GC Tournament #4 - CONGRATS TO DIE GIWENNATOREN!

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: GC 4v4 Tournament #4 - Poll favors CONQUEST & closes Fri

Post by haruky »

All sign-ups have been updated.

The polls are currently: 29 - 28 in favor of CONQUEST.
Image[/url]
axeman22222

Re: GC 4v4 Tournament #4 - Poll favors RUSH & closes Friday!

Post by axeman22222 »

You mean 29-28 in favor of squad rush because two people switched from conquest.....
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: GC 4v4 Tournament #4 - Poll favors RUSH & closes Friday!

Post by haruky »

axeman22222 wrote:You mean 29-28 in favor of squad rush because two people switched from conquest.....
And one person PMed me saying they'd like to switch from Squad Rush to Conquest.

Guys, I'll mention it one last time. The votes are accurate when I post the latest one!!!
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

So far, Conquest is in the lead by 1 vote!!! Get your votes in by today! Poll will close at SBT + 12
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Well, that's it folks!

It will be CONQUEST. Conquest won out by 1 vote.

The next poll, because people are clamoring about it... is whether you guys want 5v5 or 4v4. Now, I understand that 5v5s are used widely in the competitive scene, but that is not what we are aiming for. EDIT - What I meant by this is that I don't want the tournament to be something that turns super competitive! Sorry for any misunderstandings!

HOWEVER, if this is something you guys want, I will gladly have it set up as a 5v5. As it stands, we have about 45 players signed up which means that there will be 9 teams if it's 5v5 and 11 teams if we have 4v4s. Just keep that in mind as you vote.

Also, I enabled re-voting!
Last edited by haruky on Sat May 18, 2013 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image[/url]
expandas
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: GC 4v4 Tournament #4 - CONQUEST WINS! Now... 4v4 or 5v5?

Post by expandas »

Wait. Haruky, didn't you get my pm about my vote?
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

haruky wrote:
The next poll, because people are clamoring about it... is whether you guys want 5v5 or 4v4. Now, I understand that 5v5s are used widely in the competitive scene, but that is not what we are aiming for.
Don't be put off from 5v5 just because we aren't aiming to be like the competitive scene for this. Things are chosen in the comp scene for a reason; to be as balanced as possible, which I assume is what we are always aiming for..

8v8 is a good number too. 5-6 teams of 8 sounds good to me, how bout you?
ImageImage
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

expandas wrote:Wait. Haruky, didn't you get my pm about my vote?
I don't have a single PM from you?

Also, Yonder, I say this b/c when the word "competitive" comes in, I find it to have a bit of a negative connotation primarily b/c it gets people all riled up. When I first started this, it was just for funsies and that's something I'd like to keep for the tournaments. Seeing as how many people want random teams, I'm going to assume the same.

But beacuse it is widely used, I see it being something that must have been tried and tested. But b/c there seemed to have been quite a few people saying we should just do 4v4, I left that up to vote.
Image[/url]
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

Will we be using standard GC settings? 5s wouldn't be the same without squad hopping.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

I'm thinking about the time constraints, if we use 11 teams we would have around 8/9 matches of +30min, wouldn't that be too long? With 9 teams we'd probably have the same issue. I think we should give 8x8 a thought, rounds would be faster because there's more ticket wasting and we can make a loser's bracket so every team can play at least twice. Or we can return to squad rush.
expandas
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by expandas »

Or... We could do a 4v4v4v4 Squad Deathmatch format with double or triple elimination. This way, you still keep your 4v4 format, which works well with SL-only spawning, while keeping the rounds going quick enough so that nobody gets bored. Just throwing ideas out there.

There are 48 signups at the moment, so here's how it could be broken down:
Qualifiers: 4 pools of 12 players each, split up into 3 teams of 4. The first team to 3 wins advances to the finals.
Finals: 4 teams of 4 compete against each other for the crown. The first team to 3 wins is crowned the champion.

Pros to this idea: You get a lot more people active and playing at any given time; 3+ factions makes tactics and gc-style rules much more influential
Cons to this idea: No mcoms or flags; the identity of each team is less important
Juffalo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Juffalo »

TheYonderGod wrote:
haruky wrote:
The next poll, because people are clamoring about it... is whether you guys want 5v5 or 4v4. Now, I understand that 5v5s are used widely in the competitive scene, but that is not what we are aiming for.
Don't be put off from 5v5 just because we aren't aiming to be like the competitive scene for this. Things are chosen in the comp scene for a reason; to be as balanced as possible, which I assume is what we are always aiming for..

8v8 is a good number too. 5-6 teams of 8 sounds good to me, how bout you?
This definitely deserves some thought. 8v8 would be a ton of fun if we have enough people to support a decent team count. This would be really easy on the schedule too. We could have a really robust tournament resulting in more play time for everyone.

I motion that 8v8 is added to the ballot and the voting restarts.
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

If we do Conquest, we need to make sure the tickets aren't too high, otherwise this'll take ages...
Evil_Jocey
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Evil_Jocey »

Juffalo wrote: I motion that 8v8 is added to the ballot and the voting restarts.

I second that motion.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

4v4 Conquest might be a little too spread out, leading to a rather dull game