.Sup
Executive
Executive

General BF3 chatter

Post by .Sup »

DICE is working on fixing tactical light. Found these on Twitter:
Before

After

Good news for me, they are hurting eyes.
madcow
Executive
Executive

Re: General BF3 chatter

Post by madcow »

They should just remove them altogether.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

madcow wrote:They should just remove them altogether.
They definitely have a purpose, but theyre horribly overpowered right now.

My question is, where is news on the crap that REALLY needs fixing? You know, like the god awful network code, crashes, weapon and vehicle balance issues, making unranked servers work, map balance issues, audio cutting out, video artifacts on Metro.... :roll:
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
speed_demon

Post by speed_demon »

BUT I LOVE LAMP :(
GC BF1942:
5A|2|Pfc|*
6A|M|Capt.
7R|1|Sgt.*

@8-Maj.
GC BF2:
C1: US|SF|Lt.
C2: 3E*PVT
C7: BA*CPL
C8: ]C[Csm
C9: Neutral
HumanSpeedbumpAK

Post by HumanSpeedbumpAK »

Well alot of the balancing changes and stuff can't really be shown with a screenshot. While it would be nice to see/hear something concrete, this change alone is proof that they are at least reading our comments and acting on them. Whether everything that needs fixing gets attended to and when remains to be seen but its a sign of good things to come at the very least.

Battlefield 3 Tournament Administrator
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

http://www.ea.com/servers/battlefield3

If servers for lets say PC platform are down their status will be visible in the above link. I'm sure it will improve over time and hopefully, some kind of info when the servers should be back up, will be posted.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

[MaxPC]Maximum Interview: We Talk Battlefield 3 with a Navy SEAL

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/featur ... _navy_seal

extremely interesting
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

Whatever they do with teh lamp, I will still win! :lol:
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Just watched the live video chat with two of the devs from dice, and they basically ignored almost every single PC question. There was a thread going on the official battlelog forum of people posting hwat questions they were asking. They will not implement in-game VOIP (they said they liked how it was working through battlelog), they said they thought the current net code was fine, but they would continue to improve it (even though people asked specifically about client smoothing, etc), ignored questions about jet fixes, joystick support, etc.

They DID actually address making the game better for competitive play, and that they were looking at it, but they've said that before about other stuff.

All in all, I was left with the feeling that the PC version is the red-headed step child in terms of platforms, and DiCE really doesn't seem to care about the PC community. I'm not pleased.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

WoodenPlank wrote:Just watched the live video chat with two of the devs from dice, and they basically ignored almost every single PC question. There was a thread going on the official battlelog forum of people posting hwat questions they were asking. They will not implement in-game VOIP (they said they liked how it was working through battlelog), they said they thought the current net code was fine, but they would continue to improve it (even though people asked specifically about client smoothing, etc), ignored questions about jet fixes, joystick support, etc.

They DID actually address making the game better for competitive play, and that they were looking at it, but they've said that before about other stuff.

All in all, I was left with the feeling that the PC version is the red-headed step child in terms of platforms, and DiCE really doesn't seem to care about the PC community. I'm not pleased.
I am sorry to say but surely you haven't forgotten that by stepping up to a live interview that the DICE dev's probably had a sheet which told them what area's to talk about and area's to keep secret. I have read other places that in fact they are working on those area's not talked about. It is more likely the questions related to PC where commercial sensitive at the time and such action to talk about said material would probably get them fired.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mnjdl6NMMp4[/youtube]

&
BF3′s Back to Karkand Release Date:
According to the Asia Playstation Store, it looks as though Back to Karkand will be released on the Playstation 3 on December 7th, 2011. We know that the new DLC will be coming a week earlier to the Playstation 3, so that means that we can expect to see the PC / Xbox360 version on December 14th, 2011. With only one more week until PS3 players and 2 weeks till the rest of us get our hands on this DLC, it’s great to see it is just around the corner. In other Back to Karkand news, a video showing off gameplay of Wake Island has been released.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Upcoming Maintenance January 31st

By: zh1nt0 Posted: 2 hours ago 156 comments
There will be some downtime tomorrow during a regular maintenance period at

12:00 AM PST - 3:00 AM PST
03:00 AM EST - 06:00 AM EST
08:00 GMT - 11:00 GMT
09:00 CET - 12:00 CET

This will affect online connectivity on platforms PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.

During this downtime, Battlelog will be updated. More information on this tomorrow.
Zaitsev Jr.

Post by Zaitsev Jr. »

... in case someone else noticed, the behavior of the 3D spots has changed ... :D
I am only responsible for what i write,
not what you understand.
C9:ImageC10:ImageC13:Image