Question re: interim

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

V_

Question re: interim

Post by V_ »

Hey guys! I know that Campaign 2 is beginning to draw to a close, though if we're lucky, we'll still get a few weeks out of it. I was just wondering what we're going to do in between BF3:C2 and BF3:C3. What kind of activities? "64-man epicness" (as Bly called it), more zombie server, etc. Also, how long does it usually take to elect generals/ get the campaign running? Just curious. :)
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Question re: interim

Post by styphon »

Stuff will normally be organised ahead of time. If there's something people really want to play then let us know. Most of the battles will just be scrims.

As for time, it normally takes around 4 weeks between campaigns. We need to allow time for draft sign ups, then hold the draft and give generals time to organise their armies.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

BlackIce999 wrote:Hey guys! I know that Campaign 2 is beginning to draw to a close, though if we're lucky, we'll still get a few weeks out of it. I was just wondering what we're going to do in between BF3:C2 and BF3:C3. What kind of activities? "64-man epicness" (as Bly called it), more zombie server, etc. Also, how long does it usually take to elect generals/ get the campaign running? Just curious. :)
It is drawing to a specific closure, but dont know what you mean by "if we're lucky, we'll still get a few weeks out of it."

The biggest issue is that several people will be working on C3. Not an easy task. I've seen 4 to 6 weeks between campaigns. Lately people have stepped up and its been pretty quick. Theres strong interest in doing indepth Risk system and reviving Tuesday night Blackop battles. That takes more input, arguing, and hammering out the details.

If you want a zombie day, get 1 or 2 friends to help you organize a specified, bonified insane zombie hour. 1 or 2 other backup events doesnt hurt and attracts more attention. I'd be in for some kind of "Come beat the pubbies", but that only works if we keep the server populated. I would guess 3 or 4 battledays will be available between camps.
Evil_Jocey
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Evil_Jocey »

Ash2Dust wrote: It is drawing to a specific closure, but dont know what you mean by "if we're lucky, we'll still get a few weeks out of it."

He probably means that this campaign will be running a little longer (And we all can play more and have some more fun) if you kick our butts in the next two upcoming battledays.
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

I would invite anyone to propose an event so post your thoughts.

In the past we have done scrims with other communities and Olympics which we host. this camp some ideas have been some 4v4 tourneys on Saturdays. We can do air v air stuff or we can do ladders.
Undisparo

Post by Undisparo »

Von_Krieg wrote:I would invite anyone to propose an event so post your thoughts.

In the past we have done scrims with other communities and Olympics which we host. this camp some ideas have been some 4v4 tourneys on Saturdays. We can do air v air stuff or we can do ladders.

4v4 squad rush tourny could be fun.
Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Post by Von_Krieg »

Yes though we need to come up with a reward somehow. We could do them every week until things get fired up again.
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Undisparo wrote: 4v4 squad rush tourny could be fun.
+1, would be alot of fun!
Undisparo

Post by Undisparo »

Von_Krieg wrote:Yes though we need to come up with a reward somehow. We could do them every week until things get fired up again.
I Will show the winner of the tourny my boobies.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Undisparo wrote:
Von_Krieg wrote:Yes though we need to come up with a reward somehow. We could do them every week until things get fired up again.
I'm afraid the tournament can no longer have a winner. Only losers.
Image[/url]
Undisparo

Post by Undisparo »

haruky8 wrote:
Undisparo wrote:
I'm afraid the tournament can no longer have a winner. Only losers.

:lol:
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Squad rush, team deathmatch, they all sound fun, we have two servers anyway so both could be run simultaneously.
fawadforlan

Post by fawadforlan »

Undisparo wrote:

4v4 squad rush tourny could be fun.

This is a great idea! A tournement, everyone makes a squad with 4 guys and then they play against the other squads. :D
Battlefield 3
Campaign 2 - Staff Sergeant
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
FlashofSilver

Post by FlashofSilver »

No-UI, low-player (4v4 or 8v8) matches would also be fun.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

FlashofSilver wrote:No-UI, low-player (4v4 or 8v8) matches would also be fun.
Yup. Details are being discussed in terms of what we can do between C2 and C3. Expect a post in the coming weeks!
Image[/url]