Need more forumers?

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

BLYFACTOR

Need more forumers?

Post by BLYFACTOR »

I think we need more active forumers sure We have 50-75 but we need a huge fanbase
Wheres the Videos and promo's you guys have- You KNow if you send me all the footage I'll compile it into a Big Party and compilation. Either that or people aren't active and such. I post tavern stuff and I get views Come On guys Post comments feedback is better. If you come and sign up for a battleday or whatever check out the whole forum. Like geez luweez.

With my new Rig I will be Record video footage and highlights from almost every battleday from Kinetic Influence 1 Perspective. After a few weeks of it I will compile it decompress it Ask for feedback then get into to post production. Then Ship it off. And Into the world.

When Campaign 3 starts. We will have it clean I hope.
The upcoming campaign should be Like the following.
Get people that want to be in the campaign to signup in a certain thread-(to earn people WHO ARE DEDICATED) Get new people that just started playing the game to join - Also do a reddit crash again. When doing the reddit be sure to Tell them Dedication is neccesary but may ask to sit-out on certain days.

Then after everyone has signed up for the campaign -
The Campaign starts- I'm thinking its still going to be KI vs HIT again but Im not sure anyways.
The draft begins between the 2 sides.
Once teams are decided with a fair amount of people. Things can really get going.
------------------
RULE :#1 -After sign-up - to make life easier - NOBODY can Interrupt the Battleday- Like rando's
For certain- Like attacking must be 24-48hrs before hand- People must inform the 2 Sides leaders and tell them that they want to play. Not just creep up and join and make teams unfair. The plan makes it easier.

But if you want more serious stuff.
Once you join the Campaign - Nobody else can hop on. - Unless invited-

So need more "Active" forumers and the new rules would be nice. :cry:
GC Battledays (7)
Check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BLYFACTOR?feature=mhee
Epic 64 man Fun Stuff Sign Up hereviewtopic.php?f=2&t=17693&p=189318#p189318
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Re: Need more forumers?

Post by Calloutman »

BLYFACTOR wrote:I think we need more active forumers sure We have 50-75 but we need a huge fanbase
Wheres the Videos and promo's you guys have- You KNow if you send me all the footage I'll compile it into a Big Party and compilation. Either that or people aren't active and such. I post tavern stuff and I get views Come On guys Post comments feedback is better. If you come and sign up for a battleday or whatever check out the whole forum. Like geez luweez.
Your posts have had a pretty good reception, your 64 man thread had a good turnout. Your latest has so far bombed, but it's not been up too long. I checked it out but didn't find it helpful as none of the problems stated affected me. This was probably the case for others too, you seem to have a much more 'exotic' bf3 experience than most.
With my new Rig I will be Record video footage and highlights from almost every battleday from Kinetic Influence 1 Perspective. After a few weeks of it I will compile it decompress it Ask for feedback then get into to post production. Then Ship it off. And Into the world.
This is a good idea, you should do this. Will be useful for promotion if it's good.
When Campaign 3 starts. We will have it clean I hope.
The upcoming campaign should be Like the following.
Get people that want to be in the campaign to signup in a certain thread-(to earn people WHO ARE DEDICATED) Get new people that just started playing the game to join - Also do a reddit crash again. When doing the reddit be sure to Tell them Dedication is neccesary but may ask to sit-out on certain days.

Then after everyone has signed up for the campaign -
The Campaign starts- I'm thinking its still going to be KI vs HIT again but Im not sure anyways.
The draft begins between the 2 sides.
Once teams are decided with a fair amount of people. Things can really get going.
------------------
RULE :#1 -After sign-up - to make life easier - NOBODY can Interrupt the Battleday- Like rando's
For certain- Like attacking must be 24-48hrs before hand- People must inform the 2 Sides leaders and tell them that they want to play. Not just creep up and join and make teams unfair. The plan makes it easier.

But if you want more serious stuff.
Once you join the Campaign - Nobody else can hop on. - Unless invited-

So need more "Active" forumers and the new rules would be nice. :cry:
-- First of all this is seriously premature, we've not even started attacking each other in this campaign, and you're talking about the next.
-- Secondly, you're stating how you think things should be, instead of suggesting points for improvement. Key quote being "The upcoming campaign should be Like the following.". This is not good, please don't do this.
-- Thirdly there are already good processes in place, people sign up on the signup thread and get assigned an army. What's the problem with that?
-- Fourthly the decision for doing another "reddit bomb" (as you called it) shouldn't be taken lightly, it means a load more work for all the officers/TA's when they already have their plates full.

You seem to think the whole system is broken. I really don't know where you've gotten this impression from.

For pete's sake, structure your posts better, they're really hard to read. You've improved from previous outbursts but there is still much territory to be covered.

I've had enough of typing, I'm going to bed.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
BLYFACTOR

Post by BLYFACTOR »

Alright then How long is this messed up stuff. Going to silk out
Have we gotten balanced teams now- I hear people Bitching about it. and yadayada And I guess I get the bad implementation. Or apparently its under control and Have not noticed.

I just feel Confused- And wrote things in my perspective of what "I" would like see happen MEANS THAT I WOULD like this but many may refuse.

This campaign is quite strong I quite say I was here when it started bail for like 10 weeks and finnaly start up on my 5 Week coming up here.
So I'm confused on all this jibber jabber and BS. If im too cocky about my PC let me know about.
If Im a showoff let me know.
If I need improvement let me know.
Nobody can share the wrongs of a person w/o telling them. Thanks for letting me know about my post Really appreciated.
What I can dream about campaign 3 is my Own Opinion and what are the odds 1mill+ to 0 which means It wont happen I'm sure.

I may not be the best forum writer but u can read it and understand it. (AT least I space it out) Or is it my lettering. Or Grammar or my Area's of where Skipping a line is not neccessary
GC Battledays (7)
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

To address the balance issue, it's very hard to say... The past two battledays KI got slaughtered, but this battleday KI did pretty good. Albeit only on infantry maps. So to be honest I'm not sure. Next week there will probably be a whole string of air maps where good ol' SturdyWings will make us look like fools :roll:.
I just feel Confused- And wrote things in my perspective of what "I" would like see happen MEANS THAT I WOULD like this but many may refuse.
And I guess that feeling is okay, you just came across differently in your original post. Your manner in your posts is very important to how people perceive the points you're making.

I think the issue with your posts are that they just don't make sense. Like for example your first line:
Alright then How long is this messed up stuff. Going to silk out
That doesn't make any sense to me, I have no idea what you were trying to say. This sadly applies to quite a lot of what you say on the forums, so even if you're making a good point, I can't agree (or disagree) with you because I don't know what you're saying.
My best guess is that you were trying to say "Alright then, how long is this messed up stuff going to carry on?" But I can't really be sure because you had a full stop in the middle and I'm not sure if it was a mistake or not. And anyway, what could "Going to silk out" mean anyway? Punctuation is very important.

Here's another example on a sentance that makes no sense to me:
This campaign is quite strong I quite say I was here when it started bail for like 10 weeks and finnaly start up on my 5 Week coming up here.
Maybe try using the 'Preview' button and re-reading your post to make sure it all makes sense. I certainly find it helpful. Maybe you could also leave it as a draft for an hour or so and then come back to it and see if it still makes sense. If it is still easily readable and coherent then go ahead and post it.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
CanShield

Post by CanShield »

Clarity

The layout of the forums is, so we have more then one individual creating threads; and if we had only one person posting it would give the image of a priority speaker within the forums. Global Conflict is not intended to have any one person as it's voice, for it is a community of individuals who bring ideas; and concepts to it like such as yourself.

Global Conflicts Officers take every step to make signup, as well as joining active Saturday battles as fuss free as possible; but it is not a flawless system, and with the individuals who volunteer their time to make this system the best it is. We can not put expectations on our fellow GC members, and than rather to see its faults look towards the actions made to solve problems on a consistent basis.

Now GC members opinions, an Ideas are appreciated within this forum; but in a clear concise none defamatory manner. That is the best method to draw in more players, an I will add that a lot of work goes into planning every battle let alone issues from a battle prior.

Lastly a influx of players like the one Reddit though new members are welcome,yet it does put a strain on not only the structure of management; but also within the NCM ranks. More players does not mean a better game, an in truth connecting to; and creating a tight nit team will bring greater satisfaction.
Last edited by CanShield on Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
BLYFACTOR

Post by BLYFACTOR »

Alright you guys win- GC I guess is for men with Live's and gamer's who do the bare minumum and aren't like me. That I can understand quite well. Just too many people Bitching.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... wlng#t=55s

I seem to have relapsed a small bit, Like I did with my last community, I tried to takeover, But It ain't working here, :| Apparently I need start 1 myself to make that happen, then again that takes time and effort. :(

So I shall withstand my obstruction of taking over and move into a better person of providing feedback on such things.

