Off, 3D spotting should be off
63%

Total votes: 80

Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Vote 3D spotting On or Off

Post by Ash2Dust »

GC campaigns are constantly evolving with its members and whenever all-knowing DICE changes things. BF3 Camp 1 had 3D spotting off. Due to the impact of the hard to see SoFlams wrecking havoc on vehicles, 3D spotting was voted on for camp 2 as a solution. Many patches later affecting (Vehicles, Javelins and Soflams) and input from the community, this hotly contested topic is again up for vote.

Votes can be changed at any time until Friday night when the vote outcome will be posted and the thread locked.
Please keep the discussion civil, we understand theres strong emotional opinions on why this is wrong or right. Your opinion is not wrong or right, collectively we are voting to put this issue to rest.
Undisparo

Re: Vote 3D spotting On or Off

Post by Undisparo »

Let the games begin.... I love you all. After all is said and done, lets just have fun with the game.

No need to rage on people.
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Undisparo wrote:Let the games begin.... I love you all. After all is said and done, lets just have fun with the game.

I'd love you if you'd stop killing me with a shotgun! :lol: Just kidding, let's all remember that in the end we are here to have fun and make friends. (Except koffein, I think he should be expelled and put into a boat in the ocean)
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

Havent changed my opinion. Too blind for Doritoless Play.
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

What???? Noooooooooos Chef you simply can't do this to me! I was so looking forward in seeing you and Styphon fight it out again ..... Now wait ...... Styphon, maybe if you could change your mind also .... I mean if Chef is able to do it you should be able also :twisted:
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

The game is so much more dynamic with 3d spotting off. Vote cast.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

The game is so much more dynamic with it turned off. Vote cast.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

I would like to offer a 3rd option, which is having it turned on for "air" (jets, not helis) maps, but off for others.

I'm an infantry person, the only time I fly during Bf3 is in order to do airdrops, but I recognise how massive the change in the game is for air/jet players. Armour can manage without 3D spotting, for infantry combat (at least my style which is "hide") is much better with it off, but jets can seriously struggle.

If were possible to only vote for 3D spotting enabled for jets themselves that'd be my vote, but I know that isn't doable. This is the next best thing, even if it will slightly dull the infantry experience for jet maps.
Last edited by Gwynzer on Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

sushi25 wrote:What???? Noooooooooos Chef you simply can't do this to me! I was so looking forward in seeing you and Styphon fight it out again ..... Now wait ...... Styphon, maybe if you could change your mind also .... I mean if Chef is able to do it you should be able also :twisted:
I think you misunderstood me, Sushi!

I want 3D Spotting ON!

Bring it, Styphon!
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
kevalalajnen

Post by kevalalajnen »

Well if we are, I think if you do it should be when you make it, or else it will be without.
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

Gwynzer wrote:I would like to offer a 3rd option, which is having it turned on for "air" (jets, not helis) maps, but off for others.

I'm an infantry person, the only time I fly during Bf3 is in order to do airdrops, but I recognise how massive the change in the game is for air/jet players. Armour can manage without 3D spotting, for infantry combat (at least my style which is "hide") is much better with it off, but jets can seriously struggle.

If were possible to only vote for 3D spotting enabled for jets themselves that'd be my vote, but I know that isn't doable. This is the next best thing, even if it will slightly dull the infantry experience for jet maps.
I am a Tankdriver and i cant see crap!
So i want 3D Spotting ON on all Tank maps.
As a Pilot you can get to high Altitude and look for movement on the ground (easier to spot). :o
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

Guys, this is not a discussion. Discussions are long over due. We had scrims with 3D on and off so don't try to convince anyone why it should be on or off. Just vote and let the sweat go its own way from under the armpit.
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

Undisparo wrote:Let the games begin.... I love you all. After all is said and done, lets just have fun with the game.

Totally agree. Either way, a large group of us won't be totally satisfied. Oh well. It should still be fun.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A[/youtube]
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

I believe Gwynzer's option is the best option for a good compromise (especially with the addition of infantry only versions of maps this campaign), but as it is not an option I voted on.

edit: for informational purposes, there would be a max of 11 out of 42 maps used this campaign where we would have it on if the compromise case was used, and it might be smaller than that as I'm not sure if a few of those 11 maps actually still get jets on the conquest 32 versions.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died