Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: GC Trailer #2

Post by undrt0w »

someone posted this cool site earlier - http://freemusicarchive.org

there is a lot of classical orchestral stuff in it plus soundtrack music that we can use under CC...each track has info on what you can do with it.
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Since the GC channel doesn't have any kind of partnership we can use some epic songs from good bands by just allowing them to put their own ADS at the beginning of the video.

I SHALL RECOMMEND SABATON! EPIC WAR MUSIC FTW (im sure Flummi is with me)
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

LoA, you have great taste in scoring, framing and overall cinematography; I envy you. Does the free camera also add the fixed camera position relative to the jet or is that done some other way I'm unaware of?

I realize most people want to use scripted/acted footage, but consider the following: What if we have more traditional BDs the next couple weeks and dedicate a couple free camera operators on either side to capture the battles? The only downside is it doesn't necessarily mean all the great moments will be captured as they can't be everywhere at once and there will be a TONNE of unused (read: boring) footage. But I am curious how real battles would appear from a hawk-eye view or third person/over the shoulder and would love to see real battles from different perspectives.

I'm willing to bet trying to get good footage this way would be much more difficult, but if we are planning to play anyway, I think it's worth trying. At the very least, we might be able to incorporate some of the captured footage in a montage or something in the final scripted/acted film.
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
PapayaGiver

Post by PapayaGiver »

This is a really cool idea. Calloutman's script is awesome in my opinion and provides a great base to work on. The idea of starting focused on an infantry soldier is also nice but I think it doesn't involve all divisions in the same manner. As for the music, it'd be great to start with the orchestra when doing the scenery shots only to switch to the fury of Sabaton with the gameplay footage :twisted: . Count me in for acting!
Liljedahls

Post by Liljedahls »

Im in. Just say when.
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

zorplex wrote:LoA, you have great taste in scoring, framing and overall cinematography; I envy you. Does the free camera also add the fixed camera position relative to the jet or is that done some other way I'm unaware of?

I realize most people want to use scripted/acted footage, but consider the following: What if we have more traditional BDs the next couple weeks and dedicate a couple free camera operators on either side to capture the battles? The only downside is it doesn't necessarily mean all the great moments will be captured as they can't be everywhere at once and there will be a TONNE of unused (read: boring) footage. But I am curious how real battles would appear from a hawk-eye view or third person/over the shoulder and would love to see real battles from different perspectives.

I'm willing to bet trying to get good footage this way would be much more difficult, but if we are planning to play anyway, I think it's worth trying. At the very least, we might be able to incorporate some of the captured footage in a montage or something in the final scripted/acted film.
Thanks! :) Yes, the freecam tool can lock onto any vehicles, right now these vehicles are available:

MAV (Definitely the best free-look camera atm as it can be used on every single map and it's easy to maneuver)
F-18 (US Jet)
SU-35 (RU Jet)
F-35 (US hover jet)
Quad bike
Viper (US Chopper)
TV-Missile
Liljedahls

Post by Liljedahls »

LoA wrote:TV-Missile
Oh. Taking down another chopper with the tv-missile while sticking the cam to it. Me like!
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

I have our music.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg0GZBIcJg8[/youtube]

1. It's composed & preformed by an independent chiptunes composer. It would probably be as easy as writing him an email to ask for formal permission to use a clip of his music in our video. No massive corporations or publishers to work through!

2. Youtube's IP recognition won't pick it up.

3. It's named after one of our members.
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

Fields wrote:I have our music.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg0GZBIcJg8[/youtube]

1. It's composed & preformed by an independent chiptunes composer. It would probably be as easy as writing him an email to ask for formal permission to use a clip of his music in our video. No massive corporations or publishers to work through!

2. Youtube's IP recognition won't pick it up.

3. It's named after one of our members.
Oh yes! This now!