BF4 Bullshit

Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

Divine-Sneaker

Re: BF4 Bullshit

Post by Divine-Sneaker »

The real question is, why the frak was it ever any different?
"fraking game mechanics"
StarfisherEcho
Executive
Executive

Post by StarfisherEcho »

Because in Sweden the military shoots bullets out of their foreheads
ImageImageImage
Gonzo
Executive
Executive

Post by Gonzo »

.Sup
Executive
Executive

Post by .Sup »

I wish they added Stg 44 Krummlauf in the game
cancel_man
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cancel_man »

.Sup wrote:I wish they added Stg 44 Krummlauf in the game
Game already allows enough killing enemies around corners, thanks very much.
CrookedBarrel

Post by CrookedBarrel »

If you're going to put such a thing in the game, make it the modern equivalent:

"Of course he looks like the suspect, that don't make him guilty! You look like an idiot, that doesn't mean you are one." -Ken Rosenberg
BF4 C3 TCF Sgt
BF4 C4 SAD Cpt
BF4 C5 EVIL WO
BF4 C6 TCF Col
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

It seems MBT Laws are bugged again. Do we go back with the bans?

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

elchino7 wrote:It seems MBT Laws are bugged again. Do we go back with the bans?

How so? Are there any discussions on reddit/symthic?
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Gonzo
Executive
Executive

Post by Gonzo »

I'm not 100% on this, but I'm pretty sure I got 2 shot by MBT LAWs yesterday. I think they might do lock-on damage of 56 while not actually being laser designated. On the other hand the sound might be buggy and I didn't hear the lock-on, not sure yet.

The other thing concerning tanks I noticed was that my hovertank once got shot by a single missile (actually by a friendly) and it was suddenly on fire. I just kept losing energy until it blew up a few seconds later. I don't think that's intended, since it only happened the one time (to me... later on I heard someone else on TS having the same problem).
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

I was talking about bypassing AP again.

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
Sarantini
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Sarantini »

that hover tank has the weirdest handling ever
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
cancel_man
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by cancel_man »

I think you're implying that Jager was killed by the shell that appeared to fly over your head... but maybe he was killed by the MG gunner in the 2nd seat? Was Stron the driver or passenger of the Type 99 at that time?

edit: I take that back. Jager was at full health and clearly died from 1 hit; no way it was the passenger gun that killed him. Definitely weird de-sync :roll:
Fields
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Fields »

In the rare occasion that I drive a tank, I find it infinitely frustrating seeing the shells fly overhead, and still getting hit by them. It's kind of a disaster and I have no idea how you armor people do it without breaking all your keyboards.
nx-jojo
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by nx-jojo »

it is NOT desync. it is game mechanics!

in BF4 (like pretty much any other shooter) there are two types of bullets.
1) actual bullets: you shoot them out of your eyes. they deal damage!
2) visual bullets: they come out of the tip of your gun. they don't deal damage!

so from an outside view when you fire your gun it looks like bullets are being launched from your barrel but the actual bullets are invisible and come out of your eyes. sounds weird but that is what games look like nowadays. mostly has to do with complexity and game feel for players (most players would get annoyed standing in a headglitch like they used to be in so many games and not noticing the bullets are hitting the obstacle in front of them).
same concept applies for vehicles. you shoot actual bullets / shells from where your vision is based but the optical bullets / shells are being fired out of the canon.
i get asked very often by gunners "did you miss that shot?" i dont have incredible aim but i do hit most of the shots so the answer is mostly the same "no i hit him"

the enemy tank driver got the kill. reason: see above, also the shell would have hit me but i took no damage (no APS). bodies in bf4 can stop shells. bullets on the other hand fly right through them!

bf4: mostly consistent since DICE LA took over as long as people understand game mechanics =)