No gun glitch survey

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Which server have you experienced the no gun bug on?

EU
55%
NA
33%
None
13%

Total votes: 95

Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Re: No gun glitch survey

Post by Gwynzer »

Happened to me a few times on EUBO. Sometimes just my primary weapon was lost, othertimes my other weapons were gone too. Occasionally I could get things back by knifing or throwing a kit, once by dying and being ressed. Other times, I had to rejoin (which is an ass when you're currently in the middle of a flag defense, you can't restart as you need all the bodies in the zone)
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

We had a report that getting into a vehicle that would render hands (ATV or jeep) and sitting in the driver seat for a few seconds would solve it. Or at least it worked for one guy, maybe.

Next time we should set up a corral for all the gun glitched people to mill around and stare at each other.
ImageImageImage
expandas
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by expandas »

I tend to come across this bug if I bail out of an air vehicle and land without using my parachute. Has anyone else been able to "reproduce" it?
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

I tend to come across this bug if I bail out of an air vehicle and land without using my parachute. Has anyone else been able to "reproduce" it?
yeah, landing in the water, and i too didn't have a gun.
but getting out of the water fixed it.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Gonzo
Executive
Executive

Post by Gonzo »

Happened to me on Armored Shield in the EUBO. Actually towards the end of the second round, 3 of the 4 guys in my squad didn't have a weapon, rendering us useless. Could'nt get rid of it either, until the next round.
.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

First time this ever happened to me was this Saturday on Armoured shield map. The whole last round I played without any sort of gun and even the rounds before the last one I had problems.
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

Same here on Saturday on AS for a couple of minutes....then it magically reappeared.
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
archdirtydigger
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by archdirtydigger »

Necromancer wrote:
archdirtydigger wrote:I also had an episode where I only could move my guy sideways - I couldn´t shoot, move in any other direction or do anything constructively. Fixed it by suicide.
Anone else experienced this? Is it a bug or just crappy luck?
saw it happen once on karkand in one of the Battledays, and this EUBO on Armored shield.
did it happen to you on revive? ask someone to kill/revive you, it fixes the problem.
It happened on Oman/Rush inside a building when I tried to mount my LMG on a windowsill. I was fine before and after I had suicided.
BF3C4: Image
BF3C5: Sergeant
BF3C6: Image
BF4C1:--
BF4C2: Image
BF4C3: LN7 Image
BF4C4: JANUS
BF4C5: KTSS
BF4C6: Image
DaFi

Post by DaFi »

archdirtydigger wrote:I had the gunglitch again in EUBO 8 jan (together with a bunch more people). I also had an episode where I only could move my guy sideways - I couldn´t shoot, move in any other direction or do anything constructively. Fixed it by suicide.
Anone else experienced this? Is it a bug or just crappy luck?
Had this bug twice on Grand Bazaar last Battleday. First time was fixed by getting killed and revived by AdmiralGiggles. Second time was worse... Dont know exactly what happend. I believe I could shoot and walk again (after getting shot and revived), but my screen was gone. Could fix it by respawning. So not to bad, compared to the nogun glitch.

Which I had a couple times on Armoured Shield. Suicided into the enemy so many times on this map, because of this bug... But I could fix it, or it fixed itself every time. First time I saw my weapon was back, just when I was about to hit the quit button (Lucky me, sincce Origin was running in Offline mode at the time). Dont know if you noticed, but you also dont have a weapon symbol where you select your weapons during the nogun glitch. So all the other times, I switched classes and weapons until I saw a weapon again. Also hit ESC and options a couple times. Dont know if any of those things actually helped. But I always got my weapon back after a while.
Battlelog/Origin: DaveFi
BF3C4 Gladius - BF3C5 Legion of Doom - BF3C6 United Nations Security Council
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

DaFi wrote: Dont know if you noticed, but you also dont have a weapon symbol where you select your weapons during the nogun glitch.
what do you mean? what symbol?

i think this glitch is a result of a lot of things (DICE didn't fix it for more then a year).
and is not easy to "fix" as we think. i got my weapon back twice by drawing out the knife, and taught i found the fix, but it didn't work third time, or ever since :?
i was standing still waiting for my tank to respawn, when suddenly my weapon was gone. 30 secs later, still standing in the same spot, it was back again. so apparently it has more to do then just our own client, which also means you probably can't fix it yourself.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
DaFi

Post by DaFi »

Necromancer wrote:
DaFi wrote: Dont know if you noticed, but you also dont have a weapon symbol where you select your weapons during the nogun glitch.
what do you mean? what symbol?
http://i.imgur.com/SVaNa.jpg

So I was switching classes and pressing buttons while I was dead, waiting for those weapons to come back. And then spawn in with a weapon.
Battlelog/Origin: DaveFi
BF3C4 Gladius - BF3C5 Legion of Doom - BF3C6 United Nations Security Council
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

I find it strange that some people get this glitch so often, when it has only happened to me once in the 600+ hours I've played. Maybe it's a combination of button pushes or actions that causes it, and the people that it happens to unknowingly do it frequently.
ImageImage
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

DaFi wrote: sincce Origin was running in Offline mode at the time).
kind of makes me nervous...
I just noticed that I had a few probs with orging to be offline when I started BF3 in the last weeks, also sometimes the cloud has a different save point and it has to , kind of, update the HD files. never had this stuff going on before and the no gun started around the same time ( if I start to think about it...)
just 2c
thallus

Post by thallus »

I used to only get the gun glitch on the EU server. Just this past game day 1/12/2012 it happened several times on the NA while on Sharqui Penninsula Only. I've never had it happen on NA Black Ops.

Just putting my info out there to help discover a trend.
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Got it on Sharqi when spawning in second round, all the sudden had no gun. Tried various things like suiciding, getting a jeep, etc. Interesting thing was that the jeep didn't make any noise when I drove it. It would start to make a noise then stop.

Relogging fixed it for the rest of the rounds.
ImageImageImage