About Campaign Map

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

AirborneTR

About Campaign Map

Post by AirborneTR »

Couldn't you find any other name for eastern part of Turkey? I mean it is somewhat offensive to me. You could've done something similar to what you did with Iran (Tabriz, Tehran, Israhan) and Saudi Arabia (Mecca, Medina). Like Istanbul-Ankara or some other city. Why are you trying to put a political stir in this game?
Image | Image | Image | Image | Image
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Re: About Campaign Map

Post by .Sup »

We will change the name of the tile on which Karkand is placed. Any name suggestions Airborne?
Goggles
Executive
Executive

Post by Goggles »

Hey Airborne! I wasn't part of the making of the map tiles, but I feel confident in saying that the creation of the campaign map and its tile names was with all good intentions. We're sorry if any offense was given, it was surely not intended!

Many of us are far removed from political situations occurring in other regions of the world, and when attempting to identify locations on our game board simply sometimes "brain-fart" over the possible implications of a chosen name. We're only human, eh? :P

Since this has been identified as an offensive name, it will be replaced with something different as soon as one of our map volunteers can get to it. Thanks for bringing it to our attention! We're always looking to make the GC experience as enjoyable as possible to as many people as possible :-)
Hi!
AirborneTR

Post by AirborneTR »

Well, thanks for willing to change it. If you're trying to find cities suitable to the maps then I'd suggest western part to be Ankara (Op. Firestrom) and eastern part might as well be my home city Erzincan (Strike at Karkand).

And I'll just leave this here :P

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzLtF_PxbYw[/youtube]
Zaitsev Jr.

Post by Zaitsev Jr. »

AirborneTR wrote:Couldn't you find any other name for eastern part of Turkey? I mean it is somewhat offensive to me.
Why are you trying to put a political stir in this game?
... maybe i am offended by you, accusing GC to put a political stir in this game ...
Let's see here, Dice made it Russia against USA ... k:%)

... i figure that Karkand is in Pakistan ?

Maybe the borders are in people's head only, and you are the one making this political ? k:oops:

So here is my suggestion ...
Let's call it Disneyland !
Last edited by Zaitsev Jr. on Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am only responsible for what i write,
not what you understand.
C9:ImageC10:ImageC13:Image
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

If anything is offending let us know and we will gladly change it. But please, next time do it via PM.
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

Lets not make light of this issue, nearly 100 Turkish soldiers were killed by Kurdish militants operating in that region in the past month alone.

While the Kurdish people have suffered genocide at the hands of Saddam and systematic persecution by other forces in the area, these militant groups are currently classified as terrorist organizations by most of the "western" world.

Lets just change the name and move on. I'm 100% sure that no one at GC is attempting to make a political statement about this real world conflict.
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

The map has now been updated. You may need to press CTRL+F5 to clear any cached version of the map stored locally.
Total_focus_haz

Post by Total_focus_haz »

Cheers Styphon
AirborneTR

Post by AirborneTR »

Zaitsev Jr. wrote:
AirborneTR wrote:Couldn't you find any other name for eastern part of Turkey? I mean it is somewhat offensive to me.
Why are you trying to put a political stir in this game?
... maybe i am offended by you, accusing GC to put a political stir in this game ...
Let's see here, Dice made it Russia against USA ... k:%)

... i figure that Karkand is in Pakistan ?

Maybe the borders are in people's head only, and you are the one making this political ? k:oops:

So here is my suggestion ...
Let's call it Disneyland !
I wouldn't mind if Turkey was altogether replaced by, say.., Russia, it'd really be a hypotetical situation. But as Shrapnel mentioned it is an ongoing conflict in this area and a sensitive issue. And sorry I wasn't trying to accuse anyone, I was merely pointing out that map is making a political stance as it is and I feel like there is no need for that and that I'm offended by it.

And thanks for changing it.
Zaitsev Jr.

Post by Zaitsev Jr. »

I am only responsible for what i write,
not what you understand.
C9:ImageC10:ImageC13:Image