Need more forumers?

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Re: Need more forumers?

Post by Calloutman »

I have to disagree with you BlackIce, I wouldn't say he's overenthusiastic. Very enthusiastic yes. But I can't say I've been annoyed by the number of his posts. Some are frustrating due to the English, but looking through some of his previous posts he can be kinda eloquent. And his last post above wasn't bad at all. He can do it when he tries.
We shouldn't be bashing him to stop posting so much stuff, his enthusiasm isn't the problem, we should be encouraging him to improve his posts.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Ghoul
8.Lord
8.Lord

Post by Ghoul »

BLYFACTOR wrote: RULE :#1 -After sign-up - to make life easier - NOBODY can Interrupt the Battleday- Like rando's
For certain- Like attacking must be 24-48hrs before hand- People must inform the 2 Sides leaders and tell them that they want to play. Not just creep up and join and make teams unfair. The plan makes it easier.

But if you want more serious stuff.
Once you join the Campaign - Nobody else can hop on. - Unless invited

I'm not sure, is he talking about neutral players like myself that don't commit to any particular side because I don't know when and if I can play so when I can play I just join the team that needs help?

BF3C3 • DARK • Sergeant
BF3C4 • Gladius • Sergeant
BF3C5 • Legion of Doom • General / Lord
^^^cause the only way I can get medals is to give them to myself^^^
BF3C6 • IMF • PFC
BF4C1 • Allies • Corporal
BF4C2 • 9th MEU • Sergeant First Class
BF4C3 • Lucky Number Seven • Chief Warrant Officer
BF4C4 • SAD • Private
BF4C5 • EVIL • 2nd Class Minion
BF4C6 •TCF • Made Man
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

BlackIce999 wrote:
Undisparo wrote:Anyways, I play with BLY quite a bit and he is very passionate about gaming communities and global conflict. First of all English is his first language, he is from the US. Second he is a young high school kid so we have to give him a break sometimes about how he writes.
And, on a totally separate rant, I think the "high school" excuse is pretty superfluent. Hey, I'm a young high school kid too - and I'm a pretty good writer. Lowering expectations of teenagers only allows them to stop trying. :)
Seconded. While I genrally don't try to flaunt it (due to the many stigmas attached) I am also a high school student who is perfectly capable of writing; I write for my biweekly school paper in addition to HL English courses. (Indeed, if anything I probably should play a little less Battlefield with you guys!) While I understand there is a huge degree of variation between people I think if anyone took some time to sit down, plan out, and revise their posts there would be a huge improvement in quality regardless of the individual.

One particular thing I like to do once I write a post is to leave it open overnight and look it over in the morning. A good night's rest can give you a huge change of perspective on almost anything.

Also while were on the subject of spelling and grammar I can't let the use of the improper homonym for patience slide Undisparo. :evil:
BF3:
C2: [K22S] Kinetic Influence - Senior Operative
C3: [PI3d] PRIDe - Lieutenant
C4: [G1S] Gladius - Sergeant
C5: [KYT] Kitten Adventure Rainbow Time - Private 1st Class
C6: [SIP] International Monetary Fund - Private
BF4
C1: [AD] Allied Forces - Private
Undisparo

Post by Undisparo »

I did not mean to offend any high school people here haha. :D I was just trying to put things into perspective for BLY.
V_

Post by V_ »

calloutman wrote:And his last post above wasn't bad at all. He can do it when he tries.
We shouldn't be bashing him to stop posting so much stuff, his enthusiasm isn't the problem, we should be encouraging him to improve his posts.
Very true. His last post was much better. Good work, Bly. :)
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
XrunawayX
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by XrunawayX »

Henidhor wrote:Also while were on the subject of spelling and grammar I can't let the use of the improper homonym for patience slide Undisparo. :evil:
:wink:
XrunawayX
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by XrunawayX »

I usually write most of my longer posts in Word and then copy/paste them into the forums. It’s quite helpful in catching most of my grammar and spelling mistakes.
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

XrunawayX wrote:
Henidhor wrote:Also while were on the subject of spelling and grammar I can't let the use of the improper homonym for patience slide Undisparo. :evil:
Good, I'm glad someone caught that. :) I noticed the were, albeit somewhat after I posted it, but I was too lazy/tired to edit it. I'm not sure what's wrong with the second one though.
BF3:
C2: [K22S] Kinetic Influence - Senior Operative
C3: [PI3d] PRIDe - Lieutenant
C4: [G1S] Gladius - Sergeant
C5: [KYT] Kitten Adventure Rainbow Time - Private 1st Class
C6: [SIP] International Monetary Fund - Private
BF4
C1: [AD] Allied Forces - Private
Undisparo

Post by Undisparo »

Henidhor wrote:
XrunawayX wrote:
Good, I'm glad someone caught that. :) I noticed the were, albeit somewhat after I posted it, but I was too lazy/tired to edit it. I'm not sure what's wrong with the second one though.

OK OK.. jeez guys haha