Confirm!!! Confirm!!! BF4 is coming out 2014 instead of 2013

Post by Snow1Wolf »

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/31/ ... -next-year

YES

YES

YES

MY PANTS JUST EXPLODED...

PLEASE DEVELOP IT LONGER FOR THE LOVE OF fraking PKP

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE.
For CAFFEINE!!!!!
Hgx

Re: Confirm!!! Confirm!!! BF4 is coming out 2014 instead of

Post by Hgx »

Well, that's nice but I always thought that they were going to release a beta in december, and the game in 2014.

I hope they actually play BF 4 while in development. They need get into the game, like PS2 or DotA 2 devs.
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

naaa, experience showed they have a tentancy to only look at the game after the release and than start to bugfix ...
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

sushi25 wrote:naaa, experience showed they have a tentancy to only look at the game after the release and than start to bugfix ...
yep. the game may release in 2014, but it probably shouldn't be released until 2015 at the earliest.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Snow1Wolf

Post by Snow1Wolf »

matsif wrote:
sushi25 wrote:naaa, experience showed they have a tentancy to only look at the game after the release and than start to bugfix ...
yep. the game may release in 2014, but it probably shouldn't be released until 2015 at the earliest.
Why? Do you care to elaborate your thought please?
For CAFFEINE!!!!!
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

Pessimist mode on:

"They say a new BF game is going to be release on 2014 BUT they didnt told you which game will be." Take into account they also said that there will be NO MORE Medal of Honors for a while, at least till pass 2014. Is EA not going to release any game for october-november?

Could it be that we have BF4 THIS year, and on the next one BC3... Time will tell.

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

Snow1Wolf wrote:
matsif wrote:
Every BF release so far has been full of bugs and stupid stuff that makes you think "Didn't you fix this in the last BF? Why would you roll it back in this one?" on release. Usually the patch that makes it playable comes out about a year after release.
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Snow1Wolf wrote:
matsif wrote:
see shrap's comment, bf2 had this problem as did bc2 as did bf3 from what I hear (didn't play bf3 until at least 6 months after release)
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

I like to think that the next game might not include mandatory game-breaking battlelog/origin DRM. One can dream...
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

Fields wrote:I like to think that the next game might not include mandatory game-breaking battlelog/origin DRM. One can dream...
I dno, I find Battlelog pretty useful and good working, it would be the best if they had an ingame browser as well ofc.
And for Origin, I don't mind it.
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

The no-gun glitch and constant server instability seem related to EA/DICE's regional authentication servers. According to the folks at NFO, there's a severe flaw currently being exploited to randomly DoS servers. Last night we had that happen to both servers while we were practicing, and that was only ~12 people on the server.

If it actually worked, I wouldn't mind. But ever since the Aftermath patch, every battleday has been marred with some level of instability and round-breaking gun glitches. I really hope that they sort this out for their next iteration.
ImageImageImage
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Sarantini wrote:
Fields wrote:I like to think that the next game might not include mandatory game-breaking battlelog/origin DRM. One can dream...
I dno, I find Battlelog pretty useful and good working, it would be the best if they had an ingame browser as well ofc.
And for Origin, I don't mind it.
I'll admit that I like spamming hooahs, even though EA put a cap on it :roll:.
It still doesn't make up for the forced friends list import to Origin without EA realizing the two services had different caps on friends, the recent full wipe of my friends list for no apparent reason, battlelog getting hacked and getting malicious links put in their polls, broken stat tracking, the countless number of times battlelog has failed to launch my game forcing me to close out and restart Origin and the time I was locked out of my account for ~3 days because they couldn't sync their authentication correctly between the two services.

Honestly, if it was just one or the other I probably wouldn't have this much trouble. The fact that you need Origin AND battlelog to play the game is a design flaw. You must have had a very different experience with the services then me, because it barely works on my end. :lol:
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

the design is great, theoretically.
but the fact is you have to have a battlog plugin for every type of (popular) browser, and you need the battlelog to communicate with the origin and BF3 to launch the game. it can work in theory, but nothing is perfect in the real world. and the more links you have in that chain, the higher the probability BF won't start.

Introducing more bugs every patch? thats really beyond me.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

yaaaayyy... :|
daskro
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by daskro »

The original earnings call stated it would be released in 2014, but generally when a company exec makes a comment about release dates they refer to their fiscal year, not calender year. EA's 2014 Fiscal year starts well before the 2014 calendar year.