Be a cool officer like these guys

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

CorranHorn
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Be a cool officer like these guys

Post by CorranHorn »

Having my name be mentioned so much is an honour guys! Thanks so much.

But it leads me to believe that a part of this community is a bit sadistic as they enjoy me yelling and being frantic all the time... Whatever floats your boat...

Thanks to all those people have SL and been in an HC, you guys are the people who make this community run week in and week out.

To those that are on the fence bout joining as an officer, do it. Its a great thing to be a part of and everyone should try it at least once
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

thanks for throwing my name around so much. really surprised it got up there as much as it did.

but someone's gonna have to be awfully persuasive to get me to be much higher than a sgt. next campaign.

anyone who's on the edge, if you've SL'd before you can do LT. And if you get with the right captain, you can easily be captain in C2. Take the plunge and do it, as someone who has been an officer/SL more than a grunt (10 officer, 6 grunt half of which I SL'd in), I can highly recommend it as long as you see it as a responsibility.

For those of you who only do officer because in your mind it means you can play more, don't sign up to do it. Your first job as an officer should be to make sure the rest of your army is having a good time overall, which means officers should be the first to volunteer to sit assuming appropriate numbers of SLs. You should be posting often in the forums, fostering PMs for division medals/promotions, running practices, watching and learning ABC management tools, etc.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

Remember the thread all the senate and Execs die in plane crash?
I think the future is safe with starfisher...
if you look at the 1st post and photo.

high five to you too chemical. :wave:
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

Well said, Matsif.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

Who mentioned me? I've squad led once or twice and didn't know what I was doing :roll:

I'd love to squad lead more, I think my map knowledge and situational awareness would be helpful, but I suck at listening to multiple things at the same time.
ImageImage
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

Matsif hit the spot with his post! :clap:
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

Someday I would love to be an Officer, HC, and, eventually a General. But I need a mentor willing to take on an apprentice ;-)
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

insanityrocks wrote:Someday I would love to be an Officer, HC, and, eventually a General. But I need a mentor willing to take on an apprentice ;-)
I think we found one of BF4C3's generals.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
Spreez
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Spreez »

Haha, Sounds like a good candidate to me! By then I should be back around to playing in the armies hard core... :twisted:
expandas
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by expandas »

insanityrocks wrote:Someday I would love to be an Officer, HC, and, eventually a General. But I need a mentor willing to take on an apprentice ;-)
That's the spirit. Keep asking questions and volunteering and you'll have your own command in no time!
solmartig
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by solmartig »

WOW :o thanks guys for mentioning me, i just wanted to have some fun and trying to get ppl together to have fun while in my squad, was just doing my job and specially have the biggest ICON in the forums, im kindof liking it.

No but seriously, Thanks for mentioning me, im honored since this is my first campaign i have played the whole since in C3 i only did about half of it. I still have a lot to learn like listening shooting ppl in the face and helping my squad to win. i like SL'in is fun and makes you see the big picture of the battledays since you are aweare of whats happening to all the other squads.

Deff something i would recommend everyone trying it at least just so you know how it feels :)
thanks again and the time has come to uninstall BF3 when i get home :mrgreen:
C3:ImageC6Image
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

solmartig wrote:WOW :o thanks guys for mentioning me, i just wanted to have some fun and trying to get ppl together to have fun while in my squad, was just doing my job and specially have the biggest ICON in the forums, im kindof liking it.

No but seriously, Thanks for mentioning me, im honored since this is my first campaign i have played the whole since in C3 i only did about half of it. I still have a lot to learn like listening shooting ppl in the face and helping my squad to win. i like SL'in is fun and makes you see the big picture of the battledays since you are aweare of whats happening to all the other squads.

Deff something i would recommend everyone trying it at least just so you know how it feels :)
thanks again and the time has come to uninstall BF3 when i get home :mrgreen:
You're a lot of fun to play with! Looking forward to playin with you again in BF4 campaigns!
Image[/url]
dan1mall
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by dan1mall »

Haha daww, <3 you guys too :D

In srsness, im glad I helped improve someone's GC experience here ^^, it was my pleasure
I realize I can get a bit competative and ragey, but its all part of the charm isnt it? :P

I'll be around for Bf4, maybe not as hard core officer, but maybe just as 1st lt flying some crap around. I should from now on be here for 9/10 weekends, so plenty of time to shoot fools haha.
Sao
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sao »

I'm more worried someone put me in the old timer category. I played the last 2 bds in glad then got 2lt in lod. Only to be promoted to captain then a colonel in Scar.

I am certainly not an old timer (though my knees would argue that)

As much as I an honoured to have my name so big I will create an official topic later but I will be joining the Royal Navy mid November therefore will not be around for bf4c1 which makes me sad.

However I will still stalk the forums so I demand full access to both army's so I can get my GC fix while at BRNC Dartmouth.
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

jesus guys, quit going to the army everyone!!! :(
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM