Join the C3 Officer Draft

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Join the C3 Officer Draft

Post by Cheesy »

Now that C2 is done, the planning for C3 begins!

You'll see lots of posts coming soon related to planning, but we wanted to get this one up early.

If you want to be an officer next campaign, you must sign up for the officer draft here. That includes general, high command, and all other officer positions.

Anyone is eligible to sign up, it doesn't matter if you were an officer last time or have experience squad leading. However, you aren't guaranteed an officer position -- it's entirely up to the general drafting you :)

The executive senate will select the next two generals from here, and from there they will select their high commands.
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Re: Join the C3 Officer Draft

Post by mrBLUE9 »

In the Hitcorp channel we discussed the creation of more ranks, so people can have a bigger mobility throughout the campaign and not stall in a rank until the end. I think that would be a good idea to be implemented on C3.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

mrBLUE9 wrote:In the Hitcorp channel we discussed the creation of more ranks, so people can have a bigger mobility throughout the campaign and not stall in a rank until the end. I think that would be a good idea to be implemented on C3.
That's up to the general. He will decide how many ranks he wants. When you are drafted to a side then you should discuss it with him.
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

.Sup wrote:
mrBLUE9 wrote:In the Hitcorp channel we discussed the creation of more ranks, so people can have a bigger mobility throughout the campaign and not stall in a rank until the end. I think that would be a good idea to be implemented on C3.
That's up to the general. He will decide how many ranks he wants. When you are drafted to a side then you should discuss it with him.
Oh, I thought it was something standard. Fair enough, I shall discuss with him. :)
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

mrBLUE9 wrote:
.Sup wrote:
Oh, I thought it was something standard. Fair enough, I shall discuss with him. :)
No, each General gets to completely customise their armies name, ranks and medals however they see fit.
Arcturus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Arcturus »

When will the results be announced, next battleday? I'm quite eager to start on some promotional stuff.
BF3 C2 - Lt. | BF3 C3 - Maj. | BF3 C4 - Field Marshall | BF3 C5 - Tournament Administrator
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

dsfarcturus wrote:When will the results be announced, next battleday? I'm quite eager to start on some promotional stuff.
Next week yes.
LCourage
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LCourage »

all indians, no chiefs
Tunnel Snakes rule!
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

woops, just realized I put up weeks. Even though Ive been here since the start of C2, which apperantly is months ago :P
Be cool if you could change that cheesy ^^
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

Done :wink:

noob
Robawillis
Executive
Executive

Post by Robawillis »

Cheesy wrote:Done :wink:

noob
play nice cheesy
Rolten

Post by Rolten »

Hate to be a newb, but could anyone break down what tasks the different ranks have? I'll probably stick to being a squad leader every now and then, but I'm interested :D
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

Good question, since neither KI nor HIT actually used those ranks :roll:

It's up to each general to say what these mean. Here's what they meant back in BF42, when we started using these ranks.

General -> the ultimate leader of an army, Shrapnel and Hitman last time

Colonel, LtCol, Major -> the high command. They do more field commanding, map strategy, campaign strategy, and organizing offline

Captain -> overall leader of a squad, responsible for organizing guys in that squad offline and leading it in battle. Often step up to field command.

Lieutenant -> backup leads of a squad, help run certain aspects of it, lead when the captain isn't there or doesn't want to. Often newer players in training

Sergeant -> not technically an officer, meaning no official responsibilities in the forums or outside battledays. Don't usually field command, but can squad lead when needed especially if splitting up into 4-man crews.

A "fully stocked" officer corps might have:
- 1 general
- 3 high command, w/ different responsibilities. Eg one risk guru, one guy who runs practices, one frequent FC, etc.
- 4 squads (for example, infantry infantry armor air) each with
- 1 captain
- 2 lieutenants
- 2 sergeants

But like I said, in practice generals can organize however they want. They might choose to leave some slots empty so they have more room to promote later, or change the number of squads they have, or not have a "high command" at all and instead put everyone in a squad.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

By "squad" Cheesy means division which consists of several in-game squads. So Captain of a division, usually 3 of them, one for inf, the other for armour and the last for airforce. In this campaign you could say I was also the captain of the K1 and Rob my Lieutenant (besides both of us also being in HC).
LongBowNL
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LongBowNL »

Ow, can you add "Lieutenant, 2nd Lieutenant (officer)" to my sign up? :mrgreen: