Upcoming Saturday's Plan

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Upcoming Saturday's Plan

Post by Hitman47 »

I think it would be a good idea to give ppl a glimpse of what they can expect in the upcoming campaign, so why don't we make every Saturday from now on a mini battle.

Rules: kill but don't TK :lol:

Execution:
1) Somebody who is server admin has to be there to manage everything. Lock the server with our good ol' password, change maps, etc.
2) I propose the following modes: squad rush, squad deathmatch, team deathmatch. (depending on numbers on TS and player preference)
3) Leaders of squads teams will be picked at the day of, and they will pick their teams/squads according to playground rules.

When: Every Saturday at SBT (Standard Battle Time - 19:00 CET)

To make things easier/faster/simpler, if nobody objects to this then assume we are proceeding as planned and that server admin guy should be on TS at the given time.

This (or a variant of this) will be posted by me in the info and announcements forum on this Friday.

Looking forward to pwning fellow GCers! :twisted:
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Re: Upcoming Saturday's Plan

Post by Von_Krieg »

Great idea though I am not sure we will be doing deathmatch mode so probably better to do rush and conquest mode. They patched the server to fix the lag issue on larger maps so we should really test that.
Ferrit

Post by Ferrit »

k:good:
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

How exactly does a team deathmatch mode work? Basically just kill each other for x tickets with no flags or mcomms to capture, yea? I'd be up for trying this...
Hi!
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

I will miss the first 3 hours as I am working late. I would love to try all modes since we won't be playing them during campaigns.
(posted with my iphone from Italy) :)
HumanSpeedbumpAK

Post by HumanSpeedbumpAK »

Team Deathmatch plays just like CoD. Random spawn points, first team to reach X kills wins.

Battlefield 3 Tournament Administrator
AlbinoKalle69

Post by AlbinoKalle69 »

I'm in. My copy arrived on Wednesday and I can't wait to check it out.
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

sounds good to me
:twisted:
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

is there a way to have some kind of ABC for fun Battles to see how many will show up ?
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

We currently do not have ABC for the new site. It is being worked on though.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

I'm working on ABC but I started a new job this week so my time is limited to working on it on weekends. I'll get it up ASAP.
Thoronath

Post by Thoronath »

Would love to make it but don't think it will happen. Just got electricity back today after losing it about 10 minutes after joining last Saturday, But it looks like it will still be awhile before i get my cable back. :cry:
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

For this Saturday, I'm gonna add some changes (which will improve the experience ofc), like for every Saturday we will play a different mode, and one mode only, all maps. Also, the Field commanders will be the Generals, or one from their HC (depending on availabilty) also the gens will play on same side with their HC members. This will give the sides an opportunity to get a feel for each other, and test different communication methods. Also, the server admins will lock and prep the server 2 hours (it can be done even earlier, this is minimum) before the actual battle, so if there are any hiccups, there's enough time to react.

Will post an announcement on Friday.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
bigdcowboys22
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by bigdcowboys22 »

I'm in. What is the password? PM maybe?
Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.

Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

I won't be able to attend the upcoming Saturday's battle, so I would kindly ask somebody from the TAs who can attend it to organize everything.