Moderator: Executive

haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Campaign 6: The General Thread

Post by haruky »

Bock wrote:
Necromancer wrote:
dan1mall wrote:settled then Blackice it is.
Blackice vs Sao?
yupe.

come on!
HC select by friday SBT, then two days of drafting until sunday SBT. territory draft on tuesday, 3 days for planning and BFI on the next saturday. campaign starts in two weeks wooo!
I think it would be folly to move so quickly. I hope we can have HCs if not the entire officer corps selected by this time next week. Have the player draft done and have the draft day scrim two weeks from now. Rushing through the drafts will make for another imbalanced campaign, I think.

Also, I would like to see one or two scrims between the draft scrim and BFI. One complaint I heard, which I agree with, is that C5 ended right as squads/armies began to really "click". Having a couple scrims will help the armies develop before the battles start to count.
If we did have scrims before draft scrim, the campaign wouldn't officially start till end of June. But it also wouldn't make sense b/c if we scrim before the draft, armies haven't even been selected yet and people haven't been drafted yet. So everyone would "click" and then be put into different armies on the draft scrim.

@Wild Kard, Nuclear engineering sounds intense................................ :twisted:
Image[/url]
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

haruky wrote:
If we did have scrims before draft scrim, the campaign wouldn't officially start till end of June. But it also wouldn't make sense b/c if we scrim before the draft, armies haven't even been selected yet and people haven't been drafted yet. So everyone would "click" and then be put into different armies on the draft scrim.

@Wild Kard, Nuclear engineering sounds intense................................ :twisted:
Before?...

Draft scrim May 25, scrim Jun 1, BFI Jun 8 is what I would propose.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
TacticalVirus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TacticalVirus »

In that case, Generals should be selected no later than, say Wednesday, and ABC should be updated and draft opened for entry that day aswell. That way the Generals have atleast half a week to get their HCs set and start getting the back end prepped, and people have a week and a half to get signed up.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

Bock wrote:
haruky wrote:

Before?...

Draft scrim May 25, scrim Jun 1, BFI Jun 8 is what I would propose.
I... misunderstood you. :oops:

Well, the tournament is expected to be on June 1st so it's likely the draft scrim will be the week after.
Image[/url]
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

1) what is 'draft scrim'? what do we need to scrim for if we get drafted regardless of our performance on that day? hell, the people doing the draft ain't even playing.

2) why not open ABC for signups now?
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

Necromancer wrote:1) what is 'draft scrim'? what do we need to scrim for if we get drafted regardless of our performance on that day? hell, the people doing the draft ain't even playing.

2) why not open ABC for signups now?
1) It's a battle... or scrim, if you will... between the two new armies... right after the draft is finished... we've done this before. Why is this so confusing?

*further head scratching*
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

because... i don't see the meaning of it.
all the HC are in their own channel discussing stuff, server isn't full, some one is picked up to FC some unknown and unprepared map, and then people just fool around without clear orders or direction and it feels 101% like pub.
so... why do it?
or rather - why do it this way? its a waste of time.
instead of doing the draft on saturday just before SBT (and more likely done by sbt + ~1.5)
get it done by thursday, there is no problem with it since its not live anyway, and make a proper scrim on saturday.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

Necromancer wrote:because... i don't see the meaning of it.
all the HC are in their own channel discussing stuff, server isn't full, some one is picked up to FC some unknown and unprepared map, and then people just fool around without clear orders or direction and it feels 101% like pub.
so... why do it?
or rather - why do it this way? its a waste of time.
instead of doing the draft on saturday just before SBT (and more likely done by sbt + ~1.5)
get it done by thursday, there is no problem with it since its not live anyway, and make a proper scrim on saturday.
Perhaps we could look into doing away with the scrim or work to make it more organized somehow, but don't expect to get major events like the player draft, or territory and map draft done on a week day. There's just no way to get all of the European/Asian/American parties to the table at the same time except on weekends.
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

First you have to find generals/TAs... which can take a while, then it typically takes a week to sort out officers, a week to do the player draft, and another week or two to sort out the map/territory draft. Then you have the BFI.
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
Sao
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sao »

I'd rather not rush it. Just make sure we do it right and give the Gen/HC an extra week to get everything sorted.

7 p's

Proper
Prior
Preperation
Prevents
Piss
Poor
Performance

Then we can be set for a 30 week campaign :'D
V_

Post by V_ »

I agree not to rush things at all. Hell, I wouldn't mind 3 or 4 scrims before the BFI, even. I'm not sure only 2 was enough last time. The incentive thing could be as simple as extra risk cards, or deciding who gets to go first or the Territory Draft. I wouldn't go so far as extra divisions though.

Also, my disappearance from GC would be less from RL and more from lack of a computer to handle BF3. :P
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
Sao
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sao »

BlackIce wrote:I agree not to rush things at all. Hell, I wouldn't mind 3 or 4 scrims before the BFI, even. I'm not sure only 2 was enough last time. The incentive thing could be as simple as extra risk cards, or deciding who gets to go first or the Territory Draft. I wouldn't go so far as extra divisions though.

Also, my disappearance from GC would be less from RL and more from lack of a computer to handle BF3. :P
Pfft if my old coal powered machine could run it I'm sure yours could (gtx 420 and Intel core2 Q6200 (maybe 8200)) with 6gb ddr2 on vista.

Obviously I'm nor running that any more.....

Excuses excuses blackice!!
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

Awwww. Cute. Our next generals are talking and stuff.
Sirslicey

Post by Sirslicey »

TacticalVirus PLEASE?
BF3 C3: Master Sergeant | DARK Army
BF3 C4: First Lieutenant | Gladius Army Image
BF3 C5: First Lieutenant | KART Army
BF3 C6: First Lieutenant | United Nations Security Council
Angry Beavers | Honorary Canadian
thallus

Post by thallus »

I heard on team speak it was going to be duke vs duke.