Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

fawadforlan

Re: Sign up for Campaign 3!

Post by fawadforlan »

Undisparo wrote:when do we want to do the Reddit post? I say sooner then later so if they want to get on TS and play with us they can. We can get to know some of them that way as well.

When the video is finished :)

We should make a reddit post with the video inside of it, not a link in the title of the post. So they can read some info and then we add the poster+video there.

Maybe we can post already a small teaser, like Global Conflict Campaign 3 coming soon. With a small scene. 20 seconds is long enough.
Battlefield 3
Campaign 2 - Staff Sergeant
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Next week, when we know some information on the new armies, I can make some new posters to recruit. May I include army passwords for people to join specific sides?
fawadforlan

Post by fawadforlan »

Fields wrote:Next week, when we know some information on the new armies, I can make some new posters to recruit. May I include army passwords for people to join specific sides?
I think it's better to add an option where you can choose which army you want to join or at least which army you prefer. Because some people joins us as a group and they want to play together.
Battlefield 3
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
CountBelasarius
Executive
Executive

Post by CountBelasarius »

Hey guys, at the moment, the campaign isn't set up for 2 servers (i.e. more than 64 players) so please don't do any major advertising (like a reddit post) without checking in with TAs, Generals and Execs.

You're always welcome to do any sort of personal recruiting at any time, but in terms of doing things that would bring tons of new people to the community like last time :D , check with us and let's do some planning if we decide to go that route.

Thanks and I hope you understand! We just want to be sure we can give everyone the real =GC= experience!
lC8l - GL*FSG
lC9l - WY*COL
lC10l - GE=EMP
lC11l - 11BCPT
lC12l - AH*BRG
lC13l - CU-SGT
BF3 C1 - [WH2]
BF3 C2 - [TA]
BF3 C3 - [TA]
BF3 C4 - [TA]
BF3 C5 - [TA]
BF3 C6 - [TA]
BF4:C1 [☭] Komandir
Undisparo

Post by Undisparo »

CountBelasarius wrote:Hey guys, at the moment, the campaign isn't set up for 2 servers (i.e. more than 64 players) so please don't do any major advertising (like a reddit post) without checking in with TAs, Generals and Execs.

You're always welcome to do any sort of personal recruiting at any time, but in terms of doing things that would bring tons of new people to the community like last time :D , check with us and let's do some planning if we decide to go that route.

Thanks and I hope you understand! We just want to be sure we can give everyone the real =GC= experience!

Wait... We don't want to have 2 full servers? You should let us know before we start recruiting. I did not know this was the case. Is it too much work for 2 servers?
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

But do we have enough people do fill one server? In the end of the last campaign we had like 50-60 people showing up each battleday. Also, from that huge amount of people that signed up from the reddit promotion only a small portion remained till the end, I would expect the same from a second promotion. That might be a problem if we have to change from 2 servers to 1 again, but nothing that planning ahead can't fix.
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

I think the issue isn't that we can't cope with another influx of players (though it would make life tough), the campaign system isn't set up to run two servers simultaneously. The C2 system was simple, and so easy to modify, the current risk system is much, much more complicated.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

the current risk system would require some possible major reworking to work with 2 servers. please check with execs and TAs before doing a post on reddit or something as duke said.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

Juffalo wrote:dare we risk another reddit post ?
We should probably wait with that until the trailer is out and then post the video on reddit. That'll do it. I'm still waiting for marv to make something that explains what GC is all about for the outro...
fawadforlan

Post by fawadforlan »

bump
Battlefield 3
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

So I'm going to miss draft day, but will probably make battle day #1. Will there be a list posted somewhere of what army you end up in, or will I just sign in to GC one day and discover a new forum?
ImageImageImage
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

StarfisherEcho wrote:So I'm going to miss draft day, but will probably make battle day #1. Will there be a list posted somewhere of what army you end up in, or will I just sign in to GC one day and discover a new forum?
Yes!
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Chefcook wrote:
StarfisherEcho wrote:So I'm going to miss draft day, but will probably make battle day #1. Will there be a list posted somewhere of what army you end up in, or will I just sign in to GC one day and discover a new forum?
Yes!
Chef just volunteered to make it.
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Cool! Thanks guys.
ImageImageImage
thallus

Post by thallus »