Really I want more people to respond to posts instead of views. Thats really the whole story behind. _ NO _ IF_ANDS- OR_ BUTS_! :roll:

So without further Adu I shall start to make it happen. If I mess up or am doing something Wrong PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME I LIKE Feed Back don't be shy about it.

Yes Canshield I understand you completely. _ I just very dislike you in matter of you moving people in out of channels UNNECESSARILY Like me. Also WOT pulled you away from battlefield 3; I liked the battlefield 3 canshield better :cry:
GC Battledays (7)
WenieWaggler

Post by WenieWaggler »

BLYFACTOR wrote: I seem to have relapsed a small bit, Like I did with my last community, I tried to takeover, But It ain't working here, :| Apparently I need start 1 myself to make that happen, then again that takes time and effort. :(
Your enthusiasm is awesome man, :) but I think you also need to keep in mind that GC has been around for a very long time and quite a few people have been here since before even the BF2 days. This is my first campaign as well so I know what you mean about it being somewhat confusing and seeming disorganized at times, but when you think about how many people are involved, I think it runs very, VERY, smoothly overall. All I'm saying is that, as a new member, give it some time and I think you will realize that the higher ups have seen almost every issue you can think of by now, and they most likely know what has worked in the past to handle it. Just keep posting, playing hard, and staying positive and I think the rest will sort itself out.

I have been in a couple of CS clans in the past and NONE were as organized as GC. Not to mention the fact that GC as a gametype is infinitely more complex than simply scrimming other clans. SO THANKS HIGH COMMAND!! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!!

On another note, this post made me realize that I haven't been as active on the forum as I could be and therefore you will see me on here more often from now on. I really enjoy this community and there is no reason I shouldn't be more active in it. Especially with school letting out soon!!! :D :D :D
C2: Sgt. ImageImage
C3: Master Sgt.
ImageImage
TychoBrahe

Post by TychoBrahe »

No offense, but I honestly have an easier time reading Old English than your posts, BLY. Like Can said, formatting your posts a bit better would do wonders.
bigdcowboys22
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by bigdcowboys22 »

TychoBrahe wrote:No offense, but I honestly have an easier time reading Old English than your posts, BLY. Like Can said, formatting your posts a bit better would do wonders.
Agreed. I read most of your threads, BLY, in an attempt to participate, but usually end up quitting half way through. I just get lost trying to understand what you're saying.
Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.

Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

I honestly tried to comprehend everything you wrote in this thread, since I've been around for a while and wanted to answer some of the things I thought I understood. but as I read more the only conclusion I could come to was that either:

1) english is not your first language, which is ok, many people here learned it as a second language and their grammar isn't perfect. but even then I can generally understand what they were saying
2) you were drunk as of this writing

seriously man, I can't understand what you are trying to say.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
BLYFACTOR

Post by BLYFACTOR »

Here's something That I just PM'd someone about.
Hope you can understand this because I tried my best to make it good.

Well (*****name) I check the whole post as I get updates through my email which I'm usually on. Your thoughts about everything you've said is quite wonderful. Then here's where I go nuts. I feel too exited and cocky telling everyone oh ya I'm getting a new PC guys. Then I get told that I'm cocky and speak to myself off-mic saying ya I am then it feels like OK that needs to change. Or you could call it bragging, whichever your choosing maybe. I'm really anxious about and I'm nervous as to which goes where and haven't found anyone who really knows what there talking about when it comes to making a computer from the bottom up such as OEM(original Equipment Manufacturer) Hard-drives and Booting an OS and then BIOS flashing or put the front ports on your motherboard to make your Front I/O Controllers work. (AKA start button USB ETC.)

Then another issue is that I'm not sure what Hard-drive I'm going to through my games on. Whether it be my new 2TB hard drive or my OEM 1. Sure my OEM Hard drive is old. IT should do the trick with new hard-ware to load in battlefield 3 fast and quick. I may-be the idiot on that part as whether or not It would slow loading times. For instance loading times take a bit, but I'm sure that My 8-core CPU will load in faster whether or not my Game will slow down or not.

