GC Tournament #4 - CONGRATS TO DIE GIWENNATOREN!

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

axeman22222

Re: GC Tournament #4 - CONQUEST WINS! Now... 4v4? 5v5? 8v8?

Post by axeman22222 »

Why do people want to do 8vs8 no vehicle, like it is actually awful, like all you end up doing is fighting infy on infy, congrats that sucks there is no depth to the gameplay. I am for pandas idea of a 4v4v4 idea for squad death match because for 5vs5 conquest there are maybe 4 maps that people play and it just gets repetitive at least for 4v4 squad rush or squad deathmatch we can play maps that arent seine, bazaar, tehran, metro, damavand.
V_

Post by V_ »

axeman22222 wrote:Why do people want to do 8vs8 no vehicle, like it is actually awful, like all you end up doing is fighting infy on infy, congrats that sucks there is no depth to the gameplay. I am for pandas idea of a 4v4v4 idea for squad death match because for 5vs5 conquest there are maybe 4 maps that people play and it just gets repetitive at least for 4v4 squad rush or squad deathmatch we can play maps that arent seine, bazaar, tehran, metro, damavand.
We do infantry only all the time at GC, and with 8v8 there will be plenty of opportunity for depth. Besides that, what makes you think that SQD has any more depth? If anything that has even less, since there aren't any objectives besides killing more guys than the other squads.
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
Snoopnoop

Post by Snoopnoop »

axeman22222 wrote:Why do people want to do 8vs8 no vehicle, like it is actually awful, like all you end up doing is fighting infy on infy, congrats that sucks there is no depth to the gameplay. I am for pandas idea of a 4v4v4 idea for squad death match because for 5vs5 conquest there are maybe 4 maps that people play and it just gets repetitive at least for 4v4 squad rush or squad deathmatch we can play maps that arent seine, bazaar, tehran, metro, damavand.
I can't hold my tongue to this.
Is this the same Axeman from half a year ago where Metro is the best map? Or is this the Axeman that made another account to sit in a tank farming kills on Damavand? I do also recall you leaving your team mid game in the last two campaigns for reasons unknown. I don't see much depth in any of that. I do agree 4 maps are overplayed. I would think since GC includes all of the DLC we will do something other than vanilla maps. If you want some "depth" Hell lets make an 8v8 event, each team gets 2 jeeps and 1 dirt bike/atv and lets have a street race/deathmatch.

I'm excited for this event. I have faith the GC community will make it fun no matter what because it has a great community. The depth is in the players.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Snoopnoop wrote: I'm excited for this event. I have faith the GC community will make it fun no matter what because it has a great community. The depth is in the players.
Image[/url]
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

So far, we have enough to sport about 6 teams (assuming everyone shows up that signed-up)

If we could hit 8, that would be great. Not everyone checks the forums so please spread the word to people if you see them on teamspeak!

Secondly, and importantly, I need some volunteers to live-cast the tournament. If anyone has done this before and would like to volunteer, I would greatly appreciate it. Fields will most likely not be available and so he won't be able to do it as usual.
Image[/url]
SteelerX

Re: GC 4v4 Tournament #4 - CONQUEST WINS! Now... 4v4? 5v5? 8

Post by SteelerX »

BlackIce wrote:
RazY70 wrote:Well I think the point was that you get 1-2 high level teams (e.g. the all comp cM), which basically stomp over the other more "casual" teams. It doesn't necessarily mean that the tournament is less fun to participate in, but it kind of takes the edge off when the results are pretty much known in advance.
I would argue that it does make it less fun to participate. I play to win, and though I know I never will, it kills the fun of even trying when you're going up against guys like that. Random teams will (hopefully) remove some of the hyper competitiveness.

Maybe as a form of compromise, however, we could draft in terms of 4 men, and then pair up different 4 men squads based on skill, so things stay balanced?

EDIT: I'm not upset with trying randomized 8v8 - I voted for both options. I'm just trying to offer a compromise for those people who are upset.
But what makes you say you never will :cry:

Really good players are still just pixels on your screen. :D
Origin ID: nXs-Steeler

http://www.youtube.com/user/xSteeLer7?feature=mhee

SUB PLZ*** ^^
KILLERCANKILL

Re: GC 4v4 Tournament #4 - CONQUEST WINS! Now... 4v4? 5v5? 8

Post by KILLERCANKILL »

TheYonderGod wrote:
Necromancer wrote:
Sirslicey wrote:Conquest? Really? Why don't you guys just play ESL... I don't even think I want to participate anymore, especially now that we have randomized teams. That is just lame.
one team of danimall, starfisher, LoA, cookie, and others
vs all the other noobs of GC.
thats not lame. like someone has a chance against them.
Angry Beavers beat SDAT (Danimal, LoA, Starfisher?, Some other good people), and cM beat Angry Beavers. Just saying

Although that is a good idea, I would like to see a 16 extremely good players vs 32 "noobs of GC" (you said it, not me :P )

yup Jddes led that team so well, they almost beat us in the finals. 8 V 8 with randomized teams is going to be pretty tough to organize, specially if you dont know any of your players. I really dont have a preference, ill just show up to play on the tournament day :)
expandas
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: GC Tournament #4 - Can anyone live-cast??

Post by expandas »

I know that many of us are very passionate about the community, but please lay off the personal attacks. Sort it out privately or through a mediator.

I can help live-cast, but I need to know beforehand so I can prepare.
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

I could do some live casting stuff. But it'd be much much better if we could use freecam for it! I can co-cast with LoA
Chemical2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Chemical2 »

Who did the first tournament? I want him back NOAW!
''Be polite, be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.'' The sniper
BF3
C2: Staff Sergeant - Hitcorp
C3: 1st Lieutenant - Dark army
C4: 1st Lieutenant - Starfishers coffee initiative
C5: PFC - Legion of Doom
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Chemical2 wrote:Who did the first tournament? I want him back NOAW!
haruky wrote:Fields will most likely not be available and so he won't be able to do it as usual.
Chemical2
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Chemical2 »

KoffeinFlummi wrote:
Chemical2 wrote:Who did the first tournament? I want him back NOAW!
haruky wrote:Fields will most likely not be available and so he won't be able to do it as usual.
DAYUM!
''Be polite, be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet.'' The sniper
BF3
C2: Staff Sergeant - Hitcorp
C3: 1st Lieutenant - Dark army
C4: 1st Lieutenant - Starfishers coffee initiative
C5: PFC - Legion of Doom
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

Can someone put me back on the list? I think I've been removed from the original somehow.. Also what's freecam and will I need to download anything?
the end is really fµcking nigh
Undisparo

Post by Undisparo »

Has anyone decided if it is 5/25 (this sat) or has it been moved?
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

Undisparo wrote:Has anyone decided if it is 5/25 (this sat) or has it been moved?
Moved! "That date is 6/1/2013. [CONFIRMED]"