Re: Issues from C1

Post by Turningsonic »

3D spotting is a nice tool to spot for snipers ^^
In exchange we cancel the minimap to make not to imba

And Prohibit use of the MAV as an elevator since the patch gos online
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

As stonie stated: Activate 3d Spotting and i think we kill both issues with one little change!

As a Tanker from last campaign, i have had some Javelin poundings, but i still think its a great teamplay weapon.
And we like teamplay, right?
But i like runaways approach on this one: IF (!!) there is need of limiting soflams, then stick to citv stations.

Here is my big issue of c1:

LIMIT Snipers! I never ever ever ever ever had a campaign at GC where i was shot so often from Sniperrifles.
(this includes the sniper-config for usas) I know that there is no official rule on this one, but Squadleaders and
Division Leaders should be aware, that THESE weapons take away the fun on the opposing team.

(and now here comes the bitching about "blabla snipers cant take a flag so they are no issue to deal with") :cry:
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

I agree sniper rifles were a pain - and a little un-GCish towards the end of C1.

And as Chef said soflam/javlin teamwork (while it is a pain when you are the target in a tank) is not too bad when you look at it from a GC-perspective. The idea of only allowing the other spotting tools, like heli unlocks and 3 tankposition might be a solution. My worries are that by limiting one tool we will end up unbalancing another.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Sniper rifles have always been at the discretion of the General. Limiting them in the rules is wrong IMO.

Turning on 3D spotting was briefly discussed amongst the TAs and Execs before this post was made and quickly dismissed as an idea. Although it would solve this problem, making SOFLAMs easier to spot, it would bring back people shooting at doritos, and we think that having doritos in game is an even worse problem than SOFLAMS.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Sniper rifles ->General .... but than why are we even talking about soflams, MAVs, javlins and stuff? Let that be at the discretion of the Generals also, they have to deal with the consequences.
Zaitsev Jr.

Post by Zaitsev Jr. »

styphon wrote: Turning on 3D spotting was briefly discussed amongst the TAs and Execs before this post was made and quickly dismissed as an idea. Although it would solve this problem, making SOFLAMs easier to spot, it would bring back people shooting at doritos, and we think that having doritos in game is an even worse problem than SOFLAMS.
What if ... they never left ?
I am only responsible for what i write,
not what you understand.
C9:ImageC10:ImageC13:Image
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

sushi25 wrote:Sniper rifles ->General .... but than why are we even talking about soflams, MAVs, javlins and stuff? Let that be at the discretion of the Generals also, they have to deal with the consequences.
Because the banning of a weapon is beyond the purview of a General, but an issue for the whole community. Chef is talking about limiting Sniper rifles, that's down to an individual General as to how many snipers he allows.

If a ban on a specific weapon/piece of equipment is put in place though then it is the TAs who enforce that, not the Generals.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Just leave it as it is. There were no major issues last campaign but if something is altered we might have some.

People were complaining about bunnyhopping and whatnot in 42/BF2 and my response was always: deal with it, its part of the game until DICE changes it. And most was then changed upon moaning of the community who were unable to "deal with it".
So deal with it or wait until its patched.

There will always be something that won't be liked by someone. Enable or disable something- its the same, just different individuals complain.

But disabling something that was put in the game to be used (no matter how) and you loose and excuse whereas if it stays enabled then you can just say its part of the game and was put there for a reason.
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Honestly, I had more problems in the helo with the CITV station than with SOFLAM. It seemed like most of the laser locks I got were from enemy armor. I did notice a couple instances of SOFLAMs being stuck in rocks, making it near impossible to destroy them. I'd love to see things chanced so that javelins and guided shells are not usable against aircraft(or at least much less effective), but that would have to come from DiCE.

MAV use as an elevator should absolutely be prohibited... on non-air maps. On air maps (even if there is just a helo) it doesn't really matter, since you can bail out of the helicopter to get on something anyway, and there is some form of airborne counter. On ground-only maps, it becomes broken. No 3D spotting can make it difficult to locate the roof wookiees, especially if they have some kind of overhead cover to protect their spawn beacon from mortars. I keep hearing people say that the MAV issue will be resolved in the next patch, but I have not seen any official confirmation of that from anyone at DiCE.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
j0n3s

Post by j0n3s »

styphon wrote: 1) Do you think SOFLAM/Javelin use was enough of an issue last campaign to warrant a rule change?
2) If yes, which solution do you think would best serve the community? Prohibit SOFLAM or Prohibit Javelin?
3) Do you have another workable solution to this issue?
SOFLAM/Jav was primarily annoying for helos. Cannot really judge what to do here. It is a cool teamwork combo, though. We should not remove it completely.

styphon wrote: 1) Do you think using the MAV as an elevator was enough of an issue last campaign to warrant a rule change?
2) If yes, which of the above solutions do you think would best serve the community?
3) Do you have another workable solution to this issue?
This is a glitch and not intended by Dice. Please, prohibit it until it is patched.

And, please: enable 3D-Spotting, this also helps with balancing the SOFLAM
Zerdius

Post by Zerdius »

IMO we need to prohibit soflams, there is a weird sound bug where u dont get the lock on sound and just suddenly get hit by a javelin, it happened at least 2 times every battleday. Just try to fly a Chopper against some Soflams/Javelins and you will know what I mean. Even a ECM Jammer cant save you there
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Zerdius wrote:IMO we need to prohibit soflams, there is a weird sound bug where u dont get the lock on sound and just suddenly get hit by a javelin, it happened at least 2 times every battleday. Just try to fly a Chopper against some Soflams/Javelins and you will know what I mean. Even a ECM Jammer cant save you there
The ECM only jams the SOFLAM itself. If the Javelin is already in flight, ECM is not going to save you.

Unfortunately, I feel like trying to prohibit the SOFLAM in GC is not going to end well. It's a big teamplay element that GC can use, but it has it's own issues induced by programming. Making the SOFLAM only work when someone is actively using it, making it unable to target air, reducing it's effective range or viewing arc, or even simply making the laser more visible would all go a long way to fixing the problems with the SOFLAM. However, all of these things have to be changed by patch, and can't be chanced by GC without mod tools.
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

WoodenPlank wrote:...or even simply making the laser more visible would all go a long way to fixing the problems with the SOFLAM. ...
Thats done by activating 3d spotting.

And YES: I like shooting at doritos.
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Chefcook wrote:
WoodenPlank wrote:...or even simply making the laser more visible would all go a long way to fixing the problems with the SOFLAM. ...
Thats done by activating 3d spotting.

And YES: I like shooting at doritos.
I don't mind shooting doritos, as it requires someone else to spot them for you - teamwork.

Between the jacked up hitbox/health of the SOFLAM, and the difficulty in seeing them, it becomes a real PITA for air. Even more so when the SOFLAM is high up, and the fact that SOFLAM lock persists for 2 seconds even after LOS is broken.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

If we enable 3D spotting it wont be long before people start complaining about how overpowered choppers are. They will start raping as all they have to do is shoot at the doritos popping up on their screen, instead of actually having to spot the troops below them.

3D spotting isn't the answer and would be a mistake for GC.