined with SOFLAM even more effective)
I wish you were right but I have worked with a few people here and against a decent pilot you are not getting them down easy. I also did nothing but try to shoot down the chopper with another guy last night and we wasted 20 min and he may have went down once. I was of no use to capping flags during this time.

Also SOFLAM is limited by range just like locking the AA. We will see but I have seen to many times a good pilot will own with Unlocks. I agree with Styph as well so do not get me wrong.

Oh and once he knows kind of where I was shooting from he would just use his thermal and blast be to hell as he could see me with no problem.
AusbilderSchmidt
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by AusbilderSchmidt »

A good chopper crew with all the Unlocks is unstoppable in BF3, not from Jets and not from a mob. AA...only another good choppercrew can balance this...but for the ground units it will be very demoralize, and it doesent matter if u play public or organized it will be a nightmare...
U know most time i´m a Airguy, specialy i love to fly all the choppers and first what i´m doing allways is to use the mob. AA to see what happens and to know where is the sore point...i have all unlocks in a mob AA and i played most time airmaps in BF 3...believe VK, there is no sore point against fire and forget weapons...ground is only food for a good chopper crew :twisted:

For me is one thing sure: The team with the better chopper crew will dominate all Airmaps if they have all unlocks 8O
[IMG]https:///images/210831/.jpg[/IMG]
C7:CPL C8:MAJ C9:SFC C10:COL C11:TA C13:SGT
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

Past 2 days we have bin working togheter with a few squad members and owned air and armor with Javlins and soflam.

I dont wanna be in a jet or a chopper these days.

With 2 squads we only held Atenna while all other flags where taken and we won the map because thet rushed them selves to death.
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

One day of this means nothing. I also played with you guys yesterday and there was no owning when I was with you. Anyway does not really mater, do what you want.
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

This thread is no longer relvent, we are using unlocks.