Commander Mode on Unranked Servers

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Von_Krieg
Executive
Executive

Re: Commander Mode on Unranked Servers

Post by Von_Krieg »

Lol though in the past that was called stat padding and they used to ban for that :).
kidbagz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by kidbagz »

I have to agree with Shrapnel.

Some of us only get to play during battledays and do not have time to pub during the week at all. Me for example, I barely had any unlocks in BF3 because for the 2 years i played the game 95% of the time was with GC.

I never unlocked the 3rd position in the tank after all that time... this would make me useless if I was part of an armored division.

Some of us love GC because we can't pub, and GC is the only way we get the "full BF experience"

Just my 2cents
Image FOR THE MOTHERLAND!
RazY70
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by RazY70 »

I'd rather see all unlocks without commander than the other way around. This issue will probably be resolved soon and FC's can play the same way they did in BF3 till it does. Not ideal but better than the imbalances imposed on those who haven't pubbed as much.
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

kidbagz wrote:Some of us only get to play during battledays and do not have time to pub during the week at all. Me for example, I barely had any unlocks in BF3 because for the 2 years i played the game 95% of the time was with GC.
And if we had been playing ranked without unlocks, you likely would have had most/all unlocks in a campaign or two.
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
Liljedahls

Post by Liljedahls »

I'm sorry but how is this even a discussion? Removing all the unlocks for something so minor as Commander Mode? Sounds quite silly in my opinion.
CountBelasarius
Executive
Executive

Post by CountBelasarius »

Liljedahls wrote:I'm sorry but how is this even a discussion? Removing all the unlocks for something so minor as Commander Mode? Sounds quite silly in my opinion.
True things.

Unlocks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Commander Mode
lC8l - GL*FSG
lC9l - WY*COL
lC10l - GE=EMP
lC11l - 11BCPT
lC12l - AH*BRG
lC13l - CU-SGT
BF3 C1 - [WH2]
BF3 C2 - [TA]
BF3 C3 - [TA]
BF3 C4 - [TA]
BF3 C5 - [TA]
BF3 C6 - [TA]
BF4:C1 [☭] Komandir
kidbagz
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by kidbagz »

zorplex wrote:
kidbagz wrote:Some of us only get to play during battledays and do not have time to pub during the week at all. Me for example, I barely had any unlocks in BF3 because for the 2 years i played the game 95% of the time was with GC.
And if we had been playing ranked without unlocks, you likely would have had most/all unlocks in a campaign or two.
I understand. There are two sides of the coin. I'm sure both FCs will come to an agreement.

I would play either way, we are all here to have some fun! right? k:beer: k:beer:
Image FOR THE MOTHERLAND!
undrt0w
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by undrt0w »

I have only Rank 6 in BF4 :? :thumbdown:
Welcome Committee Member
What is GC? | Getting Started at GC | Campaign Sign-up Video | FAQ | Forum Netiquette

New Members do you need help?
Find me on TS or send me a PM
Frosteyy

Post by Frosteyy »

I'm sure Daskro or the LevelBF team would be willing to help. Don't they have a solution to this?
C5: LOD/Corporal
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

DICE dev just said this "We are currently working on making sure the vars.unlockMode command doesn't mess with your rank. This should also fix the problem." I think the fix is coming soon! :)
Shrapnel
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Shrapnel »

zorplex wrote:And if we had been playing ranked without unlocks, you likely would have had most/all unlocks in a campaign or two.
But it still won't record stats if we have the server passworded...
[sig]Broken due to link being older than I am (in internet years at least) and laziness[/sig]
matsif
Executive
Executive

Post by matsif »

after the NA server test we just tried, we realized that commander can't even pick the side they want to be on as well as it not working with all unlocks. Probably going to be better off just using MAVs until we get some things sorted with that.

also the all unlocks setting does not give you any of the battlepack unlocks.
woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died
mrBLUE9
Executive
Executive

Post by mrBLUE9 »

matsif wrote:after the NA server test we just tried, we realized that commander can't even pick the side they want to be on as well as it not working with all unlocks. Probably going to be better off just using MAVs until we get some things sorted with that.
If they fix the all unlocks/no commander issue, what we can do is having a TA joining the commander slot and then having the FC of the side that is empty join, then the TA leaves and the other FC joins. It's a pain in the ass, but better than nothing. I mean, unless the commander get random sides when the round restarts. If that's the case let's post again on Battlelog so they can look into that also.
zorplex
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by zorplex »

Shrapnel wrote:But it still won't record stats if we have the server passworded...
I just double checked the possible settings. I thought it was possible to play ranked on a password protected/private server. Apparently I was mistaken. So never mind on all my points. :silent:
Get a free Planetside 2 starter pack! Shameless PS2 recruitment link!
BF3C2-L • Hitcorp • Staff Sergeant ~§~ BF3C3-L • PRIDe • Captain ~§~ BF3C4-L • Gladius • Captain BF3C5-W • Legion of Doom • Captain Image
BF3C6-L • UNSC • PFC ~§~ BF4C1-L • Allies • PRVT ~§~ BF4C2-W • 9th MEU • P2C
BF4C3 • Corleone Family • HCImage
BF4C4 • SAD JANUS • HC
Ash2Dust
Executive
Executive

Post by Ash2Dust »

Commander is very disappointing after BF2. Yet, it does not take a player slot like BF2.