Calling all PHP Programmers

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Calling all PHP Programmers

Post by styphon »

Hey guys, with all the new sign ups we've had the lack of ABC has been more apparent than ever. GC is calling for volunteers who can program in PHP to help build the next version of ABC. If we get enough volunteers we'll set up GitHub and then everyone can chip in as and when they can. We'll get a forum going where we can discuss everything and ask for help where needed.

Please post below if you have the skills and time to donate to this project.
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Re: Calling all PHP Programmers

Post by Cheesy »

I'll help!
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Because of the lack of interest I'm not going to set anything up on Github. I have a semi-working state at the moment so will get the core code working and then upload it to the staging forum.
Chxrles

Post by Chxrles »

I think devoting yourself as a php coder for a community without getting paid takes a lot of spare time and commitment. I hope you find someone as we would benefit immensely.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Chxrles wrote:I think devoting yourself as a php coder for a community without getting paid takes a lot of spare time and commitment. I hope you find someone as we would benefit immensely.
Yea, I wish I had thetime myself. I did start the project last year, but then I got a job.
Gamma009

Post by Gamma009 »

Hey, dunno what ABC stands for yet or what yer tryin to do with it, but, being a Computer Science guru, I figure I can help ya guys out with some PHP programming. Just give me the details of what it is and where you want to go with it, and I'll see what I can do.

Gamma009
Kinetic Influence
Zaitsev Jr.

Post by Zaitsev Jr. »

k:Bravo: k:good:
I am only responsible for what i write,
not what you understand.
C9:ImageC10:ImageC13:Image
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Gamma009 wrote:Hey, dunno what ABC stands for yet or what yer tryin to do with it, but, being a Computer Science guru, I figure I can help ya guys out with some PHP programming. Just give me the details of what it is and where you want to go with it, and I'll see what I can do.

Gamma009
Kinetic Influence
Styphon has the details for a long term vision of ABC so is really probably the best person for details.

To start with, even a basic roll call system will work. Who can attend which hour slots and what division they are in. This allows a HC to get a bar graphical (or even textual) representation of attendance of members. This helps point out possible division attendance deficiency including HC.

The advanced version would allow more manipulation such as rank assignments/promotions, medals and awards, battleday attendance recorded from server, etc that can be reflected on the avatar or signature section of a member besides used for reference. It also allowed a bar graph showing the army battleday numbers signup on the homepage. Each campaign, armies would supply graphics and rank names, etc.

It may be the old code is still available and can be used to get ideas from. It doesnt have to look like this, just be easy to glance at. Again, Styphon has started something so it would be great to see that thru, but even a basic alternate system is better than nothing.

Thanks for the easy links Sup
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

My day job is as a web developer (mostly c# :? ) and I'm willing to help, but my php skills are a bit rosty.
Ash2Dust wrote:battleday attendance recorded from server,
Are there any existing system for this?
A spontaneous idea is to scrape the ts-server's info page, every 5 min or so and use the roster from there.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

cairdazar wrote:My day job is as a web developer (mostly c# :? ) and I'm willing to help, but my php skills are a bit rosty.
A spontaneous idea is to scrape the ts-server's info page, every 5 min or so and use the roster from there.
We've been googling for a script to take information from the BF3 server but doesn't seem one exists at the moment. We may have to figure it out ourselves.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

cairdazar wrote:My day job is as a web developer (mostly c# :? ) and I'm willing to help, but my php skills are a bit rosty.
Probably preferable to poll TS. The old ABC polled the game server just like a rcon tool I believe. So the code should be there. The code should be probably the same in BF3 as it was in BF2. Login Rcon, issue list players command, idle and repeat list every 15 minutes. This probably could be taken steps further and create a battlefeed showing players, map, and score. Concern would be would load impact on the server. Could also have it login to the Procon layer instead.
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

So I have been playing a bit with a auto roster, scraping the tsviewer page and the battlelog api.

I currently poll our 3 servers for players on battlelog and users on the ts server, every 5 min, storing the data in a database. Data dumps ts[1] battlelog[2].

Some logic to build the roster is done, I can get the intervals a username is present at the ts server [3].
Currently its just a dumb string match for the username, its even case sensitive.

To match ts usernames with forum and/or origin usernames is probably the only none trivial part of this.

Its a start at least, I will keep the scrapers running, ~1 days worth of data is only 0.2 mb so the 240mb free db I'm using will last a while.

--
Cair

[1] http://bf3.herokuapp.com/gc/ts-users.json
[2] http://bf3.herokuapp.com/gc/bl-users.json
[3] http://bf3.herokuapp.com/gc/ts-stats/[K ... dazar.json
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

1 round usually lasts 30+ minutes. Sampling every 20 minutes should be reasonable to capture everyone playing at least 1 round. I'm not a programmer, seems we then need something to sort and display the gathered information. Then add on something where a webuser logs in or identifies himself in case his Origin name is different from forum name. After that, add a roll call feature.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

If you can poll the BF3 server that would be better. That way you can tie everyone using GUIDs, which don't change rather than anything in TS3 that can change (people formatting PCs, if they don't back up their TS3 profile will change everything in TS3 and then according to the database they become a completely new person). As Ash said once every 20 minute should suffice.

The way I was planning to tie that into ABC was to have users who are logged in to enter their GUID then the forum matches GUID to forum ID. That's the best way to keep track of things for history purposes across many campaigns IMO.

Nice start.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

http://www.phogue.net/
http://www.phogue.net/forumvb/forumdisp ... ed-Plugins
May or may not apply. Seems to be a forum of helpfull people creating plugins that manipulate the BF3 data. Some plugins even create/access sql databases which allows them to be used by a webpage.

To be frostbite/procon independant, then a basic rcon polling tool. This may help with its RA protocol section.
http://static.cdn.ea.com/dice/u/f/bfbc2 ... trator.zip

I'm stretching here, I havent written a line of code in over 20 years.