Back to Karkand

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Chefcook

Back to Karkand

Post by Chefcook »

The latest "BF3 Multiplayer-Trailer" had some intersting shots of upcoming Battles, but at the end there was even a small sequence of the upcoming DLC "Back to Karkand".

Here is a quick screenshot i took of a famous street BEFORE we start the Round here at GC:

and this is how the very same road looks, AFTER one round is over

So if you havent done it yet:
PREORDER THE GAME! So you get this DLC for free!

Chef
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Re: Back to Karkand

Post by Goggles »

I'm not going to lie... this is most certainly the one thing I've been looking forward to the most with the release of BF3: destroying every darn building I can in that darn town!
Hi!
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

Goggles wrote:I'm not going to lie... this is most certainly the one thing I've been looking forward to the most with the release of BF3: destroying every darn building I can in that darn town!
But but but... how can you glitch into the building behind the first flagzone if it's destroyed!?
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
gribble

Post by gribble »

madcow wrote:
Goggles wrote:I'm not going to lie... this is most certainly the one thing I've been looking forward to the most with the release of BF3: destroying every darn building I can in that darn town!
But but but... how can you glitch into the building behind the first flagzone if it's destroyed!?
under is the new behind
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

I am going to C4 all buildings on the map...
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

gribble wrote:
madcow wrote:
under is the new behind
...that's what she said?
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

I doubt that we can really level all off those buildings.

This might be the maximum damage done on that street.
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Chefcook wrote:I doubt that we can really level all off those buildings.

That would be odd. Most buildings in BC2 could be completely destroyed to the ground.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

.Sup wrote:

That would be odd. Most buildings in BC2 could be completely destroyed to the ground.
BF3 doesn't have the same level of destruction. I think the maps are too big and complex for full building destruction.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

styphon wrote:
.Sup wrote:

BF3 doesn't have the same level of destruction. I think the maps are too big and complex for full building destruction.

Some buildings are still fully destructable, but not all of them. Part of it is to limit the amount of destruction on the larger, more complex levels, and to get rid of the ability to destroy MCOM stations by taking out the building. That was a lot of fun in BC2, though...

I suddenly wish there was an airfield on Karkand, complete with helo and jets, just so I could bomb that city to rubble. :lol:
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Apparently the BtK maps are the same locations, but revisited years later - not direct ports. DiCE is having a contest to name the conquest capture point that used to be Old Fortification on Oman, since it is now the site of some resort villas for tourists.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Metro had a couple glitch areas even after they blocked the underground glitch.

The revive a deadguy half stuck in a building glitch on the last part of Metro did put a guy inside a building, but when I spawned on him, the building blocked outgoing fire from inside, so thats good.

Theres issue with glitching into boulders, which allows shooting out of boulders. It allows outgoing fire and incoming fire so at least they're not invincible.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Ash2Dust wrote:Metro had a couple glitch areas even after they blocked the underground glitch.

The revive a deadguy half stuck in a building glitch on the last part of Metro did put a guy inside a building, but when I spawned on him, the building blocked outgoing fire from inside, so thats good.

Theres issue with glitching into boulders, which allows shooting out of boulders. It allows outgoing fire and incoming fire so at least they're not invincible.
Boulders in the beta didn't block fire either way. I shot plenty of people through them defending A in the first area, simply by spamming Q and shooting under the dorito. Plus, DiCE said during the beta the underground glitch had already been fixed in retail.

I really want to see patch notes for the Day 1 patch.
HumanSpeedbumpAK

Post by HumanSpeedbumpAK »

New video on IGN:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/11/09/ba ... to-karkand

Side by side comparisons of new Karkand and Oman against their BF2 counterparts. Details the "enhanced destruction" mentioned in the earlier trailer and some of the new weapons and vehicles.

Interestingly, the new unlocks ARE NOT earned simply by earning points in the required kit. Instead, Soldiers take on "Assignments" specific missions or challenges to complete during matches in order to acquire these classic BF2 guns.
Sounds fun.

Bump out.

Battlefield 3 Tournament Administrator
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

B2K is out today, and it runs even worse than the main game does. I'm seeing more stuttering, appearing/disappearing players and instant deaths (even on low ping servers) than in the standard BF3 maps. I would imagine this is mainly because of the "enhanced destruction" being so processor driven.