BF4 Bullshit

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Re: BF4 Bullshit

Post by Necromancer »

BF3 had a lot of bugs and broken crap as we all remember.
I also unintalled it the moment the campaign ended. I thought that since they took BF3's engine and worked for 2 years on it, the logical conclusion is that it would be better then BF3. Thats why we were excited - to play a proper "BF3" - and then we get this, all of BF3 bugs , including the ones that were fixed, and tons of new ones. The bigger the expectations, the bigger the disappointments.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
ZebraPeps
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZebraPeps »

Besides the crash fest, bugs, netcode, instakills and whatnot, there's another thing that is very frustrating with BF4 and that is the lack of transparency from DICE...
Remember the patch notes for BF3? They explicitly stated what kind of changes were made to certain weapons/equipment and game issues - compare those to the patch notes for BF4 and you see how vague they are now. The transparency which were the norm in BF3 are basically non-existent for BF4. There are a lot of changes done with the patches but we are left in the dark and this also contribute to the dissatisfaction and frustration towards BF4.

Regarding the patches for BF4, they have already introduced buffs and nerfs to all kind of weapons, although we are not aware since it is not stated in any patch notes. For instance, now the M416 does not behave as it did at game release due to changes introduced in one (or all) of the patches. The horisontal recoil or bullet spread has increased and so it is not the same weapon anymore. What other weapons have been buffed or nerfed in this way in the released patches? Nobody knows...
It's been like this after each patch, one could sense that something has happened because the gameplay became slightly different, but you have no idea what really changed...
Add to that the "secret" disabling of some ingame features that were hyped during the pre-relase marketing campaign and you basically have a completely different game now compared to what you bought at release, but you just don't know about it unless you constantly scan the community forums in battlelog/reddit/symthic/youtube etc...
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

I think seeing both the number and content of the posts in this thread is a pretty good barometer for everyone's general feelings on the game.
ZebraPeps
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZebraPeps »

Ok, besides the "customer satisfaction" issues I mentioned in previous post... here's actually a video that sums up and explains the fundamental flaws in battlefield which gives us such weird experiences sometimes .
Spoiler: show
phpBB [video]
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

more bullshit
phpBB [video]
InsanityRocks
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by InsanityRocks »

Fields wrote:I think seeing both the number and content of the posts in this thread is a pretty good barometer for everyone's general feelings on the game.
I'm thinking the same thing.

Though, like I've mentioned to folks on TS, it's hard for me (and just me) to be mad at the game when my skill level doesn't allow me to experience all the issues; put another way: I die a lot; I died a lot in BF3 and, so, don't notice a big difference.

But there does seem to be pervasive feeling of aggravation and frustration towards BF4.
LoA
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by LoA »

Necromancer wrote:more bullshit
phpBB [video]
AP doesn't block TV-missiles.
BlooDRaptoR1

Post by BlooDRaptoR1 »

U know when some of u pre order battlefield 4 , automatically accept the consequenses of buying it, right?
Even buying it a bit later, still it is gonna have bugs, even bf3 still has major bugs but nobody gives a lemonade. :)

Cheer up n3cro :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nteDP62uWcw
C4 -Image
C5 - Image
ZebraPeps
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZebraPeps »

Róka

Post by Róka »

#sad
ImageImage
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

Post patch BS
phpBB [video]
Phyrefli

Post by Phyrefli »

Just read through this whole thread and agree with the BF4 disappointment. Personally it doesn't just have poor netcode, I get a lot of stuttering as well. The same kind I had in the BC2 beta. Now I only play BF4 in GC.

Anyway, I wanted to suggest something. There's a lot of talk about other games, RO2/RS (great game), ARMA III (got it but never played it) etc. Is it possible to hold a poll and see what game(s) people would prefer for the next campaign OR would like to test out for a new campaign. Make it multiple choice as many folks would likely be happy to play several different games.
Hgx

Post by Hgx »

Phyrefli wrote:Just read through this whole thread and agree with the BF4 disappointment. Personally it doesn't just have poor netcode, I get a lot of stuttering as well. The same kind I had in the BC2 beta. Now I only play BF4 in GC.

Anyway, I wanted to suggest something. There's a lot of talk about other games, RO2/RS (great game), ARMA III (got it but never played it) etc. Is it possible to hold a poll and see what game(s) people would prefer for the next campaign OR would like to test out for a new campaign. Make it multiple choice as many folks would likely be happy to play several different games.
Im gonna guess you missed the after campaign debate we had last saturday.
We did that already, Arma 3 came up on 2nd place after "BF 4 if improved" (AKA BF4 it it works decently)
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

Hgx - don't forget a lot of members who are frustrated with BF4 weren't there.
about 70% of the people who were there voted for BF4, but these numbers would probably go down if you add the members who stopped showing up due to BF4 poor state.
Phyrefli

Post by Phyrefli »

Hgx wrote:
Phyrefli wrote:Just read through this whole thread and agree with the BF4 disappointment. Personally it doesn't just have poor netcode, I get a lot of stuttering as well. The same kind I had in the BC2 beta. Now I only play BF4 in GC.

Im gonna guess you missed the after campaign debate we had last saturday.
We did that already, Arma 3 came up on 2nd place after "BF 4 if improved" (AKA BF4 it it works decently)
Yeah, I only ever stay for the first half of a BD so wasn't aware that was done.