GC Tournament #4 - CONGRATS TO DIE GIWENNATOREN!

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

MisterInsane

Re: GC 4v4 Tournament #4 - CONQUEST WINS! Now... 4v4? 5v5? 8

Post by MisterInsane »

8v8 with random teams may not end well.Just imagine if one team gets both a great jet pilot and a great tanker or a nice chopper crew...in my experience with 8v8 is that if one team has exellent air support or armor, no matter how the inf stacks up, that team will destroy the other.Thing is not everyone can be a decent jet pilot or a tanker but nearly everyone here is decent on the ground.That's why I think 5v5 will be better.Also 8v8 requires a team captain(leader) to be successful and I fear most of the people here dont know anything about this kind of matches.This also applies to 5v5 but it is a lot easier to get 5 inf to organise than 8ppl with vehicles and all that.I'd say either make it 5v5 with random teams or 8v8 with pre-made teams so that they can be somewhat ballanced
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

And for that reason, this will be a infantry only tournament. Jeeps will be available but all other vehicles not.
Image[/url]
Frosteyy

Post by Frosteyy »

haruky wrote:And for that reason, this will be a infantry only tournament. Jeeps will be available but all other vehicles not.
^ :mrgreen: k:Bravo:
C5: LOD/Corporal
Sirslicey

Post by Sirslicey »

Conquest? Really? Why don't you guys just play ESL... I don't even think I want to participate anymore, especially now that we have randomized teams. That is just lame.
BF3 C3: Master Sergeant | DARK Army
BF3 C4: First Lieutenant | Gladius Army Image
BF3 C5: First Lieutenant | KART Army
BF3 C6: First Lieutenant | United Nations Security Council
Angry Beavers | Honorary Canadian
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Why is it lame?
ImageImageImage
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

Sirslicey wrote:Conquest? Really? Why don't you guys just play ESL... I don't even think I want to participate anymore, especially now that we have randomized teams. That is just lame.
one team of danimall, starfisher, LoA, cookie, and others
vs all the other noobs of GC.
thats not lame. like someone has a chance against them.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

Necromancer wrote:
Sirslicey wrote:Conquest? Really? Why don't you guys just play ESL... I don't even think I want to participate anymore, especially now that we have randomized teams. That is just lame.
one team of danimall, starfisher, LoA, cookie, and others
vs all the other noobs of GC.
thats not lame. like someone has a chance against them.
Angry Beavers beat SDAT (Danimal, LoA, Starfisher?, Some other good people), and cM beat Angry Beavers. Just saying

Although that is a good idea, I would like to see a 16 extremely good players vs 32 "noobs of GC" (you said it, not me :P )
ImageImage
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Well I think the point was that you get 1-2 high level teams (e.g. the all comp cM), which basically stomp over the other more "casual" teams. It doesn't necessarily mean that the tournament is less fun to participate in, but it kind of takes the edge off when the results are pretty much known in advance.
V_

Post by V_ »

RazY70 wrote:Well I think the point was that you get 1-2 high level teams (e.g. the all comp cM), which basically stomp over the other more "casual" teams. It doesn't necessarily mean that the tournament is less fun to participate in, but it kind of takes the edge off when the results are pretty much known in advance.
I would argue that it does make it less fun to participate. I play to win, and though I know I never will, it kills the fun of even trying when you're going up against guys like that. Random teams will (hopefully) remove some of the hyper competitiveness.

Maybe as a form of compromise, however, we could draft in terms of 4 men, and then pair up different 4 men squads based on skill, so things stay balanced?

EDIT: I'm not upset with trying randomized 8v8 - I voted for both options. I'm just trying to offer a compromise for those people who are upset.
Last edited by V_ on Sun May 19, 2013 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
Frosteyy

Post by Frosteyy »

8v8 can be more structured due to full squads (unlike 5v5 which squads are uneven resulting in squad hopping, which can cauae some confusion). 8v8 can be more organized and cause less headaches for those that have little to no comp experience
C5: LOD/Corporal
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Seems like there's a fair number of people who are a little bit upset with how the polls turned out.

Guys, please bear with me. I know that it might not turned out to be how you might have wanted it to be but just keep in mind that all I wanted to do is provide a tournament for us to get together on an off-campaign day and just have a good time.

If randomized 8v8 Conquest is really unbearable after we try it this tournament, we will not do it again. But let's just give it a shot and see how it goes. Because after all, it could be fun.
Image[/url]
Chemical2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Chemical2 »

I think the way we will play it now is great. every team has 2 squads so you can devide the experienced people fairly well. The bigger teams and jeeps will make the rounds a bit more less static. And i think this will be great fun really looking forward to this also i am same as blackice playing to win so watch ur backs!
''Be polite, be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.'' The sniper
BF3
C2: Staff Sergeant - Hitcorp
C3: 1st Lieutenant - Dark army
C4: 1st Lieutenant - Starfishers coffee initiative
C5: PFC - Legion of Doom
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

TheYonderGod wrote: Angry Beavers beat SDAT (Danimal, LoA, Starfisher?, Some other good people), and cM beat Angry Beavers. Just saying
I was never playing for SDAT, I was in The Nipple Inspectors (Hitman, me, chemical and m4rvk). And we got beat by Angry beavers I think.
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: GC Tournament #4 - CONQUEST WINS! Now... 4v4? 5v5? 8v8?

Post by solmartig »

are the signups for this still open? i been away for a while trying to get back to it, so if there is still spot open i would like to join!
C3:ImageC6Image
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: GC Tournament #4 - CONQUEST WINS! Now... 4v4? 5v5? 8v8?

Post by haruky »

solmartig wrote:are the signups for this still open? i been away for a while trying to get back to it, so if there is still spot open i would like to join!
Sign-ups will be open all the way until the day of the tournament! With it being 8v8, we will definitely need substitutes and or people to fill up some spots so that there can be 8 players for every team.
Image[/url]