Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Draft Closed & Server Settings

Post by styphon »

Hey guys,

We're just 24 hours away from the draft for Campaign 1. The draft sign-up is now closed to give the generals a 24 hour grace period in which to prepare for the draft. Make sure you join TeamSpeak 30 minutes before SBT tomorrow (17:30 GMT) to listen in to the draft as it happens live!

In other news we have finalised the server settings for this campaign. For C1 the server will run the following settings:
Friendly Fire: On
Regenerate Health: Off
Kill Cam: Off
Mini Map: On
HUD: On
Cross Hair: On
3D Spotting: Off
Name Tags: On
3rd Person Vehicle Cam: On
Vehicles: On
Vehicle Spawn Delay: 100%
Player Respawn Time: 100%
Man Down Time: 100%
Bullet Damage: 100%
Player Health: 80%
Only Squad Leader Spawn: On
Unlocks: On

Get fired up for the first skirmish between General Brummie's Acronym Army and General Sushi's Red Cossacks.

If you missed the draft, don't worry, there's still space for you! Sign up here for a chance of glory!
sushi
Executive
Executive

Re: Draft Closed & Server Settings

Post by sushi »

Just make sure you run the server with the longest idle kick time possible or disable idle kick at all during the battlesession.

why? We will have periods in between rounds where the HQ's and the TA's will sit there discuss rules/strats/ what ever and it would be a pain having to reload.

(Especially because my computer when I stop playing and restart has the annoying feature to crash every 5 Minutes which basically makes it inpossible to leave Bf3 and restart it later)
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

sushi25 wrote:Just make sure you run the server with the longest idle kick time possible or disable idle kick at all during the battlesession.

why? We will have periods in between rounds where the HQ's and the TA's will sit there discuss rules/strats/ what ever and it would be a pain having to reload.

(Especially because my computer when I stop playing and restart has the annoying feature to crash every 5 Minutes which basically makes it inpossible to leave Bf3 and restart it later)
Yea, that was a given. I didn't even think that was worth posting. Kick for idle and TK are both turned off.
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

unlocks?
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Chefcook wrote:unlocks?
They are currently being voted on here - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16708
j0n3s

Post by j0n3s »

3D Spotting: Off
what does it mean if turned off? As far as I know 3d-spotting in bf3 means the spot in the game screen will dissappear when an enemy soldier is in cover and there is no line of sight.

Does that mean that players can only spawn on squad leaders not on flags?
Ferrit

Post by Ferrit »

j0n3s wrote:3D Spotting: Off
what does it mean if turned off? As far as I know 3d-spotting in bf3 means the spot in the game screen will dissappear when an enemy soldier is in cover and there is no line of sight.

No 3d spotting = no Q spamming to alert all other players to enemy location via dorito.
Squad leader only spawn = you can only spawn on the squad leader OR a flag/uncap.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

j0n3s wrote:3D Spotting: Off

3D spotting is the triangle that appears above a players head when they are spotted. With this off when you spot no triangle appears at all. They will only appear on your minimap, just like in BF2.

No, you can still spawn on flags but you can't spawn on everyone in your squad, only the squad leader.
LCourage
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LCourage »

Very nice compromise between hardcore and normal mode. It should greatly enhance battleday.
j0n3s

Post by j0n3s »

jet ground targetting will be tough without 3D tags.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

The campaign is still open to newcomers. The front page post saying closed and no links or buttons to join army may leave the wrong impression.
basher345

Post by basher345 »

Cross-hair on? what is this Soft-core? lol. I'm all fine with it on but I'll must likely have my draw-hud off as the Crosshairs are fairly annoying to me.