GC Youtube channel?

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

.Sup
Executive
Executive

Re: GC Youtube channel?

Post by .Sup »

Quality is what I am looking for. Is there anything better than YouTube for our purposes?
marvk
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by marvk »

You can upload full quality 1080p to Youtube, its all about upload speed and the power of your rig while recording.
BF3C2: HiT 1st Lieutenant of the Airforce
BF3C3: DARK 1st Lieutenant of the Airforce
BF3C4: STAR Private First Class of the Airforce
SQRush Tournament #1: Winner
SQRush Tournament #2: Winner
SQRush Tournament #3: Semi Finals
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

I've seen unbelievable quality videos on Vimeo. It's really designed for HD videos and they look great there.

Here's an example: http://vimeo.com/31426899

It also gives you tons of room to give background on the video, in this case explaining what GC is. Unlike Youtube where you get a tiny little box.

Youtube gets more exposure, but honestly we already have plenty of new recruits! Let's use a platform that really shows off quality :)
CanShield

Post by CanShield »

I will begin a dry run with Fraps first, and then Bandicam second. With the bug I'm fighting off I think either tomorrow, or maybe Friday I may have a test video up as well.

I'll be recording at 60fps 1080p, but might lower it to 720p to help lower bandwidth demand.

Current specs on my system are as follows.
CPU: I7 2600k @ 3.40GHz
Ram: Dualband DDR3 8 GB 1333MHZ
HDD:Hybrid 2 TB Raid
GPU: Geforce GTX 590 3 GB
Last edited by CanShield on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zimmin

Post by Zimmin »

Test Video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcoWphdumSU[/youtube]
BRUMMIE
Senator
Senator

Post by BRUMMIE »

Cheesy wrote:I've seen unbelievable quality videos on Vimeo. It's really designed for HD videos and they look great there.

Here's an example: http://vimeo.com/31426899

It also gives you tons of room to give background on the video, in this case explaining what GC is. Unlike Youtube where you get a tiny little box.

Youtube gets more exposure, but honestly we already have plenty of new recruits! Let's use a platform that really shows off quality :)
How much influence or control would we get over the Ad's that would be aired on anyr Vimeo presentations? My experience has been that the quality is superior to youtube but the ad's are more like TV and you can't skip 'em. Price you pay?
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Nice video Zimmin!

One more important question; do any of these services allow multiple members logging in and uploading their videos but at the same time allowing someone to have exclusive control over the account to prevent any abuse or unauthorized deletion of videos?
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

.Sup wrote:One more important question; do any of these services allow multiple members logging in and uploading their videos but at the same time allowing someone to have exclusive control over the account to prevent any abuse or unauthorized deletion of videos?
I believe Procaster(I'll have to double check the name once I get home) has this ability. People can maybe delete their own videos, but they can't delete others from the "managing" account. It's a service I've been involved with before, but all I did was stream a match or two, someone else was in control of the managing account, and I never played with the settings at all.
marvk
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by marvk »

Gwynzer wrote:I believe Procaster(I'll have to double check the name once I get home) has this ability. [...]
Thats the livestream.com thing. I tried twitch.tv today and it seems to work quite nice. Used Flash Media Encoder and dxtory, but i guess you can use fraps as well. I'd like to have someone watching the stream and telling me about lag and quality tho.

edit: This is a 398Kbps (Audio+Video) stream i just made. Had some lags ingame, i guess my connection is just too weak :\
BF3C2: HiT 1st Lieutenant of the Airforce
BF3C3: DARK 1st Lieutenant of the Airforce
BF3C4: STAR Private First Class of the Airforce
SQRush Tournament #1: Winner
SQRush Tournament #2: Winner
SQRush Tournament #3: Semi Finals
Snow1Wolf

Post by Snow1Wolf »

AMD FX 8 core processor black edition
Gigabyte 990fxa-uda motherboard
Patriot division 2 viper extreme 8th ram
radeon hd 6950

The rest of of my spez are all kind of terrible, especially my hard drive which is really terribly small with terrible (I don't remember what the processing time is call off the top of my head). I have a 4GB ram though...

After reading the The Ultimate Fraps Guide, I think I understand the reason for the size of the files is because I never went back and compress it. I have actually never done compressing of movie files before so I have no idea how to do that either.

And I have another problem while using FRAPS that I don't see mentioning of in the guide. My recording are all chopped up to about 30 seconds long, with few that goes longer than that, is there some reason for that? I mean I do Alt-Tab out from time to time, but I don't think I do it once every 30 seconds.
For CAFFEINE!!!!!
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

The problem with Vimeo is that they allow just one HD video per week, the others will be SD.
BLYFACTOR

Post by BLYFACTOR »

.Sup wrote:Would anyone be interested in recording during battledays? If there is enough of you interested we will create our own channel. The video would need to be uploaded somewhere where I can download it and re-upload it to Youtube.
I know there are a couple of you who like to make videos and we would have all GC related videos in one place. In the video description I would mention the author and give you credits and also link to your Youtube channel.
Will it be creative commons user license????
GC Battledays (7)
Check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BLYFACTOR?feature=mhee
Epic 64 man Fun Stuff Sign Up hereviewtopic.php?f=2&t=17693&p=189318#p189318
FenixJr

Post by FenixJr »

I haven't really done it before, but i just ran fraps while hopping on an empty server, and my game pretty much ran fine while recording. And the video came out really clean as well.

I'd definitely be willing to capture footage.

When capturing the footage @30fps full size, i run about 4GB per 1:30, just making sure that matches everyone else and there aren't any other optimization options. I don't necessarily have a problem with saving that, but i probably couldnt maintain more than 1 battleday worth of raw footage at any given time, i feel like that would be pushing upwards of .5-1TB
Zimmin

Post by Zimmin »

I do have the battles that I was involved in but the audio is just me talking for a little bit to my squad. I was kind of thinking of making a battle report, which would be the highlights of the footage that I gathered myself. Or I could up load the whole battle with music or something.
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

Suggestion:

1) Everybody that can record without it affecting their gameplay significantly should record.
2) We are looking for 6-7 min of raw gameplay (you record all and chose which you think are the best 7 mins that show best what GC is about, not you getting "mad" kills with "mad" skills). Minimum to none editing. It has to be continuous (no jumping from scene to scene).
3) After each battle post them here, all will be added to the GC youtube channel, best ones will be used for recruiting purposes.

We are aiming to achieve this quality and quantity:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52ddcunoG6o[/youtube]

If you are up to do that for the following battle, post here saying so. Thank you.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General