NA server #2 pub play Feedback

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

NA server #2 pub play Feedback

Post by Ash2Dust »

Please post your experience of how the NA#2 server was running for you today.

If you have better lag experiences elsewhere, please post also what server is usually good for you when its full 64/64.
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: NA server #2 pub play Feedback

Post by Shrapnel »

No lag, no issues.
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

ok for me today
LCourage
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LCourage »

Played on the NA #2 tonight for about an hour. There was some lag and one or two instances of rubber banding (during the whole hour or so).

Overall it was bearable but definitely not as smooth as most other 64 player servers I frequent.
Tunnel Snakes rule!
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

We need to get to the bottom of this. We now have 2 NA servers from 2 different server providers that don't seem to be up to the spec. we require. So what is the answer? Whats going on here? Why is it that the EU server is stable and consistent and seems to provide consistent playability for NA players but NA servers can't provide the same? It doesn't make sense. Surely someone can fill us in.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

I didnt get any rubberbanding for almost the entire day.

But we had a good fun 5 minutes of everyone shooting each other on Karkand and not registering a singe hit, but people could do a rear knife. Everyone started calling everyone else a hacker.
bitesizebeef

Post by bitesizebeef »

I was on the server for nearly 12 hours give or take small breaks and I never had any issues no lag no rubberbanding, minus the 5 minutes ash talked about. even on metro which is usually unplayable for me i did fine
Evil_Jocey
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Evil_Jocey »

I think the server was doing okay, too... if it would not have been for this damn cheater "bitesizebeef" - he really ruined the game for nearly 12 hours!
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

He got some Stingers with his name on it, sticking in his back now... ;)
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
evilfurryone

Post by evilfurryone »

Euro here, had serious issues of rubber banding. Having few targets in front of me rubberbanding here and there. Main issue was not getting a smooth feedback from my actions. Driving a jeep, deciding to jump out only to discover the jeep was blown up few moments earlier and I was watching jeep wreck (missing the explosion part). Getting the delayed response to shooting someone (not sure if you need to keep shooting or the target died a second/two earlier)
Snow1Wolf

Post by Snow1Wolf »

Played from Texas, it is ok, but not the best.
For CAFFEINE!!!!!
dad0ughb0y

Post by dad0ughb0y »

I'm local to the NA server, had 21 ping while I was on and hitboxes were terrible for me. While it isn't my first choice to play a 'quickscoping sniper', I wanted to test out the NA server to see how it felt.

I'd like to think that I've gotten 'ok' with a sniper rifle when in a run/gun situation. I can count the times on one hand that I felt like things were being accurate on the NA server. I only had a few instances where I actually felt like I was running in sand, but I had plenty of experiences where I glitched around a bit. I'm not sure what was going on, but I even had beef snipe me from 250M with an AN-94 and I didn't register a hit while hard-scoped.

I'm sure that those who used auto/burst weapons found it less noticiable due to the higher number of bullets potentially contacting the hitbox, but I wasn't impressed. It is strange that when I'm at 100+ ping on the EU server, I have less issues than I have on the NA server that is in my back yard. Now, this has only been the last week... so I don't know what could be going on behind the scenes.
-Dough
LCourage
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LCourage »

Snow1Wolf wrote:Played from Texas, it is ok, but not the best.
I hail from Texas as well and had a similar experience.

Parallel to what dadoughboy said, it wasn't obvious noticeable lag (except for minor rubber banding). It was an almost consistent problem with the hit box. It felt more sketchy than usual; and I didn't even have wife aggro while playing (which I do for more battle days).

Brummie, I feel your frustration. I hope we can get a decent provider set up and running smoothly. I know it's not just a NA thing. I frequent NA servers when not playing GC and hardly notice any lag issues.

Dallas based servers seem to always be solid for me. Although it might be not so for anyone across the pond.
Tunnel Snakes rule!
Total_focus_haz

Post by Total_focus_haz »

Played on it for a few hours and got to odd slingshot round the map but that was on caspian border and always is like that at times on a NA server for me being UK based.

Definately runs better than the current NA server for me and I play that alot during the week.
FlaminWalrus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by FlaminWalrus »

Quick explanation. I have a most terrible internet connection ever. Maybe due to having 600 people living in my basement... but that is not confirmed. I vote for NA 2 server - much better ping for me from european side of things. When i played in campaign i only played on NA server and i lagged horribly, (my PC doing its part with terrible frame rates and a dude coding AMD drivers having only 1 hand and no eyesight). It was at most of the times unplayable making me feel horribly useless at some points. \\I could not even properly laser tag them targets in the air. On the other hand NA 2 server i managed even to kill someone... well it was a kill assist (14) but i count it as my kill.

If you require any further assistance do not hesitate to contact me directly.

TP