Discuss the campaign and all things BF.

Moderator: Executive

.Sup
Executive
Executive

Re: BF4 Bullshit

Post by .Sup »

matsif wrote:
.Sup wrote:What about BC2 and BC2 Vietnam combo? Same game but different experience. I think it would be a very interesting campaign. Nothing to ban in Vietnam. Even in BC2 I don't remember anything being overpowered.

We didn't play BC2 much at GC but not because the game sucked but because we were not used to the new approach like graphics and gameplay since its so much different from BF2. BF2 was so awesome that BC2 sucked compared to it. The more you go into the past with BF series the better. Im all for BF2 or 42...
I thought it was the 32 player limit with BC2 more than anything.
Honestly I don't remember there was a limit. Is it still there?
Bock
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Bock »

Yeah. BC2 has a limit of 32 players on PC.
BF3C3: DARK - Inf - SFC || BF3C4: STAR - Inf - 1Lt || BF3C5: KART - Armor - Cpt
BF3C6: SCAR - HC - Col || BF4C1: USSR - Mech - Kpt || BF4C2: GOCI - Inf - Lt
BF4C3: TCF - Bronx - Sgt. Maj. || BF4C4: JANUS - Air - Pvt || BF4C5: TA
BF4C6: SAD - Armor - Cpt
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

Unless you play RUSH, CQ on BC2 was really poorly designed.

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Breathing…breathingbreathing
Hitman47
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Hitman47 »

For this Saturday, I have a TacBF event in store, more details to follow Wednesday evening, still busy with exams.
BF2: C5 - Corporal | C6 - Corporal | C7 - Feldwebel (Sergeant) | C8 - Neutral Peace Keeper | C9 - Captain | C10 - Grand Moff (HC) | C11 - Macaca (Staff Sergeant) | C12 - Major | C13 - Corporal
BF3: C1 - Colonel | C2 - General | C3 - Neutral | C4 - Brigadier | C5 - Private | C6 - Brigadier General
BF4: C1 - Tournament Admin | C2 - General
Divine-Sneaker

Post by Divine-Sneaker »

elchino7 wrote:Unless you play RUSH, CQ on BC2 was really poorly designed.
What else would you play?
"fraking game mechanics"
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

Battlefield 4 is not that broken as many believe. I really cant stand all the pickering about the 'state of the game' anymore. Some people tell themselves over and over again how bad the game is that they dont see the fun in it anymore. This is, however, not entirely the games fault. You own negativity drags you down. That the bf4 subreddit is a hell-hole with rage is not helping either.

Maybe I am a rather positive person, but raging over small things and being negative all the time (or even raging just because other people do it) is just not the way you want to handle things in your life.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

Joker - BF3 +2 years of development results in a game worse then BF3?
its worse in about every aspect. from netcode to hollow objects or invisible walls in a magnitude never seen before. its just poor work all around. The amount of rage you see on the internet is relative to the gap between what people expected and what they got. and don't forget those complaints are not coming from some COD fans that doesn't even own the game, its coming from BF consumers. that in itself speaks volumes about the product.
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
Jokerle
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Jokerle »

I feel I have expressed my view pretty strongly in my last post and I dont have anything to add. Just read it again.
Wat ne Wuchtbrumme!
Tea-Assault
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Tea-Assault »

I agree with Jokerle, but I still have to say that I only have fun in BF4 nowadays when I'm derping around with you lot ;)
the end is really fµcking nigh
ZebraPeps
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZebraPeps »

Well... at least there's still some fun to have in the game :P
phpBB [video]
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

AHHAHAHAHAHA!!

Thx for the video. Did the boat transformed into a submarine? (i like doing it with the LAV during the Storm)
Divine-Sneaker wrote:
Are you referring to other games or modes? I haven´t seen how you played BC2 on the past here at GC but i think (even if i love the game) that CQ was really poorly implemented. Unless you liked AT4 sniping the crap out of everything i found it quite dull. Map size n design. On the other hand, Rush felt like a whole different thing. Being it capped at 32players also helped (max number intended for this mode).

"Clubbing, drinking, dancing, glancing, flirting, winking, greeting, meeting, chatting, laughing, talking, walking, leaving, weaving, stumbling, fumbling, cabbing, asking, viewing, brewing, nuzzling, cuddling, feeling, reeling, kissing, twisting, touching, rushing, stripping, gripping, clutching, thrusting, bending, arching, gasping, slacking, melting, sleeping, waking, smelling…
Dirt?
Scrabbling, pounding, thumping, bumping, screaming, scratching, groping, choking, crying, gulping, stifling… quieting.
Divine-Sneaker

Post by Divine-Sneaker »

elchino7 wrote:AHHAHAHAHAHA!!

Thx for the video. Did the boat transformed into a submarine? (i like doing it with the LAV during the Storm)
Divine-Sneaker wrote:
Are you referring to other games or modes? I haven´t seen how you played BC2 on the past here at GC but i think (even if i love the game) that CQ was really poorly implemented. Unless you liked AT4 sniping the crap out of everything i found it quite dull. Map size n design. On the other hand, Rush felt like a whole different thing. Being it capped at 32players also helped (max number intended for this mode).
I meant the game modes. I did play a ton of BC2, more than I've played both BF3 and 4 altogether, just not with anyone from gc apart from some nostalgia sessions the past year. Hell, I didn't know off gc until after everyone had already quit BC2,

Conquest in BC2 was fine for what it was on most maps. I personally didn't really enjoy the more vehicle focused maps in the game even if I was pretty good at them. The smaller city/infantry focused ones however were well designed for that style of combat.

Where the game fell short apart, from coding issues, is that this and rush were the only options you had. What I and many people really would've wanted was to keep pretty much everything as it was in BC2, but also add a bunch of big vehicle based Conquest maps that were clearly designed with that in mind.

The thing about BF4 is that while I can enjoy some pubstacking and trashing of terribles, that's all I can enjoy. I don't feel like I can impose arbitrary rules and specific settings on the game and have turn into a different, yet positive experience. There are too many bad mechanics that are way overemphasized, out of which many do nothing but attempt to narrow the gap between skilled players and those less so.
"fraking game mechanics"
Necromancer
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by Necromancer »

BF4 is truly magical.
phpBB [video]
-“Regret your helplessness…and feel despair.”
Achievement Unlocked: Battlefield 4 Uninstalled!!
ZebraPeps
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

Post by ZebraPeps »

Ah, those BF4 moments :mrgreen:
elchino7

Post by elchino7 »

The C4 one comes from BF3 :P

Dirt?