Campaign Statistics

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Nix

Re: Campaign Statistics

Post by Nix »

Holy Updated Statistics Batman!
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

I love these things :D
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

Sviiiiiiit!! :P :P
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

I would just like to point out that at the end of Week 3 (not counting BFI), both armies had won exactly 16 rounds.

In other words, at the end of week 3, BF4C2 was an almost perfectly balanced campaign. Well played there guys.
ImageImageImage
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

StarfisherEcho wrote:I would just like to point out that at the end of Week 3 (not counting BFI), both armies had won exactly 16 rounds.

In other words, at the end of week 3, BF4C2 was an almost perfectly balanced campaign. Well played there guys.
Ahem... yes, and up to Week 1 excluding everything else GoCI was totally winning :thumbup:

Why bring up that strange statistic?
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Because as far as I can tell going back through the rest of the stats, that's never even come close to happening before. In fact, the only other campaign in Blue's stats where the eventual victor wasn't already clearly in the lead by week 3 is BF3:C4. And that wasn't an even split.

So it's kind of neat that we managed to have a campaign that was back and forth for a little while. Turned nasty for GoCI at the end there, but hey, someone has to lose eventually.
ImageImageImage
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

Both campaigns I've generaled: 6 weeks 72 rounds.
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

Well, in terms of win/lose bottom line that is accurate. However, if you examine the ticket differences during those first 3 weeks you'd see GoCI's wins were by ~120 tickets on average while 9th were by ~200. The way I read this is that overall GoCI's wins were pretty hard fought and balanced matches, which could've gone either way, while the 9th had pretty decisive victories. Did that contribute to what transpired from week 4 and onwards? I have no idea.

Either way, the fact that something like that never came close to happening in previous campaigns is kind of problematic in my opinion. All I can say is that I hope the next campaign will have a lot more of those hard fought matches, and last longer than 6 weeks.
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

RazY70 wrote:
Either way, the fact that something like that never came close to happening in previous campaigns is kind of problematic in my opinion. All I can say is that I hope the next campaign will have a lot more of those hard fought matches, and last longer than 6 weeks.
yeah...balancing comes down to being lucky in the end. All the careful acts of shoving people around in the draft breaks down sooner or later.

Which campaign did we do the most careful balancing, i.e. no real competitive draft?
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

BF3:C6 was zero draft, purely "assigned". Balance is rare since it basically can't be engineered. Attendance and morale will dramatically alter the balance of the armies over the course of the campaign.
I hope so too! I'm just glad we managed to have a campaign that wasn't an out and out slaughter, even if only for a while. There were a lot of good rounds to watch as a TA.

I will say this to all future campaigners - balance is often in the eye of the beholder. Once your army becomes convinced the campaign is "imbalanced" against them, it becomes so regardless of the truth of the matter. Don't fall victim to that trap! You can always get better!
ImageImageImage
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

I think it all comes down to the General and his HC.
A good officer corps will know how to push the army and adapt. Its a battle of attrition that often lasts only a couple of weeks until one of the sides "gives up" and decides its no longer balanced, and its fate is sealed.
IMO its triggered when the grunts loose hope and don't trust their officers anymore.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

I guess i can copy paste some preliminar data for those interested.

I guess Mr Blue will do this but here are some preliminar numbers:

-90 rounds where played. TCF 58 (64.4%) (223.5ticket) / LN7 32 (35.5%) (150.62ticket)
First half (S1/2-BFI-MBD1/2): 26/24 (168.5/163.375)
Second half (MBD3/4/5/6): 32/8 (268.18/112.37)

-24 rounds were won by a margin of 100-200 tickets (26.6%)
-25 rounds were won by a margin of less than 100 tickets (27%)
-Of those 25 rounds, 7 were by less than 10tickets (7.77%)

Maps played during the campaign (Scrim and BFI included, not taking into account BO)

Silk Road 10=2+4+4
Hainan 9=2+1+2+4
Rogue 9=4+2+3
Zavod 8=1+2+4+1
Op Mortar 8=2+3+3
Guilin 7=1+2+4
Dawnbreaker 6=2+2+2
Dragon Pass 6=2+2+2
Shangai 5=2+3
Caspian 4=2+2
Floodzone 2
Golmud 2
Lancang 2
Paracel 2
Altai 2
Oman 2
Firestorm 2
Nansha Strike 2
Wavebreaker 2
Lost Islands

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
Róka

Post by Róka »

elchino7 wrote:-90 rounds where played. TCF 58 (64.4%) (223.5ticket) / LN7 32 (35.5%) (150.62ticket)
First half (S1/2-BFI-MBD1/2): 26/24 (168.5/163.375)
-24 rounds were won by a margin of 100-200 tickets (26.6%)
-25 rounds were won by a margin of less than 100 tickets (27%)
-Of those 25 rounds, 7 were by less than 10tickets (7.77%)
These are the stats I love to see! :thumbup:
ImageImage
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

I'll probably updated the stats this coming week, but thanks Chuko for getting the ball rolling! :thumbup: