Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Sports.

Post by Bock »

Cheesy wrote:
Bock wrote:Oh whirlyball. What a grand game... I got to drink a bunch of beer and play that as part of an office "team building" outing once. A lot of fun with a good chance of whiplash.
I heard it only exists in Seattle and the Midwest. The rest of the country/world is missing out.
I played it in Atlanta.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
CorranHorn
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CorranHorn »

LoA wrote: Unfortunately it's in Malmö, so I won't actually go there to watch it. Maybe watch a few games on TV, especially if sweden goes up against canada. :twisted:
Bring it!

Makes perfect sense that you were a goalie...... a man who will get in the way of a 80kpm frozen piece of rubber... Not crazy...
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Well, Germany, like many other European countries is all about football ('soccer'). After that there is a huge gap. Handball is pretty popular (or used to be) as well, I would say.

The Czech republic, where i started recently working, are crazy about ice hockey.

Personally I dont really dig football, sometimes I watch games in TV but I dont follow, e.g. the Bundesliga too closely.
Before I went to university I did athletics(aka track and field for 'muricans?) for many many years. During high school that meant 5-6 times a week training, was pretty successful with a sprint relay (4x400m), but not talented enough to be really 'good'. Studying and extensive training did not work for me, so I stopped with athletics and became lazy and fat :lol: :lol:(compared to the old times at least... :( )
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Marseee

Post by Marseee »

I'm from the UK and I played basketball for the South West England team when I was younger. Still play basketball now for my local team and am a Level 2 coach as well. Just coaching the school I work at though. Otherwise, I've just played the usual English sports, football, rugby and cricket.
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

As a young man I used to play water polo pretty seriously. I almost got into Greece's national team as a goalie but I got really sick during the final trials. From there I decided I would focus more on school rather than sport.

Football is of course a small passion. I watch mainly Champion's League and play from time to time. Last time I played I ate a ball in the face...had a black eye for a week.

Last year I got into squash and I really liked it but, my colleagues started going early in the morning so I kinda stopped.

This summer I took my sister to a one week karate seminar and there I got really hooked on it (she's been training for several years now). This month I started doing Goju Ryu and man, it's amazing! The physical training is sooo freakin hard! I sweat like a pig everytime!! k:

During the winter cuz of the abundance of snow I do some casual snowboarding.
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Frosteyy

Post by Frosteyy »

American football and hockey does it for me. Go patriots! Go Leafs! I also root for Real Madrid when I feel like watching soccer.
C5: LOD/Corporal
CorranHorn
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CorranHorn »

Go leafs?!?!?!
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

I used to do Kendo, no time for it now, ocasionally tennis.

phpBB [video]
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Frosteyy

Post by Frosteyy »

CorranHorn wrote:Go leafs?!?!?!
Blue and White!
CorranHorn
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by CorranHorn »

Frosteyy wrote: Blue and White!
Jesus... Had no idea there was one of you here...

:D

GL, hope MayRay doesn't do a magicians act soon...
Frosteyy

Post by Frosteyy »

CorranHorn wrote:

He better not... lol
thallus

Post by thallus »

Go Lions. The Detroit Lions will be playing an NFL game against Atlanta in London Next year.

I enjoy watching Football. NFL.

I also enjoy watching all the others Baseball, and Hockey, and basketball but only watch these once playoffs come around.

Detroit Tigers and Detroit Red Wings. The Real season starts in the playoffs for these teams.
TacticalVirus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TacticalVirus »

CorranHorn wrote:

In a PM exchange where I had to tell Insanity that "Toronto, Quebec" wasn't a place, he tried to guilt me for liking the Senators and not one of the original six...

I was done with that joke of a franchise when they couldn't get out of the first round with the third winningest goaltender in NHL history.
haruky wrote:That pass was an amazing play by Alonso. OH MY WORD!
phpBB [video]

More impressive imo
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

TacticalVirus wrote:
CorranHorn wrote:

In a PM exchange where I had to tell Insanity that "Toronto, Quebec" wasn't a place, he tried to guilt me for liking the Senators and not one of the original six...

I was done with that joke of a franchise when they couldn't get out of the first round with the third winningest goaltender in NHL history.
haruky wrote:That pass was an amazing play by Alonso. OH MY WORD!
phpBB [video]

More impressive imo
I don't quite watch the MotoGP... but man... that was impressive and intense..
Image[/url]
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

Watching that MotoGP clip... Wow 8O

I literally had the hairs on my arms raise as Rossi passed Lorenzo on that last turn to win. That. Was. Amazing!

Thank you for sharing, Tac :clap: