Calling all PHP Programmers

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Duntawk

Re: Calling all PHP Programmers

Post by Duntawk »

I realize I'm coming to the party somewhat late but I can lend a hand if you're looking for more folks to help out.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Duntawk wrote:I realize I'm coming to the party somewhat late but I can lend a hand if you're looking for more folks to help out.
Please tell us that you can glance at what Styphon has laid out for PHP and you can take a couple of bites out of it.
Or that you can throw together a simple solution to hold us over. Having alot of players requires alot of manual work that really should be automated.
Kismet
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kismet »

From my own searches, I think using TS for the attendance-tracking is probably the best available option, and if you consider the bandwidth of sending player names vs sending voice data, it's maybe 0.01% of the load in a given battleday that would go to attendance keeping.

I haven't found a way to check server status in BF3. Should be possible? BF3stats.com has an API, but not for servers so far.
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

Shrapnel wrote:Just went through your list and compared it to our scoreboard screenshots last night. I'm not sure how often you polled the server but I found three names were missing from KI's attendance. I didn't do a compare to see if anyone was on there that we didn't have in screens.
Will look at this after work to day, can you post examples of people you know is missing from my list?
Kismet wrote:I haven't found a way to check server status in BF3. Should be possible? BF3stats.com has an API, but not for servers so far.
The roster list I posted is based on polling battlelog every 5 min, Im getting the same info your browser get when you click the "show all players" link on a server page.

Edit: took a quick peek at it and fund a interesting bug, pushed a fix for that and on a suggestion from .sup split the players on servers. The players that was on both servers are listed twice.
Kismet
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Kismet »

Heh... <div class='common-playername-personaname solo'>? Suppose that'll work, as long as the website doesn't go down. (EA!<fistshake/>)
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

Kismet wrote:Heh... <div class='common-playername-personaname solo'>? Suppose that'll work, as long as the website doesn't go down. (EA!<fistshake/>)
I'm a layer deeper then just html scraping, it dose the same ajax calls the battlelog client.

Code: Select all

GET "http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/[server guid]/[any string]/" 
HEADERs X-AjaxNavigation: 1
That gives you a nice json collection with the server info including the current players.

Sadly there is no way to get the current state of the game, tickets left etc.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

There is a way with polling the server itself, just very hesitant about it until the dust settles.
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

Added some functionality to my roster page, it now filtering users per army

I'm using the KI Organization google document for KI players and hard coded in the KI officers as well as the TAs.
Any one that is not on my KI or TA lists is assumed to be in HiT.

Besides full forum integration with auto ranks etc, is there any thing more you need/want from a battleday roster?

Is forum names better then origin names?
Is per server then per army a good way to list the players, or is only server,or only army, or army then server better?

From the last battleday I can only see the interval a player was on the sever, i'm logging more data now and can probably get info on witch round each player participated in. Is that something that any one finds useful?
GrimRenegade

Post by GrimRenegade »

I know nothing about PHP or even what it is that you guys are trying to do exactly. but just a random thought, would it help if everyone gave you guys there unique stats page ID thing that you were talking about? I mean, could you use that to sort and organize and track people with? I'm sure you have already thought of that or tried it, but just in case, i thought i would throw that in there. Sorry if i'm just filling this with useless banter.
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

cairdazar wrote:Added some functionality to my roster page, it now filtering users per army

I'm using the KI Organization google document for KI players and hard coded in the KI officers as well as the TAs.
Any one that is not on my KI or TA lists is assumed to be in HiT.

Besides full forum integration with auto ranks etc, is there any thing more you need/want from a battleday roster?

Is forum names better then origin names?
Is per server then per army a good way to list the players, or is only server,or only army, or army then server better?

From the last battleday I can only see the interval a player was on the sever, i'm logging more data now and can probably get info on witch round each player participated in. Is that something that any one finds useful?
In the final iteration we'd also like an end of campaign list that includes all players that participated in at least one battle over the campaign for making the draft list for the next campaign.

There should be an integrated battleday sign-up form (similar to the goggledocs form we use in KI) for people to sign-up for battledays and see who has signed up for which times (color coded for officers/SLs/divisions).

Forum access integration. Once assigned to an army in ABC it should automaticaly grant access to the appropriate forums.

Medal Rack. ABC used to build a medal rack for player's sigs. Officers awarded medals in ABC and it was added to the player's rack (I think you still see some oldtimers with their racks on...see Zaitsev's sig). It output a standard line that you could just add to your sig once and as medals were updated it updated the rack.
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

If I remember correctly (not sure to be honest) our old ABC even awarded certain ribbons automatically: if I am not mistaken the 3 "played for a certain number of battledays" ribbons (no idea what they were actually called) worked that way.
Duntawk

Post by Duntawk »

I'm on vacation for a couple of weeks starting next week and since it's a staycation I'll have some time. I can definitely take a look over everything and lend a hand - it sounds like Caird already has a pretty solid foundation here with regards to the roster scrape at least. Do we have a github repository anywhere so I can take a look?
Image Image Image Image Image Image
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

Duntawk wrote:I'm on vacation for a couple of weeks starting next week and since it's a staycation I'll have some time. I can definitely take a look over everything and lend a hand - it sounds like Caird already has a pretty solid foundation here with regards to the roster scrape at least. Do we have a github repository anywhere so I can take a look?
Sent you a PM.
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”