Gentlemen Agreement

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

AlbinoKalle69

Gentlemen Agreement

Post by AlbinoKalle69 »

I just wanted to ask you guys how you feel about this.
I don't mind being pawned by Matty or Robawillis and his hax :P and I don't mind being shot from a rocket launcher from time to time, but it really annoys me if somebody overuses the rpg launcher. I have to admit that I also use it sometimes when I'm out of ammo (after I emptied a whole clip into an enemy who then hides behind a wall) but that happens rarely.
In Bad Company 2 I felt the same about the CG and that is why I mainly joined servers which forbid an overuse of the CG.
Yesterday we were playing on the GC server and on Seine Crossing it was really annoying and thats why I thought about some kind of a Gentlemen's Agreement.
If most of you guys don't agree with me I'll stop whining and unpack my rpg, too :twisted:
madcow
Executive
Executive

Re: Gentlemen Agreement

Post by madcow »

That to me is the worst thing about this game and likewise BC2. I hate it when people use RPGs and SMAWs on infantry maps. If they were only as effective against infantry as they were in BF2 it would be fine.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Thanks for sharing Albino. Personally I don't mind, I counter the problem with same measures. The generals will decide whether to use it on inf maps or not but since we will probably mostly be playing conquest maps you will have to get used to it.
As it stands at the moment there are no restrictions on weapons and how to use them.
Ferrit

Post by Ferrit »

madcow wrote:That to me is the worst thing about this game and likewise BC2. I hate it when people use RPGs and SMAWs on infantry maps. If they were only as effective against infantry as they were in BF2 it would be fine.
This ^^

Worst part is this happened last saturday aswell (i won't name and shame) on Grand Bazaar.
HumanSpeedbumpAK

Post by HumanSpeedbumpAK »

Well, It is my understanding that Friendly Fire will be ON during campaign matches. Don't know how to treat it when we're just pubbin it up, but I always see a whole lot less RPG/SMAW spam when TK's are possible. Same with the Mortar.

Battlefield 3 Tournament Administrator
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

Turn FF on and kick after 5 and all will be fine :).
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

Remember: When you get hit by concrete falling down (which was shot by a rocket), you will still get the message, that you were killed by the Rocket itself.

(or am i wrong on this one?)
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Chefcook wrote:Remember: When you get hit by concrete falling down (which was shot by a rocket), you will still get the message, that you were killed by the Rocket itself.

(or am i wrong on this one?)
Pretty sure it counts as "bad luck", actually.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
nevermiind

Post by nevermiind »

Maybe they should lower the dmg they do on inf. but im not bothered with rpg that much.
I would rather have infrared removed :)
HumanSpeedbumpAK

Post by HumanSpeedbumpAK »

Rubble kills go to the weapon/vehicle that caused the rubble to fall, per testing with the m320.

I can't say for sure that it applies to all guns but if you knock a window down on someone with the m320 it gives you m320 kills. M320 blows ass so its a nice way of making it worth taking, or to earn Smoke 320's faster

Battlefield 3 Tournament Administrator
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

HumanSpeedbumpAK wrote:M320 blows ass so its a nice way of making it worth taking, or to earn Smoke 320's faster
I've been killed by an M320 plenty of times. I also don't know why assaults want to gimp themselves by not having shock paddles but it's their loss I suppose (and their team-mates).

Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Von_Krieg wrote:Turn FF on and kick after 5 and all will be fine :).
FF off does encourage spam on tight bottleneck areas like Metro.

And I think negative score can also be turned on for TK's and damaging teammates.
Grenade spam also falls into the same category for collateral damage to teammates.

In BF2, people had to be proficient at rocket sniper and the receiver could bunny hop. Warlord map was a biggie for that in the palace. The balance between rocket reload time and using a gun instead kept it pretty even from my experience. It all depends on the skill of the user. Just like Leroy's RPK accuracy, that guy always killed with that gun like I never could. In BF3 its alot harder to avoid the splash damage of rockets.
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

Ash2Dust wrote:In BF2, people had to be proficient at rocket sniper and the receiver could bunny hop. Warlord map was a biggie for that in the palace. The balance between rocket reload time and using a gun instead kept it pretty even from my experience.
In BF2 there was almost no splash damage from rocket fire. If a rocket landed on the floor next to you you'd take some damage but it wouldn't kill you without a direct hit. That seems far less realistic than it is in BF3 [& BC2] but it was a much better gameplay decision. Rockets are meant to be anti-tank, they should not also effortlessly annihilate scores of infantry.

An example from last night:
  • I was playing Rush on Grand Bazaar and spawned in as Engineer to repair the tank. After it died I went to the bottleneck at A (second set of MCOMs) and fired one rocket randomly down the corridor towards the MCOM without even seeing any enemies. I got 6 kills.
To my mind rockets completely ruin the infantry aspect of infantry combat and I wish the engineer class was limited on infantry maps or in 'infantry only' mode.

styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

It is extremely annoying and was a huge bugbear of mine in BC2. Having seen it hasn't changed I have given in and gone down the "if you can't beat them, join them" route. A gentlemen's agreement about these would be nice, but how do you enforce such an agreement?
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

madcow wrote:In BF2 there was almost no splash damage from rocket fire. If a rocket landed on the floor next to you you'd take some damage but it wouldn't kill you without a direct hit. That seems far less realistic than it is in BF3 [& BC2] but it was a much better gameplay decision. Rockets are meant to be anti-tank, they should not also effortlessly annihilate scores of infantry.
Most real world rockets use shaped charges, and direct almost all of their blast and damage forward, not to the sides, to make it better for penetrating armor.

Also, I'm pretty sure you give up your health box to take the M320, not paddles.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!