Teaser for the new DLC 'Close Quarters'!

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

FlaminWalrus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Teaser for the new DLC 'Close Quarters'!

Post by FlaminWalrus »

My want tanks.... new shiny ones... So not really excited about that DLC.
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

It may not be in the style of battlefield, but I reckon it has the potential to be quite a lot of fun. Bearing in mind we've only seen one of four maps.

As for weapons I'm sure there will be many servers that implement a no USAS/RPG/m320 script. They do it all the time for metro.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

If I wanted to play CoD, I woulda' bought CoD.
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

Each to their own I guess.

As it's only 16 player, it almost certainly wont be included in any normal map rotations, and if you do happen to be on a 16 player server then they tend to be infantry only anyway. So you wont be forced to play it one way or the other.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
Adama4269
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Adama4269 »

I am actually really looking forward to CQ. That video looks awesome. Some things to consider for those of you who are worried:

- There is MUCH more that makes MW3 "arcadey" besides having small maps. To name just a couple: Run speed is very fast, and the insta-kill knifing mechanic makes charging around blind corners much safer. BF3 will have neither of these things.

- Many people are concerned "it'll be just like Metro," but the issue with Metro is not size. Metro is a HUGE map compared to any MW3 map! Metro's issue is that the map narrows to two *chokepoints*, which turns into a spamfest with a large number of players. Consider that although Metro is an M320 spamfest, most MW3 maps are not.

- With TDM and Conquest, one could probably be pretty successful on close quarters maps with a "run around and kill stuff" approach. With Rush, not so much. I'm hopeful that Rush games will still have a VERY distinct dynamic from "run around and kill stuff," and that the CQ Rush dynamic will probably be pretty unique. CQ Conquest may be interesting too if they have a small number of control points (1-2) for the smaller map sizes.

Dice is a sharp bunch of dudes. For all of BF3's flaws they've still designed a pretty awesome game, and that shows talent and good judgment. CQ *may* turn out to suck, but don't abandon all hope before it's out.

And you gotta admit, that trailer looks pretty fraking cool!
Zaitsev Jr.

Post by Zaitsev Jr. »

Adama4269 wrote: Dice is a sharp bunch of dudes. For all of BF3's flaws they've still designed a pretty awesome game, and that shows talent and good judgment.
Talent and Good Judgement came from Trauma Studios and the original team that designed BF1942.
Quality went out the window to save cost.
If you look at the models and their sloppy design and animation, you'll get the picture.

"They lost their touch ... "
I am only responsible for what i write,
not what you understand.
C9:ImageC10:ImageC13:Image
WoodenPlank

Post by WoodenPlank »

Zaitsev Jr. wrote:
Adama4269 wrote: Dice is a sharp bunch of dudes. For all of BF3's flaws they've still designed a pretty awesome game, and that shows talent and good judgment.
Talent and Good Judgement came from Trauma Studios and the original team that designed BF1942.
If you look at the models and their sloppy design and animation, you'll get the picture.

"They lost their touch ... "
EA ruins everything they touch. BF3, ME3...
Hoo hoo, Robin, I invented black-hawk whoring!
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

I just tried to watch the video (again) and it says it's been removed because EA claims copyright. How stupid can you get? The video was, if nothing else, giving extra commerical to them, for free and they frigging blocked it.

This whole copyright thing is getting out of hand. But that's another topic.

The DLC I'm not getting because a Battlefield game is supposed to be played how we play it here at GC IMO (fullscale, all assets, big strats). And on such small maps that is impossible.

If they made a DLC which enables you to have a commander screen I would buy that.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Adama4269
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Adama4269 »

Hitman47 wrote:The DLC I'm not getting because a Battlefield game is supposed to be played how we play it here at GC IMO (fullscale, all assets, big strats). And on such small maps that is impossible.

If they made a DLC which enables you to have a commander screen I would buy that.
"Supposed to" is a strong phrase -- the implication is that those who choose to play it differently way are not "supposed to" be playing the game that way. I'm personally excited for both play styles, but don't begrudge anyone who is interested in just one or the other.

Agree with you that a commander screen would be awesome!
Zaitsev Jr. wrote:Talent and Good Judgement came from Trauma Studios and the original team that designed BF1942.
This is interesting. I just joined the BF franchise w/BF3, so I am not really familiar with the history here, but Wikipedia claims that Trauma created a BF1 mod (Desert Combat), and collaborated on BF2, but that the original BF1 was all DICE.

I see a lot of negativity in the BF3 community about BF3, but yet most people are still choosing to play BF3 rather than BF2, which I find confusing.
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

Adama4269 wrote:
Zaitsev Jr. wrote:Talent and Good Judgement came from Trauma Studios and the original team that designed BF1942.
This is interesting. I just joined the BF franchise w/BF3, so I am not really familiar with the history here, but Wikipedia claims that Trauma created a BF1 mod (Desert Combat), and collaborated on BF2, but that the original BF1 was all DICE.
He didn't say that Trauma Studios and the original BF42 team were one and the same.
Adama4269 wrote:I see a lot of negativity in the BF3 community about BF3, but yet most people are still choosing to play BF3 rather than BF2, which I find confusing.
I think most people (myself included) have played BF2 to death, I'm certain I put over 1000 hours into that game... maybe closer to 2000. 8O
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

madcow wrote:I think most people (myself included) have played BF2 to death, I'm certain I put over 1000 hours into that game... maybe closer to 2000. 8O
According to google 2000 hours is almost 3 months...

insane. 8O
madcow
Executive
Executive

Post by madcow »

Most of that was spent playing at GC. :)
Clicky to become a Voteable member.

“…so realistic, it'll have you picking shrapnel out of your backside.”
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Bf2 was played for over 5 years. I know I put way to many hours into it. EA/Dice is lucky that their competitors have not put out something less buggier/better.
ElJanitoro

Post by ElJanitoro »

Being mainly an infantry player, I am really pumped for this dlc. I know it looks Codish but we all know that Battlefield isn't a terrible game. They need some small maps to appeal to those who like Cod. I will be getting it even if it isn't in GC.
Image ImageImage