Confirm!!! Confirm!!! BF4 is coming out 2014 instead of 2013

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

V_

Re: Confirm!!! Confirm!!! BF4 is coming out 2014 instead of

Post by V_ »

matsif wrote:see shrap's comment, bf2 had this problem as did bc2 as did bf3 from what I hear (didn't play bf3 until at least 6 months after release)
So is GC gonna use BF4 then? Personally, I'm against it, those EA money-grubbing bastards. I suppose we won't be able to decide until we can determine how broken the game is though - at the very least we should wait the 6 months like Mastif said.
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

I'd be happy sticking with bf3 for a while even after bf4 comes out. We have a LOT of maps to play with, especially with aftermath/endgame.
The transition will probably take a while anyway, it takes time for 80+ people to all buy an expensive game and make sure their hardware can run it.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Calloutman wrote:I'd be happy sticking with bf3 for a while even after bf4 comes out. We have a LOT of maps to play with, especially with aftermath/endgame.
The transition will probably take a while anyway, it takes time for 80+ people to all buy an expensive game and make sure their hardware can run it.
I think a lot of this also may depend on the features that BF4 comes with. If it DOES implement some sort of FC system, then I can see GC transitioning to it a lot quicker than if it wouldn't.

Of course that's just my personal speculation though.
Image[/url]
thallus

Post by thallus »

I hope they bring in VoIP in game.
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

In-game voip
Spectator mode
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

spectator mode would be great.
in-game voip is awesome for public play.
commander mode is awesome for GC.

i guess the transition to BF4 depends on how much we would like BF4 and how many will buy it.
if it'll be less buggy and favor GC play style more then BF3 (like having Commander mode) then i believe more of us will buy it sooner and the transition will be quicker. i thought that BF3 would be an improved BF2 and pre-ordered it (and i was sooo wrong).
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

Strange, my post seems to be lost. So here it is again:

Experience shows that the better partof our players will buy a new BF-game asap. We will look into it and following our playerbase most likely-if it proves to be playabe GC style - switch pretty soon after the release. My best guess atm is, tha t if the way to go isn't obvious upon release of BF4, we will put this descission up to the supporting members.
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

I can't justify paying full price for the next BF4 at launch with how BF3 was marketed and sold. I payed $110 for BF3 and Premium when each was launched. Had I waited just 3 months to purchase either, I would have paid half of that. In fact, before the first anniversary of BF3, the Premium edition could be purchased for less than $30.

I definitely won't wait an extra year for BF4, but I certainly won't be getting it at launch.
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

I will pre-order it.
I know its wrong. I know I will waste money. I know I will be slightly upset.
:?
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Ghoul
8.Lord
8.Lord

Post by Ghoul »

I'll buy it day one if they incorporate akimbo mode (duel pistols) and diving ala Action half life :) Nothing better than getting shot up and diving sideways out a glass window on the top of a skyscraper to escape via parachute James Bond style!

Imagine the movies we could make :lol:
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

I probably won't buy it until a good few months after release. I can't justify buying games at full price anymore..
Image[/url]
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

If it has commander mode, spectator mode/battle recorder, etc, I'll buy it out of the gate and support a soon as possible switch. But if it's just a glorified BF3 expansion, then meh, wait for a sale.
ImageImageImage
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

assuming I'm not as broke as I am right now, if it has commander mode and some other nice things in it I'll probably pre-order it. if it is just a glorified bf3, I'll hold off until it's on sale. given EA's track record of horribly buggy initial releases and hardly making any improvements over the beta/demo, unless it has something special in it I highly doubt they will get full price from me.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
ShadowRado
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ShadowRado »

I still think that no one should pre-order a digital product. That being said and i sure we will see a ton of pre-release footage of game play i"m going to buy it on day one and enjoy it because it will be new and fun just like bf3 was and still is but you know how great it is to sink your teeth into something new!!!!
ImageDoomKitten