Check out the new Aftermath weapon :)

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Check out the new Aftermath weapon :)

Post by RazY70 »

Last edited by RazY70 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hgx

Re: Check out the new Aftermath weapon :)

Post by Hgx »

Nice
Róka

Post by Róka »

I don't like the idea of a crossbow... but whatever. I am excited to see how GC battles will be in Aftermath urban environments. Suppressive/Assault squads spreading out, sneaking between flags. Recon/Suppressive squads defending flags from across the streets, hidden in windows, etc.
ImageImage
tehman

Post by tehman »

I hope that this is a piss take.

It just seems a bit... childish.
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

... This had better be some sort of bad joke.

I look forward to shooting people out of helicopters with crossbows. Also, it had better have a ridiculous reload time.
ImageImageImage
wizekraker
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by wizekraker »

Yeah..Im all down to new guns but this...?
unless its new mode which involves using this..
but seriously...
V_

Post by V_ »

It's too early to tell, honestly. At first glance it seems childish and too much like COD, but I still have a few fragments of hope in DICE left to cling to...
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

"Childish"? "Bad joke"?! So YOU PEOPLE are the ones stopping DICE from moving forward with the BF Dinosaur initiative!

Maybe your right that these can't be propperly balanced. Maybe they don't fit in alongside modern high power rifles. Perhaps they'll just be a novelty item used once and forgotten by the majority of players. But maybe, just maybe, they'll be a new game mechanic offering new and interesting options to the players that were previously unavailable.

Also, it's not as if we've never seen cross bows in BF. Zip lines people, zip lines! If that isn't made an alternate use for the weapons, I'll be sorely disappointed.
Last edited by zorplex on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
wizekraker
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by wizekraker »

zorplex wrote:"Childish"? "Bad joke"?! So YOU PEOPLE are the ones stopping DICE from moving forward with the BF Dinosaur initiative!

Maybe your right that these can't be propperly balanced. Maybe they don't fit in alongside modern high power rifles. Perhaps they'll just be a novelty item used once and forgotten by the majority of players. But maybe, just maybe, they'll be a new game mechanic offering new and interesting options to the players that were previously unavailable.

Also, we've already seen crossbows in BF2, though not as weapons. Zip lines people, zip lines! If that isn't made an alternate use for the weapons, I'll be sorely disappointed.
Yeah..I noticed people mention this on facebook..Although I never played BF2 this would pretty neat indeed.
But notice how they said "WEAPON" :roll:
Last edited by wizekraker on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

DICE PR people are saying it's real. This is what the soldiers resort too when they're in an earthquake devastated urban territory and cannot resort to conventional weapons. Apparently we have more to come in the vehicles they're gonna add.

Images come to mind...
http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/zombie ... 089377.jpg
Last edited by Fields on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Henidhor
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Henidhor »

Looks like DICE is trying to compete with some of the latest medieval combat games such as War of the Roses and Chivalry.

Edit: (That was a joke, by the way. I think it looks awesome - crossbows are always cool in my book!)
Last edited by Henidhor on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
BF3:
C2: [K22S] Kinetic Influence - Senior Operative
C3: [PI3d] PRIDe - Lieutenant
C4: [G1S] Gladius - Sergeant
C5: [KYT] Kitten Adventure Rainbow Time - Private 1st Class
C6: [SIP] International Monetary Fund - Private
BF4
C1: [AD] Allied Forces - Private
Róka

Post by Róka »

I was looking forward to it being like this:
Róka wrote: Suppressive/Assault squads spreading out, sneaking between flags. Recon/Suppressive squads defending flags from across the streets, hidden in windows, etc.
not this:
Henidhor wrote:Looks like DICE is trying to compete with some of the latest medieval combat games such as War of the Roses and Chivalry.
although I don't mind this:
Fields wrote: Images come to mind...
but in an urban environment, using that on the streets is just asking for a sniper to shoot you, and you can't get revived in a vehicle.
ImageImage
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Róka wrote: but in an urban environment, using that on the streets is just asking for a sniper to shoot you, and you can't get revived in a vehicle.
We already have jeeps with no protection besides a roll cage and 4 wheel off-road bikes that leave you entirely open to getting snipped. What's new about potentially getting shot in a vehicle?
Róka

Post by Róka »

Fields wrote:
Róka wrote: but in an urban environment, using that on the streets is just asking for a sniper to shoot you, and you can't get revived in a vehicle.
We already have jeeps with no protection besides a roll cage and 4 wheel off-road bikes that leave you entirely open to getting snipped. What's new about potentially getting shot in a vehicle?
My point is we'll be playing in an urban environment meaning there can be a sniper hidden anywhere and parking a car right between two buildings will leave a person much more vulnerable than driving a high-speed quad bike across a desert.
ImageImage
Cheesy
Executive
Executive

Post by Cheesy »

I don't think that's a crossbow, isn't it the zipline from BF2: Special Forces? I would love to see that back in the GC mix.