GC Battlefield 4 EA Server Test - We need you!

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Will you be attending our private test on Sunday?

Yes
82%
No
18%

Total votes: 67

StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

GC Battlefield 4 EA Server Test - We need you!

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Hey guys,

Thanks to a tip from daskro, we've got a line on a private, locked EA server on which we can run some BF4 matches just between ourselves. We've got some time reserved on Sunday, starting at SBT (going to roughly SBT + 6, but we'll see how long we go for). We can try to run a funday scrim or we can just use the time to derp around. I would love to see us organize some matches just to get a feel for Shanghai in a semi-competitive setting.

EA is requesting some information from us about what exactly we plan on doing, probably for promotional purposes. Please use the poll above to indicate if you will be attending. If you can cast or would like to stream, post here.

Further, I am seeking people to help "lead" this battleday. You don't have to be a general or an officer or a TA for this - we just need people willing to commit an hour or two to playing and keeping things moving.

I know this is short notice, but I think this is a cool opportunity to get some BF4 time in before BF4 releases!

Note from Matsif, our lead for the day
I am main point of contact for server admin issues (such as mode change, etc) and am working on contacting those in charge to make sure everything is ok.

I would like to use this as a day to test obliteration, but also play conquest and give people who don't FC or SL a lot a chance to do so, treating it like a BO day of sorts (with randomly drafted armies that may/may not get juggled every round). Note we will not have commander mode to use, but if we want to see commander mode, it can be arranged.

Do please note though that EA/DiCE does want to use this server and events held on it as promotional material, so until more contact is received and more discussion is held, keep in mind that this may not even happen. If we do pull the trigger, people who want to stream please say so in this thread so we can add your names to the list.

If you want to SL/FC, please use This Form.

SL/FC Sign Ups
ImageImageImage
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: GC Battlefield 4 EA Server Test - We need you!

Post by Hitman47 »

nice! definuitely gonna be there. :clap:
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
cairdazar
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cairdazar »

Of course I'm going to be there! :thumbup:

Are we going to have the opportunity to try different settings?
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

i'll lead if they open up the commander mode.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

I am main point of contact for server admin issues (such as mode change, etc) and am working on contacting those in charge to make sure everything is ok.

I would like to use this as a day to test obliteration, but also play conquest and give people who don't FC or SL a lot a chance to do so, treating it like a BO day of sorts (with randomly drafted armies that may/may not get juggled every round). Note we will not have commander mode to use, but if we want to see commander mode, it can be arranged.

Do please note though that EA/DiCE does want to use this server and events held on it as promotional material, so until more contact is received and more discussion is held, keep in mind that this may not even happen. If we do pull the trigger, people who want to stream please say so in this thread so we can add your names to the list.

If you want to SL/FC, please use This Form.

SL/FC Sign Ups
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

I should be there.

Not sure if streaming works for me. Have to test it with the somewhat unstable beta.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

cairdazar wrote: Are we going to have the opportunity to try different settings?
somewhat. We won't have everything and I don't have a full list of what we can play with (nor would I be able to give out that info), but once I know what we can play with (probably not until sunday) I can make some setting changes to see any effect it may have.

as I said in my last post, we won't be able to use commander, but we can get someone to show us it if we want to. Will depend on sign ups on whether we make that decision.

For more explanation on how I want to run the day, read below:
1) once more FCs sign up, I will compile a "who vs who" list for the day. FCs will swap out every round per a list that is set up. Any complaints on timings can be brought up to me or the rest of the lead team I am trying to place together, and we can swap people around. I would like to have this list set up by tomorrow evening, so please sign up in the google doc form!
2) everyone needs to show up at SBT-1 so we can get armies sorted. While I am talking to the server admins getting things ready, the rest of the team will be organizing the armies, starting with SLs and moving down to other players. As FCs rotate, SLs and other players may be moved for numbers balance.
3) we will play modes dependent on who shows up. Ideally we would play at a bare minimum 2 rounds of conquest and 2 rounds of obliteration.
4) people who are planning on streaming, please inform any of the lead team so we can get your names added to the stream list. EA/DiCE is planning on using this as promotional material, so we may want to have 1 dedicated streamer to sit in spectator. If you are willing to do this, please let us know.
5) SIGN UP! We have our whole normal battle time on sunday to play this, lets make good use of it.

Your lead team for the day will be myself, bock, and hitman. There is still information that we do not have, and I'm trying to be as transparent as possible with what I do know at this time. Please ask any questions in this thread and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Would be interesting to scrim 21CW a couple rounds. Any chance of that?
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

I was hoping to interview some Generals at SBT on Sunday. Just might have to reschedule in favor of the private server. ;-)
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

matsif wrote:Do please note though that EA/DiCE does want to use this server and events held on it as promotional material, so until more contact is received and more discussion is held, keep in mind that this may not even happen. If we do pull the trigger, people who want to stream please say so in this thread so we can add your names to the list.
Will GC be allowed to advertise/promote? I understand we probably won't know until the last minute if this is a Go/No Go; I just wanted to ask before-hand.
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

Ash2Dust wrote:Would be interesting to scrim 21CW a couple rounds. Any chance of that?
if we don't get a lot of sign ups, we are able to go that route if we can get numbers from their end. I would prefer it to be exclusively for GC though.
insanityrocks wrote:
matsif wrote:Do please note though that EA/DiCE does want to use this server and events held on it as promotional material, so until more contact is received and more discussion is held, keep in mind that this may not even happen. If we do pull the trigger, people who want to stream please say so in this thread so we can add your names to the list.
Will GC be allowed to advertise/promote? I understand we probably won't know until the last minute if this is a Go/No Go; I just wanted to ask before-hand.
You may not have to because EA/DiCE are planning on it anyways. Don't have full info yet, but if they are going to be posting streams and stuff on the series of tubes, we may not have to.
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

I'll be there for sure and I'll try to record all rounds.

Also, this may sound dumb but just in case, don't forget to stream for GC's twitch channel.
WenieWaggler

Post by WenieWaggler »

I will be there and I am able to stream as well if needed. Nice job on setting this up Matsif! :clap:
C2: Sgt. ImageImage
C3: Master Sgt.
ImageImage
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

This is awesome
Props for all involved with setting this up!
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

if we can't get the might of GC, maybe we could pair up with another community and scrim vs them?
it is a very short notice though..
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!