New DLC, Content Service, and Double XP Weekend

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

BLYFACTOR

New DLC, Content Service, and Double XP Weekend

Post by BLYFACTOR »

Source- http://battlefieldo.com/threads/new-dlc ... kend.5418/

"We've got some exclusive (unofficial, but from a very reliable source) news and some new dates for you all. It looks like EA/DICE is rolling out a premium content service, and are also planning to drop 5th expansion after their previously announced End Game DLC. In addition, there will be a DOUBLE XP WEEKEND this weekend, May 12th - 14th!

Battlefield Premium : June 4th
Battlefield™ Premium will land you a number of content drops with unique in-game items not available anywhere else. First out is the one-of-a-kind Premium knife and black dog tag, plus a set of soldier camos, weapon camos, dog tags and Assignments that will make sure you stand out and get more personalization options.

Close Quarters : June 12th

June 2012 : Guide
Get the upper hand with this strategy guide, teaching you how to improve and become an even more skilled player.

August 2012: Bonus Content

Fall 2012 : Armored Kill k:Yahoo!: k:Yahoo!: k:Yahoo!:

Winter 2012 : End Game

March 2013 : 5th Expansion Pack (still untitled) k:pardon:

Looks like some exciting things on the horizon! What are your thoughts on the new info and what are you most looking forward to?"
GC Battledays (7)
Check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BLYFACTOR?feature=mhee
Epic 64 man Fun Stuff Sign Up hereviewtopic.php?f=2&t=17693&p=189318#p189318
V_

Re: New DLC, Content Service, and Double XP Weekend

Post by V_ »

"Premium"? Are you kidding me?! Once again, EA shows their true colors as a greedy, money-grabbing corporation. I'm so mad right now... :evil:
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
Evil_Jocey
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Evil_Jocey »

BlackIce999 wrote:"Premium"? Are you kidding me?! Once again, EA shows their true colors as a greedy, money-grabbing corporation. I'm so mad right now... :evil:
Well, it does not look like "Premium" would give you an advantage on the battlefield - it reads like cosmetics.

Still - evil moneygrabber-tactics.
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

for sure I want it all !
but... with the main game at the day I do buy it, for the price of one game !!
I don't like to buy all 3 month some thing extra to make my game complete...
armoredfury will be played at GC so ok, for the rest i'll roll a dice
FlaminWalrus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by FlaminWalrus »

As long as Premium service has only cosmetic changes it doesnt really bother me.
Arcturus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Arcturus »

WHY NOW?! The one weekend where I have to be in school from 09:00 to 21:00 during the weekend and finals next week... There was a double XP weekend with one of the Call of Duties (5?), and the problem there was that everyone was suddenly highest level so the entire level system wasn't of use anymore. It devalues XP to an extent that it has no added value to the game anymore (sorry, 12 hours of Economics lessons a day makes me think as such).
BF3 C2 - Lt. | BF3 C3 - Maj. | BF3 C4 - Field Marshall | BF3 C5 - Tournament Administrator
FlaminWalrus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by FlaminWalrus »

dsfarcturus wrote:WHY NOW?! The one weekend where I have to be in school from 09:00 to 21:00 during the weekend and finals next week... There was a double XP weekend with one of the Call of Duties (5?), and the problem there was that everyone was suddenly highest level so the entire level system wasn't of use anymore. It devalues XP to an extent that it has no added value to the game anymore (sorry, 12 hours of Economics lessons a day makes me think as such).
So DICE listened to you and said PC players: Apologies for delay in your 2XP event. To give you a full weekend as planned, we're rescheduling this for May 26-27
Evil_Jocey
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Evil_Jocey »

dsfarcturus wrote: It devalues XP to an extent that it has no added value to the game anymore (sorry, 12 hours of Economics lessons a day makes me think as such).
Honestly - Exp is not that hard to come by. And what use is it after you have all the unlocks you desire?
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

BF3 is the first heavy DLC game I've played; admittedly I'm still very used to DLC being called "patches" and coming out for free. :roll: I actually didn't even own Back to Kirkland until last week for the 5/5 battleday.

But, I guess new content is worth the money, somewhat. The premium service is pretty silly, but just like others have said, I'm not too upset as long as it's a cosmetic only upgrade.
CanShield

Post by CanShield »

The key point is EA boosting about the whole destructible environment which was boosted pre-sale of the game itself. Even during beta they stated it would be the everything, yet here it comes a 15.99 patch with a couple small maps; an added effects.

My only concern would be the premium knife actually work all the time, so in actuality they make players pay; for a almost glitch free game which is what one expects when buying a game off the shelf. If not then premium accounts are just another money grab.
Last edited by CanShield on Sun May 13, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rolten

Post by Rolten »

Double XP weekend doesn't really matter. I mean, I've played this game now for ~180 days, a two-day double-xp weekend would mean that I'd have actually played the game 182 days. Big fraking hoo.

Premium isn't that bad. Guild Wars 2 will also have this. As long as it's just cosmetics, then who cares? People who think it's worth it will buy it, DICE will earn more money, and I'll still not give a frak.

DLC is a bit expensive though given the fact that I only bought this game for 32 euro's :3 Totally worth it though.
Image Image Image Image Image Image
CanShield

Post by CanShield »

If beer was treated like a video game.

From a convenient store in the not to distant future.

Consumer says: I'll take the Beer, and may buy additional items to go with it later if I choose to.

Seller says: Well you can take that but won't be able to drink it unless you buy the philter to strain it.

Consumer says: Thanks, but no I'll just use something I have at home.

Seller says:That would be a violation of the agreement you made with us when you bought the beer, an your beer would be taken away.

Consumer says: I bought it the damn thing it is mine.

Seller says: Actually you have no rights regarding the beer, and in actuality we gave you the temporary opportunity to retain the item titled beer; and we as the actual owner have the right to take it away at any time we see fit.

Consumer says: How much is the philter.

Seller says: $15.99 plus taxes.

Consumer says: The beer was $32.99 why wasn't the philter included if I needed it. Screw it I just want to drink I'll buy the damn philter.

Seller says: Thank you valued customer have a good day.
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

You can't compare a consumable with a non-consumable. It makes 0 sense. You'd be better off comparing it with something like a movie bought on DVD/BluRay
BLYFACTOR

Post by BLYFACTOR »

styphon wrote:You can't compare a consumable with a non-consumable. It makes 0 sense. You'd be better off comparing it with something like a movie bought on DVD/BluRay
lol :lol: thats good hehe :D
GC Battledays (7)
Check out my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/BLYFACTOR?feature=mhee
Epic 64 man Fun Stuff Sign Up hereviewtopic.php?f=2&t=17693&p=189318#p189318
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

2x XP: Whatevs, Colonel.

Premium: Fine. If it's appearance only, fine.

CQ: well, i guess it'll make some people happy, not for me.

Guide: meh. Don't really care. I'd prefer ingame tutorials for jets and helis to make starting easier

Bonus Content: :?:

Armored Kill: HELLfrakingYES

End Game: Dinosaurs?

5th DLC: :?: :?: