Moderator: Executive

cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

[bf4] minimap in battlelog

Post by cairdazar »

phpBB [video]

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/c ... er_leaked/

We will be able to have the minimap in a secondary screen and on a tablet/mobile in bf4, FINALLY!

hmm it is only if you are on the same local network, the plugin probably talks directly to the game client.
If they are still sending everything without encryption, we can make our own client to record the minimap and replay it later.

So much you can to with that info, both GC and pubs, make heat maps for deaths, mines etc show the most traveled routes for inf/armor/air.

Dam now I want to poke at this, ah well hope that it is enabled for the beta.
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: [bf4] minimap in battlelog

Post by solmartig »

this looks amazing, i hope it also works so you can put it on a second screen on pc, but does this means that you cannot change your gear in game? do you have to change it outside of the game or is it just like an extra feature? what do you guys think?
C3:ImageC6Image
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

finally some use for my tablet, lol

Having a separated minimap (where you can even click to set objectives) is way awesome!
Some more reasons to spent money on a second monitor :D

edit: its all browser (battlelog) based, solmartig.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

solmartig wrote:this looks amazing, i hope it also works so you can put it on a second screen on pc,
you can, one of the devs is in the reddit thread.
solmartig wrote: but does this means that you cannot change your gear in game? do you have to change it outside of the game or is it just like an extra feature? what do you guys think?
You can change your loadout in battlelog to day, but the game only syncs with battle log when you start the game.
Sounds like they have fixed it so it syncs eminently.
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

English official video

I give this a 10/10 useless crap.
Edit:
Reason 1: for PC most of these things should be added in-game. (Not sure if that's gonna happen, but as show in this video, it's not there yet)
Reason 2: I live in Argentina, walking on the street or the bus stop with a fking tablet (or sometimes even a expensive phone) it's the most stupid thing you can do.
phpBB [video]
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

Hgx wrote: I live in Argentina, walking on the street or the bus stop with a fking tablet (or sometimes even a expensive phone) it's the most stupid thing you can do.
haha it almost sounds like you are blaming dice that you live in argentina... :D

considering dice is a swedish company located in stockholm i can understand where they are coming from due to 99% of the ppl in the subway or in the streets in stockholm are on their smartphones and tablets, so for those ppl is something useful, now i dont really think it should be something they should focus on though but they are kind of trying to expand an routine that already exist here
C3:ImageC6Image
wizekraker
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by wizekraker »

solmartig wrote:this looks amazing, i hope it also works so you can put it on a second screen on pc, but does this means that you cannot change your gear in game? do you have to change it outside of the game or is it just like an extra feature? what do you guys think?
yes finally use for 2nd monitor.
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

not being able to do the same thing from in-game with 1 monitor is crap.
2 monitors is the new game requirement?
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Necromancer wrote:not being able to do the same thing from in-game with 1 monitor is crap.
2 monitors is the new game requirement?
Alt-Tab out...
All these things are kinda gimmicky (except the second minimap)
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

guess I'll need 3 monitors or a way to figure out how to make teamspeak overlay thing work more than 50% of the time.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

I'm more "excited" about the all new Damavand Peak map they are showing on the minimap :thumbdown:
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Sarantini wrote:I'm more "excited" about the all new Damavand Peak map they are showing on the minimap :thumbdown:
Good, at least im not the only one.

Damavand Peak 2.0, and with SNOW

OMFG HOLY JESUS CHRIST. . . :roll:
axeman22222

Post by axeman22222 »

cairdazar wrote:
We will be able to have the minimap in a secondary screen and on a tablet/mobile in bf4, FINALLY!

hmm it is only if you are on the same local network, the plugin probably talks directly to the game client.
If they are still sending everything without encryption, we can make our own client to record the minimap and replay it later.

So much you can to with that info, both GC and pubs, make heat maps for deaths, mines etc show the most traveled routes for inf/armor/air.

Dam now I want to poke at this, ah well hope that it is enabled for the beta.
Im wondering now if because its unsecured that if an app could be made to watch everyone on a server so i could see enemies as well while i play (like always being able to see an enemy on the minimap kinda thing) but also yea if you could trace everyones movements that would be really neat for GC for example a commander could look at the most used travel spots and try to counter it for next time.
But for the new map that they showed I cant tell but it looks like its all indoors :?
V_

Post by V_ »

axeman22222 wrote: But for the new map that they showed I cant tell but it looks like its all indoors :?
OH GOD METRO!!! 8O *shoots face*
BF3 C2: KI - Sgt | C3: Pride - Sgt | C4: Gladius - Sgt | C5: KART - Col | C6: UNSC - Col
RS2:V C1: A1 - Ofc | C2: SLOTH - HC
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

BlackIce wrote:
axeman22222 wrote: But for the new map that they showed I cant tell but it looks like its all indoors :?
OH GOD METRO!!! 8O *shoots face*
hmmm- at E3 vid those round flags where... destroyable ( if I remember correctly ) ? maybe it starts in door and ends out door ?