bf4

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

thallus

Re: bf4

Post by thallus »

I hope they bring back the Recon Ball from Bad Company 2, and the laser designator artillery strike binoculars also from bad company. I can see them not needing the binoc's because of the new commander mode.

I've got an Ipad, look forward to commanding crappy teams while I'm taking a crap.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

thallus wrote:I hope they bring back the Recon Ball from Bad Company 2.
They do! (if I remember correctly)
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

Jokerle wrote: But i wanted post this:
http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/desktops/i ... index.html

Imagine commander mode on this (27" tablet)!
That's nothing, we have a 70" touchscreen monitor at work, can't wait to try commander mode on it =D
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

dan1mall wrote: In pubs you'll often have a lot of people sniping 1000m away, but in that case theyre hardly contributing anyway, so who cares, just let them have fun ^^

Claymores however, I think should be removed from the game completely, it promotes camping, and requires no skill.
That was kind of my point. I wasn't referring to GC, strictly to pub play. In a team oriented game they are just a strange and annoying breed for the most part. It seems like that is the most selfish class out there. Not in its potential but in the way it's commonly used.
phpBB [video]

I agree with what you're saying regarding Claymores but you can say the same about the long range sniping yet don't mind it :). Sure there's the skill factor, but let's face it, most of those long range 1337 snipzors suck.

But I've digressed enough from the main topic so enough of that :angel:
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

cairdazar wrote:

That's nothing, we have a 70" touchscreen monitor at work, can't wait to try commander mode on it =D
At work - unless you are your own boss- I can imagine what your HR department will make out of it. :mrgreen:
(This is all about size envy of cause)
Calloutman
Executive
Executive

Post by Calloutman »

Levelcap has made a video describing the classes and the weapons they get. It's a pretty decet video.

phpBB [video]
BF3 || C2 Lead Operative || C3 Brigadier General || C4 Major General || C5 Private First Class || C6 General
BF4 || C1 TA || C2 TA || C3 TA || C4 Serviceman || C5 Duke
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

You guys really are a tough crowd to please! :lol:

I already thoroughly enjoyed BF3, of course it has its bugs (gun glitch), but still, it is a very good game. So after seeing everything that BF4 is going to offer I can't help but to feel really excited about it, they just got every aspect of the game better. I also think it will fit right in here in GC, it's much more team-oriented than BF3 in my opinion.
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

sushi25 wrote:
cairdazar wrote:

At work - unless you are your own boss- I can imagine what your HR department will make out of it. :mrgreen:
(This is all about size envy of cause)
Its very small company, we are only 3 full time employees.
My boss uses it with his ps3 to play bf3 on weekends :thumbup:
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

mrBLUE9 wrote:You guys really are a tough crowd to please! :lol:

I already thoroughly enjoyed BF3, of course it has its bugs (gun glitch), but still, it is a very good game. So after seeing everything that BF4 is going to offer I can't help but to feel really excited about it, they just got every aspect of the game better. I also think it will fit right in here in GC, it's much more team-oriented than BF3 in my opinion.
:clap:
Image[/url]
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

hey, whats up with individual avatars? can i get mine too?
i promise it won't be rotating...
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

Haruky is broken. ABC won't let us give him any other rank/avatar. wink
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
Wi1D_K4rD
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Wi1D_K4rD »

Chemical2 wrote:I guess you got to keep in mind that the class is called recon and not sniper if that makes any sense
This. Recon=/=Sniper. Sniper is just one of the roles a Recon can take. By giving them C4 you open up the class to those who aren't good at sniping gives them access to another role the recon can fill. That of a saboteur. The argument that sniper long range c4 short is a bit ridiculous when considered at the moment one of the most important things is the spawn beacon which is more helpful closer to the frontlines negating the long range advantage of the sniper. Unless you drop it and run all the way back to a sniping position. With C4 they have added usefullness on the front line beyond just dropping a Spawn beacon. I think it's a step in the right direction personally or rather back in the right direction. Now they just need to give ammo to the assault class and medic to the support and all of the classes would be better represented in average games rather than 90% assault.
My problem is I bought BF3 as a long time BF fan I've played all of them up till now. I'm actually very angry with myself I never discovered you guys sooner. I bought it hoping for more large maps like Caspian and instead got some large maps with most of the flags grouped up in 25% of the map and the rest of them having a bias that leans toward one side or the other, sure a good team can overcome them but public games do not typically consist of a good team, and BF2 maps that feel so much smaller than their original counterparts. Bought premium like a sheep cause I still had faith that Armored Kill, Aftermath and Endgame would have better map layouts. The only one I like is Endgame but my clan decided it wasn't worth their time to continue supporting so...

I basically paid 110 dollars during a time when I'm not exactly drowning in money hoping for features that is now getting put in BF4 and large maps that were instead designed for consoles. And now I'm expected to drop another 60 dollars if I want to potentially play the game I was lead to believe I was getting all along and may still not get it as what we are seeing is still just marketing ploys to build pre-order sales. That's why I'm not excited.

Yeah I put almost 400 hours in but the only time I've had fun doing that was playing with snoop, sin and our other friends and with you guys in GC. And even then the only fun I had was the fact playing with you guys. The game itself has never been the fun factor for me. As I said before though I hope I'm wrong. I'll probably still end up getting it as a gift cause I'll still ask for it for my birthday simply because I want to play with all of you guys. I'm just not excited for the game itself.
Last edited by Wi1D_K4rD on Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
XrunawayX
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by XrunawayX »

+1
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

recon is not a front line soldier.
even the spawn beacon isn't put on the front line. sure you'd want it there, but if you place it where all the fighting is its just gets destroyed.

assault class is "assault class", this is the class that supposed to be on the front line.

you can do all kind of crap, but the point is to give it to the classes that uses it most.
sure you can give the mortar to the assault, but then you remove it from the front line. whats the point of having the assault mortaring from the back when he is supposed to be assaulting ??
same goes with medpack to the support kit. support is supposed to be behind the assault, and the assault needs the medpacks on the front.

there is nothing wrong with 90% of the players playing assault.
you need a lot of assaults. you really don't need 90% recons, or even 50% recons.
you do need a lot of assaults, some supports, engineers if there are vehicles around, and some recons.
and thats on organized play.
only natural that without proper communications and teamplay you'll get even more assaults.

the thing i personally don't like is that the new BF seems like it continues the small maps line.
like fighting building to building, COD like. and not as wide as it used to be.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

In short, Parliament is about class representation; Battlefield is about team efficiency and effectiveness.

And in other BF4 news, it looks like vehicles will have camo options as well: http://i.imgur.com/n7qsmoE.png