Matches feature is live

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Matches feature is live

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Now that the option to create competitive matches is live on battlelog could we try it maybe on today's Black Ops to see if it fits GC? I really think it's a great option, it would add a little bit more of a "pro" feeling to our battledays. Also, the most important aspect for me, is being able to see all the stats after the battleday is over, if you haven't played a round you can still see who won and by how many tickets, etc. Also it's good to keep track of all the battledays stats, to reward ribbons and everything later on. I do believe it's required to create a platoon for each army to invite players from it, but that can be done easily I think. What do you guys think?
Last edited by mrBLUE9 on Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Róka

Re: Match features is live

Post by Róka »

I agree with everything. And we really need those platoons.
ImageImage
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Re: Matches feature is live

Post by .Sup »

So a pair of new platoons every campaign? Wouldn't it be easier to just invite people from existing two platoons that we have?
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

.Sup wrote:So a pair of new platoons every campaign? Wouldn't it be easier to just invite people from existing two platoons that we have?
Certainly! I thought about creating new platoons for the armies because there's a lot of people that are on the GC platoons but haven't signed up for this campaign, but just inviting from the GC platoons should also work fine. Also, everything that I know about this new feature comes from the blog post about it (http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/07/ma ... lefield-3/), since I don't have a server to test it. I think it would be good for the TA's to test it and see if it can be applied here.
TCZapper
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TCZapper »

I'd be concerned for delays and effort setting it up. How easy is it to add people right before? How easy to swap people?

Also:
Before the Match begins players may engage in a Warm-up Phase where no kills or points are counted. The Match will stay in this state until all participating players have signaled that they are ready from the pause menu.
That could cause significant problems with 64 players, a bunch of whom are new. Maybe if they allow a force start or a way to see who is not ready.
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

Pretty cool that you can uncheck specific unlocks. I'd love to see Metro in a GC setting without any explosives.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Regarding attendance we will be using our ABC tool for that. And honestly since administrating the battlelog platoons is a pain in the but, and adding new one will require even more attention my initial gut-feeling would be negative.

Disclaimer: I haven't looked into the new feature and are shooting from the hip here.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

TCZapper wrote: Also:
Before the Match begins players may engage in a Warm-up Phase where no kills or points are counted. The Match will stay in this state until all participating players have signaled that they are ready from the pause menu.
That could cause significant problems with 64 players, a bunch of whom are new. Maybe if they allow a force start or a way to see who is not ready.
Yeah that's a problem. AFK player delays the battle for everyone. If there was an option that admin could start the game anyway, even if not all are ready it yet then that would solve the problem.
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

sushi25 wrote:And honestly since administrating the battlelog platoons is a pain in the but, and adding new one will require even more attention my initial gut-feeling would be negative.
I have poked around in battlelog and I cant find any way to add a player to a platoon with out that player ether applying / or accepting an invite.

But the accepting of applied players and/or sending invites can be implemented in the abc if needed.
For example, auto accept applying players from that are in army X or send out invites to all/new players i army Y

So the admin side of things can be made light.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Lets not be hasty! If I understood .sup correctly the tool is requiring for everybody who signed to actually show for a round to start. That being the case we can totally forget it:

GC members are notoriously unpredictable/unreliable when it comes to attendance. That combined with our change of server it will lead to absolute chaos if we would have to wait for a certain member to show. And no we do not want to change our open philosophy here, GC is no Clan, but a fun-community with no attendance obligation whatsoever.

GC generally is first come first play basis, unless we grant premium rights to those who signed up on those who were lazy.
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

sushi25 wrote:Lets not be hasty! If I understood .sup correctly the tool is requiring for everybody who signed to actually show for a round to start. That being the case we can totally forget it:

GC members are notoriously unpredictable/unreliable when it comes to attendance. That combined with our change of server it will lead to absolute chaos if we would have to wait for a certain member to show. And no we do not want to change our open philosophy here, GC is no Clan, but a fun-community with no attendance obligation whatsoever.

GC generally is first come first play basis, unless we grant premium rights to those who signed up on those who were lazy.
From what I understood you can accept the invite and don't go, I think Sup was talking about the warming up phase that happens before the rounding begin, but I think it's a good thing, the round only starts when everybody types ready or something, the generals could be the last ones to type or the TA's. We would not start a round if everybody is not ready anyways since the generals would not allow it.

But I really think we should test this thing, otherwise we are just making suppositions here.

EDIT: Ok, I think I get it what Sup was trying to say, that the game can only start when there's 64 players in the server. Well, again I think we need to test it, it may have an option for the admin to start anyway, or a check box to start with fewer players.
MotherFo™

Post by MotherFo™ »

would this feature force things to be ranked or change the focus away from teamplay and more on stats?
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

motherfo wrote:would this feature force things to be ranked or change the focus away from teamplay and more on stats?
There's the option to have all unlocks, which I think it means it's unranked.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

@mBLUE: it is the TA's starting rounds - we do have a time limit between rounds - so no we are not waiting till everybody gave his approval (we will never start if we wait for last guys on the server to come back from the fridge) and we do not need a feature to start with a certain number of players only in the first place. As a courtesy the HQ's are asked if they are ready, but we will not use a tool for that - it will only prolong everybody's waiting time.

Lets not make things more complicated than they already are. Testing is fine with me, but guys be realistic, as I said GC is a quit unorganized bunch of gamers. :wink:
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Ok, no worries, it was just an idea to add some stats for our battledays.