Draft question

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

V_

Draft question

Post by V_ »

Two things:
A) is the draft being held today or tomorrow? ABC says tomorrow, but I thought I heard that it switched to today?
B) How does the live component work? Are players actually allowed to sit in while the Gen's are hashing it out (like gym class)?
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Draft question

Post by styphon »

BlackIce wrote:Two things:
A) is the draft being held today or tomorrow? ABC says tomorrow, but I thought I heard that it switched to today?
B) How does the live component work? Are players actually allowed to sit in while the Gen's are hashing it out (like gym class)?
Draft is held tomorrow at SBT.

Yes, the draft is held live. You will all be able to listen in as the generals make their picks.
V_

Post by V_ »

Ok, thanks. Is priority given to the people who are there, or something? And how long is it expected to last?
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

BlackIce wrote:Ok, thanks. Is priority given to the people who are there, or something? And how long is it expected to last?
No priority is given to people there. Everyone signed up on ABC is drafted. Those who are there just get the joys of finding out which army they are in first.

It'll last a while as there are over 100 people to draft, although both Generals will have prepared ahead of time, so will have an idea of who they want.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

As Styphon said and it is exactly as in Gym class, only that everybody who signed up in the ABC gets drafted including the signups who do not listen in. Please note that Styphon and I wrote listen, your mikes will be muted during the draft.
V_

Post by V_ »

sushi25 wrote:Please note that Styphon and I wrote listen, your mikes will be muted during the draft.
Haha, that makes a lot of sense. Imagine what would happen if Fields was there. 8O
Coloneluber

Post by Coloneluber »

BlackIce wrote:
sushi25 wrote:Please note that Styphon and I wrote listen, your mikes will be muted during the draft.
Haha, that makes a lot of sense. Imagine what would happen if Fields was there. 8O
Fields is an officer and could very well be there. :P
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

Whilst mikes are muted a lot of chat goes on in the channel via text. It's always good fun :).
fawadforlan

Post by fawadforlan »

styphon wrote:Whilst mikes are muted a lot of chat goes on in the channel via text. It's always good fun :).

Never click the .img or .gif links in the TS chat! Last time I clicked I saw a .gif where someone was killing a ribbit with his bare hands 8O
Battlefield 3
Campaign 2 - Staff Sergeant
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
V_

Post by V_ »

Coloneluber wrote:Fields is an officer and could very well be there. :P
crap.

Haha, Joking. Fields is cool enough. :P
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

fawadforlan wrote:Last time I clicked I saw a .gif where someone was killing a ribbit with his bare hands 8O
I don't know about killing rabbits... but everyone should know how to field dress a rabbit:
VIDEO REMOVED!

Disclaimer: I've never field dressed a rabbit.
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
styphon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by styphon »

zorplex wrote: I don't know about killing rabbits... but everyone should know how to field dress a rabbit:
VIDEO REMOVED!

Disclaimer: I've never field dressed a rabbit.
Please don't post videos like that. If you have to just link to it with a clear description of what is in it. Remember, some people may be sensitive to that sort of thing.
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

Okay, sorry about that, I just thought it was rather fascinating. I know this is way off topic, but if people are that disturbed by animal processing and preparation, they should consider eating vegetarian if they aren't already.
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Aw, so I shouldn't post the video about how to dress a deer :(
ImageImageImage
CountBelasarius
Executive