New ability to play same faction on both sides

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Projecttwoandy

New ability to play same faction on both sides

Post by Projecttwoandy »

So procon now has a function to be able to play the same faction on both sides to have perfect vehicle balance on each side. Don't know if this is something that we would want to ever implement, but if there is ever an opportunity for 2v2 heli or jet dogfighting, etc, this would be a great function.

Here are the console commands for Procon:
vars.teamYFactionOverride X

Y = team variable
X = faction variable
0 = USA
1 = RU
2 = CN
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: New ability to play same faction on both sides

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

Perfect. Let's figure out what side provides the most balanced vehicle combinations (i.e. stealth <-> attack jets) and use only that. No more stupid imbalances. :clap:
Nix

Post by Nix »

We can have a civil war re-enactment?
MAAfield 4: MAA Rising, Second MAA, MAA Strike, MAA's Teeth, Final MAA, MAA Operations, Community MAA and Legacy MAA
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

I guess the Russians are out of the equation (stupid maneurable sexy Suhkoi)

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
haruky
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by haruky »

TheNixNick wrote:We can have a civil war re-enactment?
:thumbup:
Image[/url]
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

Oh gawd. Can you imagine the kung fu treachery with everyone having the same camo? And the team kills. We would have to ban Gwynzer.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
A Docile Sloth
Executive
Executive

Post by A Docile Sloth »

Bock wrote:Oh gawd. Can you imagine the kung fu treachery with everyone having the same camo? And the team kills. We would have to ban Gwynzer.
Probably the only rounds Gwynzer wouldn't TK anyone
KoffeinFlummi
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by KoffeinFlummi »

elchino7 wrote:I guess the Russians are out of the equation (stupid maneurable sexy Suhkoi)
Why? If both sides have it...
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

I find that BF4's soldiers are completely indistinguishable from each other. Even close up they look the same in a way that wasn't true for BF3, not sure what it is exactly.
ImageImageImage
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

StarfisherEcho wrote:I find that BF4's soldiers are completely indistinguishable from each other. Even close up they look the same in a way that wasn't true for BF3, not sure what it is exactly.
True; I have no idea how you people have played this with 3d spotting off before.
TheYonderGod

Post by TheYonderGod »

Fields wrote:
StarfisherEcho wrote:I find that BF4's soldiers are completely indistinguishable from each other. Even close up they look the same in a way that wasn't true for BF3, not sure what it is exactly.
True; I have no idea how you people have played this with 3d spotting off before.
I have never paid attention to what the soldiers look like, I don't understand how some people are able to distinguish between teams by how the soldiers look... I just use the 3d labeling; if they have a blue name over them they are team mates, if not, they're enemies. I assumed this was the way everyone did it...
ImageImage
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

TheYonderGod wrote:
Fields wrote:
I have never paid attention to what the soldiers look like, I don't understand how some people are able to distinguish between teams by how the soldiers look... I just use the 3d labeling; if they have a blue name over them they are team mates, if not, they're enemies. I assumed this was the way everyone did it...
This^

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
Fanne
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fanne »

TheYonderGod wrote:
Fields wrote:
Bad about name tag is... if there is a blue one behind a enemy you think the enemy is a friendly sometimes...
I have to admit that I mostly do the same ( look for the collour of name :oops:

I think there is enough cammo to have two different team set up ( anyway today all the cammo looks nearly like each other ).
Imagine the risk systhem can have a card to choose nation now... we can set Maps to what we want them to be or even can have the same maps with dif armys on them to avoid boredom a bit.
only downside I see or can think of is server can't handle it and crashes even more :x
Gwynzer
Executive
Executive

Post by Gwynzer »

I just shoot everybody.
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

It's not just "are they on my team", which yeah you use the magic dorito for that, but "what class are they". In the olden days, you could usually get some hint based on the player model. Engineer had his mask, support had a big backpack, etc. Now, even though those things are still true, something about the way they're rendered makes them completely indistinguishable to me.

The soldiers in the game look like weird glowing plastic dolls sometimes, whereas in BF3 they always fit into the environment. I guess they had to make some trade off so they could LEVOLVE
ImageImageImage