Sports.

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

TacticalVirus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: Sports.

Post by TacticalVirus »

I watch MotoGP about as much as I watch Indy or Formula One. I might even get to go F1 at the Spa next year, which would be incredible.

To me, F1 is great for the engineering that goes into the cars. But I'm going to be an engineer, so that might lead to a bit of bias. MotoGP, Superbike World Championship, and the Isle of Man TT are the pinnacle of chutzpa as far as I'm concerned. MotoGP and SBK WC are more like F1 on two wheels, and Isle of Man TT is like the WRC on two wheels. In MotoGP or SBK, you're dancing on the knife edge of physics next to a bunch of other people dancing on the knife edge of physics, and they don't have nice crash tubs to sit in. In the Isle of Man TT you're going even faster that those two, on public roads. I don't futz around on my bike on most roads because they're utter crap. The idea of doing 100mph+ on unfamiliar, unprepared roads is downright insane to me, especially when you don't have four wheels and a cage.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

TacticalVirus wrote:I watch MotoGP about as much as I watch Indy or Formula One. I might even get to go F1 at the Spa next year, which would be incredible.

To me, F1 is great for the engineering that goes into the cars. But I'm going to be an engineer, so that might lead to a bit of bias. MotoGP, Superbike World Championship, and the Isle of Man TT are the pinnacle of chutzpa as far as I'm concerned. MotoGP and SBK WC are more like F1 on two wheels, and Isle of Man TT is like the WRC on two wheels. In MotoGP or SBK, you're dancing on the knife edge of physics next to a bunch of other people dancing on the knife edge of physics, and they don't have nice crash tubs to sit in. In the Isle of Man TT you're going even faster that those two, on public roads. I don't futz around on my bike on most roads because they're utter crap. The idea of doing 100mph+ on unfamiliar, unprepared roads is downright insane to me, especially when you don't have four wheels and a cage.
Didn't expect to see another F1 fan here! Who is your favorite racer??
Image[/url]
TacticalVirus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TacticalVirus »

Senna.
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

TacticalVirus wrote:Senna.
Oh. I loved Senna too. But I was curious as to who your favorite current racer is.
Image[/url]
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

I didn't expect to see F1 fans from the US/Canada, I assumed you were all into Champcar. Looking forward to the race tomorrow!
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

A Docile Sloth wrote:I didn't expect to see F1 fans from the US/Canada, I assumed you were all into Champcar. Looking forward to the race tomorrow!
I enjoy F1 and WRC, it's just rarely on TV at all over here because the rednecks with their nascar driving in circles take up all the air time. I don't even really have a favorite at the time, I just enjoy watching the races.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

matsif wrote:
A Docile Sloth wrote:I didn't expect to see F1 fans from the US/Canada, I assumed you were all into Champcar. Looking forward to the race tomorrow!
I enjoy F1 and WRC, it's just rarely on TV at all over here because the rednecks with their nascar driving in circles take up all the air time. I don't even really have a favorite at the time, I just enjoy watching the races.
^^ My sentiments exactly - I live near (~10m) a Nascar race track - Race Weekends are a real mess! :(
TacticalVirus
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by TacticalVirus »

To be fair, open wheel racing was more popular than anything else in NA up until Indy fraked everything up mid 90s.

WRC was awesome up until the financial crisis killed competition (two cars, woooo) in '07. It's slowly recovering atleast.

As for current drivers...it's going to have to be Vettel
LCourage
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LCourage »

Anything involving blunt trauma

...which is usually American football
Tunnel Snakes rule!
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

LCourage wrote:Anything involving blunt trauma

...which is usually American football
I love watching college football, but the NFL has lost most of its appeal to me. Having played offensive line for 7 years until my knees were all screwed up after high school, I can't believe some of the stuff I see "linemen" doing in that league. That and most of the hard hitting, hard working parts are being routinely taken away from that league to protect the star receivers and QBs just to get more money from long passing plays, which are apparently exciting to someone.

Hockey has just as many hits and is much more exciting to me anymore though.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

matsif wrote:
phpBB [video]

Kimi is the man! He just doesn't give a crap....or gives!

phpBB [video]
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Chefcook

Post by Chefcook »

Even though i might be the least talented Striker, who ever touched the ball with his foot (not feet, because my left one is just for not falling over porpuse), i enjoy playing Fußball (football/soccer). Maybe i should have started earlier and should have trained more and everything, but GC burnt away all my time! ;)
ImageImage
Lets Cook and Roll!
sushi
Executive
Executive

Post by sushi »

bah excuses, excuses ... says the dude who should move his luxus body much more than he currently does :?
Digz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Digz »

as kid soccer and judo. as teen Ice&inline Hockey, never formal goalie, but when I tried it was fun
and got good feedback.
Spoiler: show
reading LoA giving up ice hockey when he lives in EU for PC gaming
is like refusing 2 sexy supermodels who want to marry you, both of them! in order to be male sex-slave
for java the hut.
coached kids and teens on inline hockey&ref. took one amateur cup with team of friends&coaches from work.
like hitman tried Kendu for a year.
Fanne choice is so weird. seems pointless to me to dive with gear in a pool, when diving
in sea is so much better.
triedtennis but no1 got time for that, love ping pong here's my fav trap:

except team sports? used to swim, gum.
here's something for HGX:
phpBB [video]

and this is why soccer sucks, better go to theater :
phpBB [video]
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

This has to be the best week ever. Today my rugby team has qualified for the Natwest Cup quarter-finals! We are the only team in the history of our school to ever get this far and the only grammar school left in the competition. And we won the match today 12-0!

To add to this there's a superbowl on sunday. I'm going to die of happiness :-D
the end is really fµcking nigh