NA server #2 pub play Feedback

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Chefcook

Re: NA server #2 pub play Feedback

Post by Chefcook »

Yesterday, while pubbing on Na #2 with approximatly 50 Peeps on, it was really near unplayable at times.

Shots i did Client side didnt made it through to server side (it seemed).
Knife Actions did not connect. (because the position of the player on my screen was different the his real position).

But if this server will be used for Battledays i still play... ;)
(I would still play on a moon-server)
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Chef, can you play a few rounds on this Chicago server and compare it to our NY server?

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/#! ... -3-PBBans/
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

Will do in the evening....
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
fittyman

Post by fittyman »

It would seem that I have no problems other then when I shot someone, I would pump 5 bullets more than I needed to kill him. So I would shoot someone, and if I stopped they would drop dead 1 second later. Made for some real funny moments where I ask "How the crap did you live?" Only to see him drop dead with me getting the kill.

These things don't bother me though. Wasting a few extra bullets is fine. I'll go hound a support class until he drops ammo.
FlashofSilver

Post by FlashofSilver »

Playing on the NA2 server during the battleday, it was horrible. The ping isn't great, but I was okay with that as it is in NA after all. But every ten minutes or so, I'd spend thirty seconds staring at the orange disconnect symbol waiting for the connection to pick itself back up again.
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

I agree with FlashOfSilver. Before the server crashed, it was almost entirely unplayable.

This inspired me to take a look around and see what companies are available. I noticed that the NA servers all seem to be from Multiplay, which I've heard rumors is pretty crappy (just random people complaining about them, nothing solid). Unfortunately, just about every single server provider out there gets terrible reviews for customer service... so... yeah.

FWIW:

GameServers:
http://www.gameservers.com/
Largest provider (I think). General complaints about customer service, nothing really specific.

http://www.artofwarcentral.com/
Got REALLY bad reviews (sample)

http://www.wolfservers.com/
Not much out there, but again, random horror stories.

And of course multiplay, which is already in use.

It might be worth trying out GamerServers, if only because they're so large. They don't offer a way to buy an upgraded server, which is a little disconcerting, since it might mean they're running multiple servers on a virtual machine or something instead of on a dedicated box.
ImageImageImage
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Keep the feedback and ideas coming. Good news is the NA VA server no longer exists.

Another factor of the horror stories depends on the Data center. Multiplay isnt the greatest in customer service, but I had completely dismissed UK as playable because it always felt like our NA server... until they got their new data center in London. Germany usually gave me better results. I enjoy playing on a EU based server alot more now.

On the other hand, we've had miserable luck and I could easily write a horror story for each NA server move. Each data center is different tho it may be the same company. And different companies use different data centers. NFOserver is even willing to tell you what hardware you are on rather than mysterious hardware with others.

As of now, we have the NA#2 server in NY with NFOservers that we used as a practice server now set to be the NA battle server. John at NFO is aware of our displeasure with east coast servers. He asks for feedback on the server during the battle.
For everyone that wants to help, run this while the server is having issues and submit results in this thread.
Download WinMTR - http://www.fileplay.net/file/12395/winmtr-v09
- Unzip the file and run the WinMTR.exe file inside it
- Set the host as your server's IP address (no port) and hit 'Start'
- Continue to play with this running the in background for at least 20 minutes
- When you have finished, stop the trace and export the results to TEXT
On the Multiplay NA front, that started in NY, the VA server that should have been put down with a bullet, its been relocated to Chicago. I'd like to see part of the battleday played on it while loaded 64/64. If this server also lags, use WinMTR on it also. The reason is, our contract expires mid March and we wont renew it if it cant meet our needs. But we need more data on this NA beast that we are wrestling. Cant believe all of us need to blame our ISPs while the EU behaves decently, but maybe we can see a pattern.

IP addresses for NA servers so you can ping trace.

NFOserver NY: 74.91.116.142
Multiplay Chicago: 199.21.112.122
LCourage
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LCourage »

Goggles wrote:Let's try a server in Dallas.
I concur!
Tunnel Snakes rule!
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Find a server anywhere that doesnt lag for you when constantly filled 64/64 people and normally has a queue. Post its name here. We can dump some members on it and see how it goes for GC.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Currently, Multiplay (old VA server) has been moved to a new data center in Chicago.

This Saturday will be played on NFOserver in NY.

Both Multiplay Chicago and NFO server subscriptions are done in March. MP Chicago will be dumped. NFO servers depends on its performance these next last couple weeks.

At approx $90 a month for each server, the search for the best NA server will continue. We've bounced between cheap and expensive and ended up with 2 NA subscriptions this month. On-going project.

Post servers that you play on with full 64 players. EU server currently has been best performer so that will be a definite well spent monthly expense until better is found.
fittyman

Post by fittyman »

Playing on the NA2 server today (Yesterday I guess) seemed really good. Although, in the training sessions before hand, there were a few times where enemies would randomly appear in front of me because they were not drawn until well after they were" there". Made for some spooky deaths. I also had problems with the maps in general being drawn and at one point nothing was drawn at all, except rocks and grass. No ground, just grass and rocks. Although, this seemed to be when standing in a certain area on Kharg island. Still, no lag in deaths, or kills, so I'll work with it.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Drawing issues would make me think you have one of the graphics setting to high for the amount of memory you have on your video card. Could also be that maybe theres a memory leak and a reboot is in order.

The server doesnt send generic world information that I know of.
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Just played a full round of 64-player Firestorm on this server: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/se ... t-Respawn/

No lag at all. Not sure where it is geographically or who's hosting it.
ImageImageImage
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

http://www.infosniper.net/index.php?ip_ ... om_level=7

Gameservers.com
Chicago.

Good start, we will have to join that server a few times to see.
Anyone have an east coast server they like 64/64?
fittyman

Post by fittyman »

Played two rounds here, Conquest large, at Sharqi and Grand Bazaar. Really really, good server. Which I find strange. The ping to this server for me, is 70. Where as with the NA server Chicago it's 28, but I get great results on the other server. How do?