Issues from C1

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Issues from C1

Post by styphon »

Hey guys, the TAs, Execs and C2 Generals have been discussing some issues that were raised from Campaign 1. There has been heavy debate on this and we wish to open the discussion to everyone.

One of the common complaints was the constant locking of SOFLAM and the coresponding use of the Javelin. To address this the TAs are considering prohibiting the use of either SOFLAM or Javelin in the next campaign, but they'd like your input.

1) Do you think SOFLAM/Javelin use was enough of an issue last campaign to warrant a rule change?
2) If yes, which solution do you think would best serve the community? Prohibit SOFLAM or Prohibit Javelin?
3) Do you have another workable solution to this issue?

Another common complaint from last campaign is the use of the MAV, espeicially to reach parts of the map that would otherwise be inaccessible. The proposed solutions are: Prohibit MAV, Prohibit occupying areas of the map that can not be accessed on foot, Prohibit use of the MAV as an elevator. These solutions are listed in order of challenge to enforce.

1) Do you think using the MAV as an elevator was enough of an issue last campaign to warrant a rule change?
2) If yes, which of the above solutions do you think would best serve the community?
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Re: Issues from C1

Post by .Sup »

Was told today that MAV issue will be addressed in the next patch in the way that you won't be able to stand on top of it anymore
a432

Post by a432 »

1) Do you think SOFLAM/Javelin use was enough of an issue last campaign to warrant a rule change?
2) If yes, which solution do you think would best serve the community? Prohibit SOFLAM or Prohibit Javelin?

1) Well as a jet pilot I feel they are a big enough issue to warrant a rule change. I think chopper pilots hate it more.
2) Actually I wouldn't prohibit either, I suggest only allowing 1 soflam and 1 javelin on a team, period.
3) This allows the use of the ability without it having the potential of being too overpowered or abused. Enforcement could be a bit more difficult than strictly prohibiting the item though.

However if you are looking to strictly prohibit an item, my vote is the SOFLAM.
1) Do you think using the MAV as an elevator was enough of an issue last campaign to warrant a rule change?
2) If yes, which of the above solutions do you think would best serve the community?
1) Yes, I do
2) Prohibit the use of the MAV as an elevator period.
3) Until the patch comes out (when is that suppose to be?) I suggest we enforce our own rule to prohibit the use of the MAV as an elevator.

However if you are looking to strictly prohibit an item, my vote is to prohibit the MAV from use at all.
Stonie
Executive
Executive

Post by Stonie »

Less restrictions, is less problems.

1 Javlin and 1 solfam???
And you are only allowed to shoot at infantry
This is too hard to police, and besides that 1 Javlin wont take down a tank.

If anything should change, is enable 3d spotting, so the soflam is easier to spot. Therefor easier to destroy.

MAV elevator is also a tricky one. But I wouldnot to be concerned about it.
On most maps you can get on high positions by parachute.
Squads stuck in high positions cant take any flags.

Glitching, by any means, is forbidden a long time ago. :!:

I think the real problem in C1 was the +4 rule, which is already adjusted.
Zaitsev Jr.

Post by Zaitsev Jr. »

styphon wrote: 1) Do you think SOFLAM/Javelin use was enough of an issue last campaign to warrant a rule change?
No.

While it did prove to be a challenge, that can be adressed by adapting strategies and tactics, as well as training,
it is a new feature, that i am looking forward to seeing developed in its use on both ends of the weapon.
styphon wrote: 1) Do you think using the MAV as an elevator was enough of an issue last campaign to warrant a rule change?
No.

As it is getting adressed via patch, i recommend to not bother with regulating this.
Also, as this is not preventing the player using it from being visible or getting hit, it is more of an issue of being aware, that snipers, and with that of course full squads, may be located at camouflaged positions not commonly expected or accessible.
Stonie wrote: If anything should change, is enable 3d spotting, so the soflam is easier to spot. Therefor easier to destroy.
Yes.