My plan is to through video games on my 500GB Hard-drive and the Operating System on it. Then do all the video editing and such on the 2TB drive.(make sense right?) Then I can Definitely get some big highlights from these upcoming Ultra HD battle-days I'm going to be playing. (****name this means Be prepared for me to ask you to come play with me, because your an EPIC *** and a tad better the most - (my opinion) ******NAme Sits in front of you for now. Then maybe I will start doing some squad leading and won't be a lagging whore. Where Id lag and my squad would be horrible.

To wrap this up My hands hurt I check almost everyone post inside posts that I've made and That people have made that interest me. - I didn't forget your post that's for sure. I hope you can understand How I'm feeling and that your a cool guy and I Need to change somethings about myself like posts and how to organize the properly. Then not be so repeater either.

Ok lets end this Tell me what you think about this message is it good and organized or are you confused again.

Then an all time favorite song of mine, Dunno if you like it but here you go.
GC Battledays (7)
Undisparo

Post by Undisparo »

bigdcowboys22 wrote:
TychoBrahe wrote:No offense, but I honestly have an easier time reading Old English than your posts, BLY. Like Can said, formatting your posts a bit better would do wonders.
Agreed. I read most of your threads, BLY, in an attempt to participate, but usually end up quitting half way through. I just get lost trying to understand what you're saying.

LOL at all this. And Matsif comments as well.

Anyways, I play with BLY quite a bit and he is very passionate about gaming communities and global conflict. First of all English is his first language, he is from the US. Second he is a young high school kid so we have to give him a break sometimes about how he writes. It just seems he has trouble putting his thoughts into words.

BLY all i gotta say is have some patients. I was part of the Reddit bum rush and all I have to say is that GC is a wonderful community. People are active, talk and post on forums. There is always somebody online to play with and talk about things. Being in high school you probably have more free time then us older folks. We have jobs, other hobbies, girlfriends/wives, and of course drinking to do. We try to check forums and play as much as we can, but life gets in the way. The Head Command and TA's put a lot of time into trying to keep things organized. Remember... they are not getting paid! Relax a little and just have some fun with video games.

PS your system is going to be awesome, we are all just jealous. I play on a fraking laptop haha
Last edited by Undisparo on Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigdcowboys22
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by bigdcowboys22 »

Undisparo wrote:We have jobs, other hobbies, girlfriends/wife's, and of course drinking to do.
k:ROFL: I will not miss another battleday because I'm busy drinking. I will not miss another battleday because I'm busy drinking. I will not miss another battleday because I'm busy drinking. I will not miss another battleday because I'm busy drinking. I will not miss another battleday because I'm busy drinking. :oops:

Happy now Haruky?
Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan.

Leadership is getting someone to do what they don't want to do, to achieve what they want to achieve.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

bigdcowboys22 wrote:
Undisparo wrote:We have jobs, other hobbies, girlfriends/wife's, and of course drinking to do.
k:ROFL: I will not miss another battleday because I'm busy drinking. I will not miss another battleday because I'm busy drinking. I will not miss another battleday because I'm busy drinking. I will not miss another battleday because I'm busy drinking. I will not miss another battleday because I'm busy drinking. :oops:

Happy now Haruky?
I am pleased. :lol:
Image[/url]
V_

Post by V_ »

Undisparo wrote:Anyways, I play with BLY quite a bit and he is very passionate about gaming communities and global conflict. First of all English is his first language, he is from the US. Second he is a young high school kid so we have to give him a break sometimes about how he writes.
I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in there, and say two things - first of all, I appreciate your enthusiasm, Bly, I really do. I wish more people would strategize more often - I feel like that's the main goal of GC. And, like I've said before in AAR's and KI forums, more involvement would be nice. But, like others have said, RL gets in the way, and there's nothing to be done about that. However, you can be... might I say... a little over enthusiastic. You know, posting 5 word comments and the like. While those kinds of posts aren't necessarily bad, but taken in mass, they can get a little annoying, you know?

And, on a totally separate rant, I think the "high school" excuse is pretty superfluent. Hey, I'm a young high school kid too - and I'm a pretty good writer. Lowering expectations of teenagers only allows them to stop trying. :)
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC