Check out the new Aftermath weapon :)

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Róka

Re: Check out the new Aftermath weapon :)

Post by Róka »

Cheesy wrote:I don't think that's a crossbow, isn't it the zipline from BF2: Special Forces? I would love to see that back in the GC mix.

Yeah I'm hoping, but they always mentioned
wizekraker wrote:Yeah..I noticed people mention this on facebook..
But notice how they said "WEAPON" :roll:
ImageImage
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

It would be really nice the option to change the ammo, so you can use like normal arrows, explosive arrows or ziplines :P
I use to love the zipline in BF2
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Hmm... perhaps the crossbow will remove the Magnum from my #1 Weapon spot on battlefield...
Image[/url]
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

I actually felt ziplines were cool, AND as tasteless as freckles on a pancake. You were usually attacking a higher ground as an attacker. So no zipping 95% of the time. But for the defender, the BF2 zipline had the very hard to hit lag hit box and you could spread out to nice camp spots on the Special Forces maps (only SF exp maps had zip/grap).

The only feature I felt was worthy in BF2 Special Forces were the grappling hooks. While buggy on some buildings, it was priceless to climb up to any rooftoop. It made every SF map 3 dimensional.
Chemical2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Chemical2 »

CoD black ops yo
''Be polite, be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.'' The sniper
BF3
C2: Staff Sergeant - Hitcorp
C3: 1st Lieutenant - Dark army
C4: 1st Lieutenant - Starfishers coffee initiative
C5: PFC - Legion of Doom
ICallIDTheft

Post by ICallIDTheft »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcO5ajxGenc[/youtube]

Check out this trailer as well. I actually like that they are going for an interesting theme rather than just putting in 4 new maps that play like Seine Crossing 32 but are a bit more destroyed.
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Oh cmon, dat support guy looks so fking badass.
Edit: btw, the problem with the zipline, just imagine if you can have that as a weapon or some kind of attachment to your crossbow, the premium users would have an incredible advantage over the normal player to reach camping spots.

Edit2: New full info video by JackFrags. Vehicles names, crossbow ammo, maps, etc etc

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwP6EVu_IgU[/youtube]
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

A very informative preview from MP1st:
http://mp1st.com/2012/10/18/dice-shakes ... c-preview/

And the new Vodnik with 2 mounted machine-guns
fawadforlan

Post by fawadforlan »

They said something about civilian vehicles, we will probably also see something like this:

Battlefield 3
Campaign 2 - Staff Sergeant
Campaign 3 - Captain
Campaign 4 - Private
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

one thing's for sure, 'twill be sexy as fek! 8)
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

RazY70 wrote:Image
Is that front MG an open turret like in BC2? I used to love shooting people out of those from in front of their face.
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

This unique, makeshift crossbow (a heavily-modified assault rifle, in actuality) takes up a spot in your equipment slot and doesn’t replace your primary or secondary weapon slots. While it is just one weapon, it includes two variations and sports four different ways to kill. Yes, you’ll have four different bolt-types to choose from when wielding this bad boy, as well as two different sights: the red-dot or 8X rifle scope. Your bolts include the standard tip (mid-range, mid-damage ), the scan bolt tip (proximity detector), the high-explosive bolt tip (great for vehicles) and the balanced bolt tip (long-range). The best part about this particular weapon is that you’ll be able to bring it back into regular or other expansion playlists and maps, as with previous DLC weapons.

Cleaning B flag on Bazaar it´s going to be way more funnier.
PD: i hope we can "tracer dart" our squadmates with the tug´s bolt :P OR any other vehicle. Shoot a Tugs bolt at an heli...voilá you have proximity scan :lol:

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
daskro
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by daskro »

I too did a trailer analysis video, this video was way way too much fun to make.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUf9f0mP6Qc[/youtube]

Here is the reddit link, please give me an upvote!
http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/co ... _analysis/
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

daskro wrote:I too did a trailer analysis video, this video was way way too much fun to make.

Upvoted :)

Seriously thought, what the hell is a Tactical Assault Crossbow? Unless something like the Revolution TV series occurs you'd only see it in regular military use if you had a time machine. Sure, special forces might find a rare use for one in some very specific activities, but I can't think of anything else. Couldn't find much on the internetz either

Still, it's unique and cool weapon to have in Aftermath. BTW not sure if many of you caught it but EA Update released extra gameplay footage (I trimmed the junk out):
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J6klEjWZ-g[/youtube]

You can see the crossbow with what seems to be an explosive tip. It also has a "magazine" of 10 arrows. I wonder what it might be like in damage compared to say an M320?
daskro
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by daskro »

RazY70 wrote:
daskro wrote:I too did a trailer analysis video, this video was way way too much fun to make.

Upvoted :)

Seriously thought, what the hell is a Tactical Assault Crossbow? Unless something like the Revolution TV series occurs you'd only see it in regular military use if you had a time machine. Sure, special forces might find a rare use for one in some very specific activities, but I can't think of anything else. Couldn't find much on the internetz either
Why would you want to use it? well for one if you were a felon you could use it legally if you used PSE's non-ar15 lower.

Secondly there are some hunting sports where bow hunting is allowed where centerfire is not, and some guys may want to simply trade out a crossbow onto their AR-15 after they've spent good time and money on putting a better trigger and stock on it.