While it is also a new feature, and i mean this compared to BF2, 3D spotting has a considerable impact on the life cycle of weapons like SOFLAM/JAVELIN combo or "MAV elevator lift boys" being spotted on a roof.
It is a way of communicating, where the enemy is, to the team. Battlefield3 style.
Disabling it, pushes an advantage to any player without limitations on his visual, e.g Pilots, Tank Drivers and MAV scans.

Question:
How many ways are there to interpret Fair Play ?

As Stonie put out in Campaign 1, it's friends playing against friends, or at least it should be.
It's a game, nothing at stake but fun and ego, unless someone figured out a way to
claim his Battlelog High Score against food stamps, traveler's checks or a free night in Vegas.
PM me if you figured that one out ;)
Last edited by Zaitsev Jr. on Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:44 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I am only responsible for what i write,
not what you understand.
C9:ImageC10:ImageC13:Image
AusbilderSchmidt
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by AusbilderSchmidt »

In principle i´m with Stonie, to much rules will be TA´s work very hard and both armyside will more scold during a battleday about each other... 8O :cry:
Less rules are better and both side have same options...
About Soflam and Javelin...yes i dont like it from pilotview...but its a ok...remember the BF2 times where one Helocrew dominated a Campaign...

In C1 i saw some things on the field that i dont like, but thats not for public talk to highjack this threat...
What about Punkbuster or GGC Stream??? Possible to use?? Im not up to date about serversettings... :mrgreen:
[IMG]https:///images/210831/.jpg[/IMG]
C7:CPL C8:MAJ C9:SFC C10:COL C11:TA C13:SGT
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

I agree with what has been said so far by Zaitsev, Stonie and Ausbilder, no use in repeating it.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
KenBF3
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KenBF3 »

1) NO
2) NA
3) The game was made so this could be used - it is a viable option and should not be prohibited

1) Yes
2) Prohibit use
3) It is my opinion that this is a glitch in the game and as such should not be allowed. If they would have wanted it to be used by all it would have been openly explained.
a432

Post by a432 »

1 Javlin and 1 solfam???
And you are only allowed to shoot at infantry
Well there are RPGs and Stingers to deal with ground and air respectively...
If anything should change, is enable 3d spotting
I agree with this 100%, give me my 3d spotting!
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Please no 3d spotting. It makes camping with vehicles 100x easier.
XrunawayX
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by XrunawayX »

SOFLAM/Jav Issue
I am not necessarily in favor of a rule change, however if a rule change is to be made I would vote for prohibiting the use of SOFLAM all together (as opposed to limiting the number to one). Javelins should still be allowed because they can lock onto ground targets, and laser painting can still be accomplished via the CITV station in the tanks. The battle can be played much the same as C1, but without a SOFLAM on the highest mountain/roof/crane pointing down at everything at once.

MAV Issue
As others have said, if the patch corrects this, then it's a non-issue. If the patch isn't released before C2 starts, then simply say "no MAV riding." If there is no patch and no rule change, a MAV riding rooftop squad is fairly easy to suppress with a few well placed mortars anyway.
XrunawayX
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by XrunawayX »

Jet Drops
I haven't been in GC prior to BF3, and I'm pretty sure that this has been discussed in the past, but I would like to state that I think Jet Drops are lame. I think SL insertion should be limited only to vehicles designed for transport (choppers, jeeps, boats, IFVs, even a tank/APC if the gunner wanted to jump out), but not jets.

Just my 2 cents!
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

XrunawayX wrote:Jet Drops
I haven't been in GC prior to BF3, and I'm pretty sure that this has been discussed in the past, but I would like to state that I think Jet Drops are lame. I think SL insertion should be limited only to vehicles designed for transport (choppers, jeeps, boats, IFVs, even a tank/APC if the gunner wanted to jump out), but not jets.

Just my 2 cents!
Its been always played like that. Since 42. It adds another tactical approach.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

I am with sup. on this
Total_focus_haz

Post by Total_focus_haz »

As an armour guy I feel the most pain from soflam and javelins but then I use them like they should be on big maps.. To me stay as they are my only issue in c1 was using the MAV to get on roofs that don't has stair or ladder access.. As known apparently it is to be fixed shortly by not being able to stand on it but maybe just disallow that selection of the sniper kit but otherwise everything else is good and made c1 a good campaign..